Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request for EQNext

RS-ManRS-Man Member UncommonPosts: 57

Please, add bleeding animations, cut limbs off with slashing weapons, crush limbs and armor with blunt items, characters on fire start to melt skin or armor's plastic parts or metal starts getting searing hot and inflicts more pain, etc...

It is nice to see the impact for an ability or action on the enemy and self.

What i saw on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsaLHtpFhfw is actions and and weapon animation just passing through enemies with no real impact or enemy reaction to it, no real physics

Bring the enchanter and magician back from EQ and EQOA, miss those classes a lot, specially the healing water elemental for Magicians.

=/= Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure! =\=

AsRock x370 Taichi AM4 Promontory
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz 1.33v
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 - Temps: ~28-32 idle ~45-60 load
G.Skill Ripjaws 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
MSI GamingX GTX 1070
CoolerMaster 850Watts PowerSupply

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

The combat you see here is the first iteration of combat in the closed Beta of the game in the game and tools being used to build combat in EQN which isn't even in closed Alpha.

There is a LOT of additions to every aspect of combat yet to come.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

The combat you see here is the first iteration of combat in the closed Beta of the game in the game and tools being used to build combat in EQN which isn't even in closed Alpha.

None of which will in anyway look like the Conan ingredients listed by the OP. Disney's Guild Wars 3 is not meant for adult audiences. You should stop following EQNext now if you want anything other than low detail builder world meets cartoon silliness.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Originally posted by Archlyte

None of which will in anyway look like the Conan ingredients listed by the OP. Disney's Guild Wars 3 is not meant for adult audiences. You should stop following EQNext now if you want anything other than low detail builder world meets cartoon silliness.

Someone has issues.

Someone has issues.

I have issues with bad design choices. But seriously, anyone looking for graphic violence and such should just forget they heard the title EQNext now. EQN is not aimed at any kind of sensibility beyond MOBA cartoonishness. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it.

• Havok2allHavok2all Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by RS-Man

Please, add bleeding animations, cut limbs off with slashing weapons, crush limbs and armor with blunt items, characters on fire start to melt skin or armor's plastic parts or metal starts getting searing hot and inflicts more pain, etc...

What i saw on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsaLHtpFhfw is actions and and weapon animation just passing through enemies with no real impact or enemy reaction to it, no real physics

Bring the enchanter and magician back from EQ and EQOA, miss those classes a lot, specially the healing water elemental for Magicians.

Half of what you are requesting is not kid friendly, which is a big market SOE is going for, and the other half is extremely complicated to program and animate. The big issues with the programming is the effects that programming has on other programming code. It becomes a congested mess to to make everything even remotely connected work correctly.

As a side note, why are you asking here? Not trying to be an ass, but if you truly want  them to take notice, the EQ Next boards would be the place to make your request. I highly doubt anyone here as any pull with game changes.

Originally posted by Havok2all
    Originally posted by RS-Man

Half of what you are requesting is not kid friendly, which is a big market SOE is going for, and the other half is extremely complicated to program and animate. The big issues with the programming is the effects that programming has on other programming code. It becomes a congested mess to to make everything even remotely connected work correctly.

As a side note, why are you asking here? Not trying to be an ass, but if you truly want  them to take notice, the EQ Next boards would be the place to make your request. I highly doubt anyone here as any pull with game changes.

The EQN boards are dev threads only at this point. They aren't going to change their game to be something 180 degrees different in feel at this point in the game. OP wants some other game that may come down the road and shares common ancestry with EQNext.

Someone has issues.

I have issues with bad design choices. But seriously, anyone looking for graphic violence and such should just forget they heard the title EQNext now. EQN is not aimed at any kind of sensibility beyond MOBA cartoonishness. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it.

I have no problems with the look of Landmark at all. It is not realistic to make the game look good for longer and is, in my opinion a very good design choice.

I have no problem with the combat design removing auto attack and requiring some skill to use. Tab targeting, auto hit, skill less combat is bad good choice if they intend to design the game for longevity so not having those things is another good design choice.

I am glad SOE have decided to move the genre forward rather then rehash the same tired, boring brainless design that most games over the last 10 years have tried and failed using.

Evidence? Look at the last 10 years of MMO development and ask yourself do you want another 10 years of it or something new? But to be honest, it is hard to present evidence when you are expressing personal opinion and seem to have already made a decision.

The EQN boards are dev threads only at this point. They aren't going to change their game to be something 180 degrees different in feel at this point in the game. OP wants some other game that may come down the road and shares common ancestry with EQNext.

Bot if a red Herring as the Landmark forums are where the Devs are talking and everything you see in Landmark is to develop Landmark AND EQN. So if you want to get involved in the design of EQN you should be participating with the rest of the community on the Landmark boards.

• SengiSengi Member CommonPosts: 350

This is not going to happen. EQN is obviously going for a T / PEGI 12 rating.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Sengi

Which shouldn't be surprising as EQ games have all followed the same themes. Which is why I am confused people would even ask for such things or expect a level of realism that no EQ game has ever had or needed.

Now excuse me as I head over to a Mario forum and request Nintendo adds blood and gore. "What? Your game isn't made with mature content in mind? That is madness. I've been playing Mario games for 26 years why hasn't the franchise matured with me?..."

• SengiSengi Member CommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Allein

Which shouldn't be surprising as EQ games have all followed the same themes. Which is why I am confused people would even ask for such things or expect a level of realism that no EQ game has ever had or needed.

Now excuse me as I head over to a Mario forum and request Nintendo adds blood and gore. "What? Your game isn't made with mature content in mind? That is madness. I've been playing Mario games for 26 years why hasn't the franchise matured with me?..."

This is madness? I think that is the problem. Many players would like to have their EQ with a bit of SPARTA.

I can understand the OP very well. A lot of fans have been looking for a grittier take on EQ, but instead SOE is moving full throttle in the opposite direction, by making the game more child-friendly.

I think the comparison with Super Mario is not entirely fair. EQ certainly had a more serious type of storytelling.

Someone has issues.

I have no problems with the look of Landmark at all. It is not realistic to make the game look good for longer and is, in my opinion a very good design choice.

I have no problem with the combat design removing auto attack and requiring some skill to use. Tab targeting, auto hit, skill less combat is bad good choice if they intend to design the game for longevity so not having those things is another good design choice.

I am glad SOE have decided to move the genre forward rather then rehash the same tired, boring brainless design that most games over the last 10 years have tried and failed using.

Evidence? Look at the last 10 years of MMO development and ask yourself do you want another 10 years of it or something new? But to be honest, it is hard to present evidence when you are expressing personal opinion and seem to have already made a decision.

So you tell me that you like the choices they made and end with a commercial. Yeah ok.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Allein

This is madness? I think that is the problem. Many players would like to have their EQ with a bit of SPARTA.

I can understand the OP very well. A lot of fans have been looking for a grittier take on EQ, but instead SOE is moving full throttle in the opposite direction, by making the game more child-friendly.

I think the comparison with Super Mario is not entirely fair. EQ certainly had a more serious type of storytelling.

Ya Mario not exactly the same, but not too far off. Even if EQ games have had more seriousness to them, they still fall within the Teen aka family friendly setting. People are free to want what they do, but helps to at least be in the same ballpark as what the devs are working on and the franchise itself. Looking at the few games that have lasted 10+ years, makes sense why they went even further down that path. Assuming they are looking for another 15-20 years in EQN. With the tech and design, very possible. Room to expand in VR and whatever else we have in our futures even. Seems some fans grew up and lost that inner child at some point. Make it rain blood! 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

No thanks. There is plenty of M rated MMOs out there and most are not doing overly well. EQN will do much better on meny levels if this was not added. 

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

So you tell me that you like the choices they made and end with a commercial. Yeah ok.

I have to ask, where was the commercial?