Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: 7 Signs You’re a Filthy Casual

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

the list was kind of meh... The people taking it serious otoh was well worth the price of admission.

Still not sure if it has any right to exists.

This have been a good conversation

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    This thread is just another be nasty about something thread - albeit at least with humour.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Bullhockey
  • JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    yup sounds like the typical tosser raider.
    I do/partake in some of these points.
    but the consistent elements working against players becoming "hard core"
    is shitty communities and the power/gear obsessed raider. illustrated perfectly above.
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

You Don’t Raid - For some reason that sounded like something a WoW fanboi would say.

You Don’t Use Voice Comms - Should have added that a Skype-using guild is a filthy casual one ;)

Nice read, cheered up my morning! :D

Cheers.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Opps, wrong button.
    Opps, wrong button.

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

This article made me lol

I don't raid bro I'm a filty casual

1v1 me newb

:P

Write more articles like this.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Hahn this thread is just for Lolz. But yeah I kinda agree with the pvp point. People boast how pvp is always different and that pve is easymode cause it's scripted. Well pvp is extremely repetitive too. It doesn't require that Much more skill either :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Hahn this thread is just for Lolz. But yeah I kinda agree with the pvp point. People boast how pvp is always different and that pve is easymode cause it's scripted. Well pvp is extremely repetitive too. It doesn't require that Much more skill either :D

Play Eve Online and then come back and say that.

As for this article I seriously hope its a joke seeing how they have just insulted just over 3/4 of the mmo population. Hardcore raiders and pvp'ers are in the minority in most mmo games.

I subscribe to the news letter for gaming news if this is the kind of dribble I can expect I will be taking my leave.

• Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Now we just need a game that's worth playing more than casually and we'll be set.  P.S. How do you youtube a fight you're trying to get world first for? Freaking casuals.
  • gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Some of these I'd say are funny, some are odd to be honest.

Yes, some content is not experienced by everyone...what's so special about that? Do you mean to say that in every OTHER (non-MMO) game that you play.... you go and discover eeeeeverything? but then in MMOs you get lazy and don't "raid to see the content"? Makes no sense afaik..

And guild applications are there for a reason. Hardcore players spend time and money on MMOs...lots of it. When joining their group you are using up their time, money and effort...YES, JUST like a job. It's their choice to play the game that way, and I know hardcore players who have gotten sweet promotions BECAUSE they were successful in MMOs. You fill in applications even for crappy jobs, don't see why you wouldn't do so for top guilds.

The ask for help, forced raiding, etc. were all spot on tho heh.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

I am sorry OP but it's people like you that give gamers a bad name. Please  let me know what ONE mmo you are playing so I can avoid it like the plague.

The sad thing is you think your an elite player you have no clue. Maybe it's just your attitude but I think you need to learn humility.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by GameByNight
    xAPOCx? You missed the point entirely. Thankfully, you did make clear the difference between satire and trolling. You are what not to do.

Was just issued a warning for my "satire" response to your "satire" thread. Not for trolling but for flaming LOL. Bunch of fucking hypocrites around here.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Is the satire aimed at all of the users of this site who have received bans for equally satirical observations? 

I mean it is an entertaining read but it does stick in the throat a little.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

I am assuming the article was meant to be tongue in cheek. For me it was kind of sad. For two years both my sons exhibited the raid behavior. Thankfully for our sanity and their futures they broke out of it and went pvp and then out of mmos.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Ceryshen
    I don't understand why people are offended by this article.
    Even though it is satirical, I get the feeling it is hitting too close to home for people...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ErapturaEraptura Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I am ashamed that I am one of those casual gamers. I'm in every beta test, I try everyhting new, but you never heard of 

The Sunk Cost Fallacy

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/03/25/the-sunk-cost-fallacy/

and there is the external link about it. I just enjoying games not losing time on them.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am shocked at the replies in this thread. Are you people completely devoid of a sense of humour? This was supposed to be a joke but here we have so many butthurt people posting ridiculous responses. It's quite amusing!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ErapturaEraptura Member UncommonPosts: 10
    It just crushed our feelings. Nothing personal.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    1337 p14y3rs d0nt l00k @ n00bt00b. Filthy casuals do

13375 d0n7 741k 1ik3 7h4t.

No, seriously, for real. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Seriously though, the difference between trolling and satire is intent. 

Yeah? Because I can't actually remember the last time a mod here asked me about my intent before suspending or whatever for alleged trolling.... If they had I would have happily told them I was being 'satirical'.

I am so happy this is now MMORPG.com policy, it is a fantastic step forward that we are now going to enter discussions regarding intent before action is taken!

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Yeah? Because I can't actually remember the last time a mod here asked me about my intent before suspending or whatever for alleged trolling.... If they had I would have happily told them I was being 'satirical'.

I am so happy this is now MMORPG.com policy, it is a fantastic step forward that we are now going to enter discussions regarding intent before action is taken!

+1 for MMORPGS hypocrisy.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

I love these arguments. It's like I'm talking to my 5 year-old. Here, I'll settle this the same way. 

Yes, Mom and Dad do stay up later than you. Yes, your older brothers do stay up later than you. Why? Because that's what we said. Oh, you don't like it? Too bad, that's our rules and we can change your bedtime to 7:30 if you don't like it. What? That's not fair? Too bad, it's not a democracy. If you're not happy then get out of my house and go get a job. Oh, and while we're at it, yes, Mom and Dad do keep all the best treats for ourselves, once you go to bed, yes we did eat most of your Halloween candy and, yes, we did break your car with the siren on it on purpose. That's just how we roll!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    The day you show me a guild application that actually improves the quality of the guild in the game ill agree with that point.  Successful guilds are made by having people who are good at the game and committed to it first and foremost.  Having a bunch of fun cool people around lets you get by for the first 6 weeks after launch and then collapse as all the hardcore people who got to max level and now are trying to get geared make guilds.  The only kinda of guild restrictions I've seen actualy improve a guild are voice chat restrictions and for pvp guilds rating restrictions.  Making me fill out those bullshit applications about my favorite pass times is about as useful as nipples on a breast plate.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

I love these arguments. It's like I'm talking to my 5 year-old... /yadyadeya

Hey man, I was just being satirical :(