Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfering characters

Is it possible to transfer characters betwean the US version of the game and the EU version? Thinking of starting on the Eu servers since the time difference is getting a bit annoying. I am up and no one else is essentialy image Or do I have to buy an EU version of the game just to be able to play?

Comments

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

simple answer: no, a transfer is not possible

short explaination: EU DAoC is hosted by a different company (GoA, France)

• KendouyKendouy Member Posts: 21

Aye, I know about that, and thought that one could possibly do it by paying a small amount but I guess not. If I change servers I need to buy the game all over again and grind myself up to lvl 41 I guess image

Too bad though, don't know if I am willing to spend all that time and money on it, and it's getting really frustrating to be one of the few on when I actually can be on.

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

The Box isnt too expensive, actually. My local EBgames store just had a sell-out of older games - including DAoC incl Catacombs - for 10 Euro / Game.
    You wont be needing the DR stuff until lvl 50 anyway, so its certainly woth a try. Also you can still take advantage of the "classic" hype in EU - the servers were opened somewhere in december so there is a good chance that you will still find groups on lower levels.

• KendouyKendouy Member Posts: 21
    Actually the money ain't that big of a deal for me, its the time I have spent making my character on the Gareth US server. Now I will have to do all of that all over again just to get to the same point that I was before, wich kind of sucks bigtime image