Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny vs Defiance

2»

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    While I believe Destiny could be a lot better, it's way better than Defiance. Pvp and AI kill defiance.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by APThug
    Dude, everybody and their momma's is going to say Destiny over Defiance. 

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this title.

Ask it again in a few months when people aren't as hyped up over the new shiny.

For future reference; the new shiny will always win when you ask something like this.

(That's not to say that Destiny ISN'T the better game, just that it has an unfair advantage atm)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by strangepowers

I just went and browsed the official Bungie Destiny forums and quickly remembered why I cancelled my Xbox Live sub years ago. Who would want to be confined to playing with that hot mess of a console community.

Don't you think that most people who have a console don't also have a PC?  I do and so do most others.  We don't morph from one type or person to another as we change systems - the community is the same by and large.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by mark2123
    Originally posted by strangepowers

I just went and browsed the official Bungie Destiny forums and quickly remembered why I cancelled my Xbox Live sub years ago. Who would want to be confined to playing with that hot mess of a console community.

Don't you think that most people who have a console don't also have a PC?  I do and so do most others.  We don't morph from one type or person to another as we change systems - the community is the same by and large.

Same here.  Been a PC gamer for the last 20 years.  Right now I am enjoying the hell out of my PS4 a lot more than my PC!!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by APThug
    Dude, everybody and their momma's is going to say Destiny over Defiance. 

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this title.

Ask it again in a few months when people aren't as hyped up over the new shiny.

For future reference; the new shiny will always win when you ask something like this.

(That's not to say that Destiny ISN'T the better game, just that it has an unfair advantage atm)

Also known as the honeymoon period as well.

To me, Destiny represents fps shooter no matter how you draw the line. It has some engaging elements in the game to make it a nice multiplayer game, but massive as describing massive to population that are playing or just massive as in area's to explore in the game is the question? Or are we just calling it massive cause so many players bought the game?

MOFPS is what I would nick name it.

Massive Online First Player Shooter or Multiplayer Online First Player Shooter? Since it's a console game, I would go with my 2nd choice.

Of course this topic is just simply beating a dead horse and to each their own.

If ya enjoy Destiny, that's fantastic! It does remind a lot of Defiance in some way though, just a big hyped game like Titanfall since it is the new shiny for console players.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by NightHaveN

Also for what I read, Destiny is instanced.  You group in a loby like GW1, or DDO.  Then go with that group to an instanced mission.  In that mechanic is very easy to keep a high FPS, because you have control on the amount of models and textures loaded in the system.

Not true. That's only for the Strikes, RAID, PVP and if you team up for Story missions and enter the story instance at the end of each mission for last objective.

When you enter each map in Exploration mode, it's basically Open World and you just run into other players everywhere.

How do you enter a map in exploration mode?  Does this become available only after completing the map in story mode?