Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm busting my ass off at work

RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

For 1k in money. Think it's worth it? Usually takes 2 weeks to get the job done hours are a little wacko, I usually get 300 a week but, since this is a top priority job I get a little bonus. Eh, my old man is my employer, family business you know? Would you bust your ass off for half a month for that kinda money? If so or, not, why?

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

well first off work is only as hard as you make it but some jobs are exceptions

for example i used to bust my ass just as much as you but then i realized that one just has to be smarter in finding a job.

now my job is paying for me to get tech degrees(but im still gonna do normal university crap once i graduate and still work there) they are now paying me 14 dollars an hour but the more certifications i get the more they pay. and i work 40 hours a week sitting posting here like i am now.

now to get this job i went through hell pulling contacts left and right and doing favors.

anyone can do what i did they just normally dont think in the ways to get to that point.

but if its for your old man its a little bit of your family duty to help out your family buisness so until something better comes along ide do it....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Hell, three years ago I wanted to invest in mutual funds I had over a thousand saved up and I wanted to invest if I did it they'd probably triple by now. But, I had to pay my dad's bills for the month. Sucks, I can't get started doing anything, tech schools around here will just get you a job at the same pay as a person that worked at a Dairy Queen for 2 years. I'm really looking into the market I want to find something worthwhile, this guy my dad works for is sposedly a millionaire by now, he started up a cell phone business and it just boomed, most his money now is in bonds and, investments I seriously need to think of something.

But, don't you have to take a test for getting certificates? I was going to do the C++ test for computers engineers, I could pass it if only I could apply myself to the curriculum. I was thinking hard about it this time last year, life just kept gettting in the way.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Betrayal-X

Hell, three years ago I wanted to invest in mutual funds I had over a thousand saved up and I wanted to invest if I did it they'd probably triple by now. But, I had to pay my dad's bills for the month. Sucks, I can't get started doing anything, tech schools around here will just get you a job at the same pay as a person that worked at a Dairy Queen for 2 years. I'm really looking into the market I want to find something worthwhile, this guy my dad works for is sposedly a millionaire by now, he started up a cell phone business and it just boomed, most his money now is in bonds and, investments I seriously need to think of something.
    But, don't you have to take a test for getting certificates? I was going to do the C++ test for computers engineers, I could pass it if only I could apply myself to the curriculum. I was thinking hard about it this time last year, life just kept gettting in the way.

you have to take a course and at the end their is a test.

but however its not programming its networking, maintenence.

the course for me to be certified on windows server 2003 they had to pay for me to go there and pay me for being there.

its less like a degree and more like courses for individual bits of software.

but im making good cash right now.... especially for being 17 years old.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.