Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender lock still on or dropped ?

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

As I said earlier in the thread, I dont really care if it ends up being completely gender locked or not since it kinda ties into most middle aged lore where men had certain jobs and women had other jobs. Now I'm really hoping its not age locked though because to me that seems completely retarded, if you want to go to lore it is always possible to have young individuals being superior to older ones because they were naturally gifted. For other aspects of the game, the character customization is simply amazing given to how much detail you could change and that was based off of one of the closed betas, so its bound to have gotten even better.

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Amate

Originally posted by VveV

The reason I linked the seamless world video was just because a seamless world is one aspect that people look for in a sandbox.

When they state RvR they mean FvF, as they meant with games like Aion and so forth. Also GvG is just more organized than RvR anyway.

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

~George Santayana

I know exactly what they mean with RvR, I read korean and have played betas. Doesn't change anything I have said. Are you gonna try to tell me Aion is a sandbox game too?

Call it FvF or RvR, factions are still a limitation to players interactions, and the mark of a theme park. Coupled to the fact that Bless has a linear progression, with quests, and no other interactions with the game world or social interactions. All the content you have is quest, instances or sieges. And sieges wasn't even in CBT1.

Meanwhile BDO has fishing, taming, breeding, milking, housing, advanced craft, advanced trading with localised resources and auction houses, open PvP with a karma system, NPC relationship system where you can befriend NPC for benefits, a knowledge system where you can gather knowledge about the game in a wiki menu, castle siege, and much much more....

So please...

Amate, I think you gotta just ignore VveV because he (or she) is leading you off-topic. If people stop responding to VveV, then he (she?) would have no choice but to either-

1) Spamming random Bless love/Black Desert hate and risk looking like a complete idiot.

2) Go back to the Bless Forums and actually talk bout it there, like how it's supposed to be.

3) Create a thread here comparing Black Desert and Bless like M4ko did with BD and ArcheAge. I actually like this idea the most and would participate.

Originally posted by Albatroes

As I said earlier in the thread, I dont really care if it ends up being completely gender locked or not since it kinda ties into most middle aged lore where men had certain jobs and women had other jobs. Now I'm really hoping its not age locked though because to me that seems completely retarded, if you want to go to lore it is always possible to have young individuals being superior to older ones because they were naturally gifted. For other aspects of the game, the character customization is simply amazing given to how much detail you could change and that was based off of one of the closed betas, so its bound to have gotten even better.

I also hope the Wizard isn't age-locked. I know for a fact that at least the Warrior and the Sorceress can be made old (they still have bodies of Greek Gods though), so I don't see why the reverse wouldn't hold for the Wizard. If this is true, it would be the first time a Pearl Abyss decision will make me say "That's idiotic." And again, this supposed age-lock wouldn't even affect me. It's just an objective analysis of PA's decisions.
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

Why is gender lock such a big deal for you guys? It adds some depth to class system, yet so few cons.

If you want to play female Wiz, you play Sorc, and other way around. I really dont see the problem.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by zzax

Why is gender lock such a big deal for you guys? It adds some depth to class system, yet so few cons.

If you want to play female Wiz, you play Sorc, and other way around. I really dont see the problem.

If the Wizard and Sorc played similar, even with different animations, its would be fine. Because they Do not, it is two completely different classes. I was thinking about it and BDO is really just a Vindictus 2.0 looking at it now.

Witty & Wicked >:)

The reason I linked the seamless world video was just because a seamless world is one aspect that people look for in a sandbox.

When they state RvR they mean FvF, as they meant with games like Aion and so forth. Also GvG is just more organized than RvR anyway.

~George Santayana

I know exactly what they mean with RvR, I read korean and have played betas. Doesn't change anything I have said. Are you gonna try to tell me Aion is a sandbox game too?

Call it FvF or RvR, factions are still a limitation to players interactions, and the mark of a theme park. Coupled to the fact that Bless has a linear progression, with quests, and no other interactions with the game world or social interactions. All the content you have is quest, instances or sieges. And sieges wasn't even in CBT1.

Meanwhile BDO has fishing, taming, breeding, milking, housing, advanced craft, advanced trading with localised resources and auction houses, open PvP with a karma system, NPC relationship system where you can befriend NPC for benefits, a knowledge system where you can gather knowledge about the game in a wiki menu, castle siege, and much much more....

So please...

You tried to make the game seem nothing but instanced, what I said/and posted proves it not. And when did any one say Aion was a sandbox i was correcting your wrong information lol.

Lol um Archeage has fractions and it is most def a sandbox, so try again with that point. Moving on with Bless story they have already stated the players choices influence the world around so much it determines how you fight, if you fight at all, in the war. Bless has already stated it is going to have open world pvp and even inter fraction pvp.

Bless has everything you stated except housing, the dumb one sided karma system and localized resources. With how good teh bless devs are with consumer housing is a very likely thing. The other 2 systems, esp in BDO are very lacking. the karma system is sided against anyone who wants to do pk and localized resources  are just a lil treat.

I got them links as well just ask for them and i shall post ;]

Next....

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

You tried to make the game seem nothing but instanced, what I said/and posted proves it not. And when did any one say Aion was a sandbox i was correcting your wrong information lol.

Lol um Archeage has fractions and it is most def a sandbox, so try again with that point. Moving on with Bless story they have already stated the players choices influence the world around so much it determines how you fight, if you fight at all, in the war. Bless has already stated it is going to have open world pvp and even inter fraction pvp.

Bless has everything you stated except housing, the dumb one sided karma system and localized resources. With how good teh bless devs are with consumer housing is a very likely thing. The other 2 systems, esp in BDO are very lacking. the karma system is sided against anyone who wants to do pk and localized resources  are just a lil treat.

Next....

You are making shit up. You didn't correct anything, you were being nitpicky about the word RvR, when it means the same thing as FvF, simply to distract the attention away from your own fallacy.

Archeage is not a pure sandbox. Jake Song, who made the game, calls it a sandpark. Are you gonna pretend you know better than the creator of Archeage himself? But then again you have time and time again proven you don't even know what sandbox means so i shouldn't be surprised.

And they have stated no such thing about Intra faction PvP. What they stated is that there will be competition between guilds of the same faction to know who gets the castles first. But nothing about actual guild wars.

It doesn't. So I challenge you to give any links. It has none of these features. The only thing it had in CBT1 was quests and PvE instances. So stop making a fool of yourself.

Here is my youtube channel with BDO content: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmaeGames/videos . I have several videos guides explaining the game features in detail, such as crafting/NPC relationship/trading. I challenge you to find features in Bless with remotely as much depth.

Next troll.

Next....

You are making shit up. You didn't correct anything, you were being nitpicky about the word RvR, when it means the same thing as FvF, simply to distract the attention away from your own fallacy.

Archeage is not a pure sandbox. Jake Song, who made the game, calls it a sandpark. Are you gonna pretend you know better than the creator of Archeage himself? But then again you have time and time again proven you don't even know what sandbox means so i shouldn't be surprised.

And they have stated no such thing about Intra faction PvP. What they stated is that there will be competition between guilds of the same faction to know who gets the castles first. But nothing about actual guild wars.

It doesn't. So I challenge you to give any links. It has none of these features. The only thing it had in CBT1 was quests and PvE instances. So stop making a fool of yourself.

Here is my youtube channel with BDO content: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmaeGames/videos . I have several videos guides explaining the game features in detail, such as crafting/NPC relationship/trading. I challenge you to find features in Bless with remotely as much depth.

Next troll.

Players confuse RvR for Sever vs Server, plain and simple. If being "nitpicky" means correcting a lesser's wrong information then I guess I'm nitpicky.

When you look up ArcheAge it says "ultimate fantasy sandbox MMO from Trion Worlds". When Trion changes the description of their product then i will change my thoughts on what kind of game it is. Are you saying tell me Trion worlds doesn't know how to title their own game. If Xl Games had any issues with the game being know as a sandbox they would've change that by now. As you proved, you somehow don't understand simple concepts but I wont be spending my time explaining such things to a lesser.

Age of Wushu said the same thing about their school system,but they most def had pk and  pvp for school related events or areas. 

BDO still as not made Wizard, Blader,Tamer or Valkyrie playable during its cbts. With this , why do you act as if it is uncommon to limit cbts when your Clone World the MMORPG has done the same?. In the first cbt for Bless you could only play 3 of the 10 races ( BDO only has 3), and 3 out of its 8 classes ( BDO's classes are Race, Age and Gender locked). So educate yourself on a topic before you discuss it.

Bless has more mounts ( BDO only has horses) and even pets ( which BDO has none of, besides tamers 1 pet that all tamers will get >.>) that are tamable. Just the fact that a player can actually make their Own character is another thing it has over BDO.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2014-02-20/bless-monsters-and-mount.shtml

http://2p.com/4321496_1/BLESS-Mounts-Preview-Ride-A-Giant-to-Fight-by-isabella.htm

Bless will have more In-depth sieges

http://2p.com/4348907_1/Multidimensional-Battlefield-Explore-BLESS-Onlines-Siege-War-Details-by-Natalie-Kuhn.htm 

More?

To say/act that BDO is not extremely limiting is nothing but a fanboish illusion

I see you picked up my highlighting method. Good. Not if only BDO could pick up some of its lack....

Extra: Link below shows the Pot dependence BDO is going to have.  Instead of relying on skill it will be who has more/better pots esp in random world fights.

Bless will not have health potions

http://2p.com/5133425_1/Bless-Online--No-Health-Pots-by-Aspenach.htm

Next lesser.

Originally posted by Blaedus

~George Santayana

So please...

Amate, I think you gotta just ignore VveV because he (or she) is leading you off-topic. If people stop responding to VveV, then he (she?) would have no choice but to either- 1) Spamming random Bless love/Black Desert hate and risk looking like a complete idiot. 2) Go back to the Bless Forums and actually talk bout it there, like how it's supposed to be. 3) Create a thread here comparing Black Desert and Bless like M4ko did with BD and ArcheAge. I actually like this idea the most and would participate.

I also hope the Wizard isn't age-locked. I know for a fact that at least the Warrior and the Sorceress can be made old (they still have bodies of Greek Gods though), so I don't see why the reverse wouldn't hold for the Wizard. If this is true, it would be the first time a Pearl Abyss decision will make me say "That's idiotic." And again, this supposed age-lock wouldn't even affect me. It's just an objective analysis of PA's decisions.

I enjoyed your post good sir

Indeed it is 

http://2p.com/511c936561fcf3436f8de66b_1/Black-Desert-Shared-More-Details-about-New-Class-Wizard.htm

So VveV you put a bunch of links about mounts (that may be added in the future by the way, they weren't in CBT1). Where are the sandbox features you said Bless had? Where are all the economic features like advanced craft and advanced trade, where are the advanced social interaction features that you said Bless also had?

Oh wait you were lying? They don't actually exist? I see, i see. Makes sense.

And how do you know Bless has better sieges when those weren't playable in CBT1? Are you getting paid by Pmang to be a full fanboy or are you doing it for free.

So VveV you put a bunch of links about mounts (that may be added in the future by the way, they weren't in CBT1). Where are the sandbox features you said Bless had? Where are all the economic features like advanced craft and advanced trade, where are the advanced social interaction features that you said Bless also had?

Oh wait you were lying? They don't actually exist? I see, i see. Makes sense.

And how do you know Bless has better sieges when those weren't playable in CBT1? Are you getting paid by Pmang to be a full fanboy or are you doing it for free.

Lol I never stated that those were in cbt, the purpose was to show Bless has more mounts than BDO. Those mounts are already in game,its not a "may", going off that logic that means that BDO only has 4 classes  that a player can pick because thats all thats in the its cbt.

"At ChangYou New Game Summit 2014, 17173 had an interview with Bless Online's producer Han Jaega. According to Han. The core feature of Bless Online is realm vs. realm combat. The strongholds in Bless Online world are interactive with players. When a player reached a certain level, he or she will affect the level and status of the stronghold and the rewards and buff he or she receives from the stronghold will change too."

In MMORPG.Com interview with Jacob Han. They briefly describe the Pvp setup. Considering the info Jacob Han has provided, it would seem Pvp is basically a result of a players actions to NPCs. "As you progress in the game, you will encounter characters, either playable or non-playable, of different races from the opposing realm. You will be interacting with NPCs that are inherently a part of BLESS’ world, not just systematic quest givers. You will build your relationship with these NPCs and gradually foster attachments to individuals from across the realm."
    He also mentions players can be "Neutral". 

"You may become a valiant commander that rides at the forefront of a hundred-person army, or an assassin on a stealth mission targeting a high-class noble.If you would like to play a more neutral role, you may become a mercenary for hire, or you could choose to ignore the war entirely and become a pacifist.Overall, PvP will be closely tied to how players progress through the story and through the game."

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7001/page/1";

Proved wrong now trying to grab at air. As excepted of a lesser.

The post I provided has the details that will be going on in the sieges. Just from that description that is way more than BDO is doing with theirs and there is game-play (of BDO) that shows people mindlessly running around fighting with no real purpose in its sieges. They also stated you will be able to siege castles from air, land or sea depending where the castle is at. Does BDO offer that? yea didn't think so.

I suggest you up your game if your going to try discussing something with a superior.

You are talking about yourself right? Because I linked you a channel full of videos showing advanced features already in game and working, explained in detail, and all you give is some empty promises from interviews. Where are your links with features? Where is your actual content?

Can you up your game and show how Bless is a a sandbox game, as you claim it to be. Nothing you quote so far shows it. In fact I can link you the actual official website guide section of Bless right here: http://bless.pmang.com/?mKey=1&sKey=2

Now you don't seem very smart so you probably can't read korean, but if you manage to google translate, you will see that Bless is in no way a sandbox. Look carefully at the features. But keep trying to demean me to save your face for lack of actual facts, it's entertaining.

You are talking about yourself right? Because I linked you a channel full of videos showing advanced features already in game and working, explained in detail, and all you give is some empty promises from interviews. Where are your links with features? Where is your actual content?

Can you up your game and show how Bless is a a sandbox game, as you claim it to be. Nothing you quote so far shows it. In fact I can link you the actual official website guide section of Bless right here: http://bless.pmang.com/?mKey=1&sKey=2

Now you don't seem very smart so you probably can't read korean, but if you manage to google translate, you will see that Bless is in no way a sandbox. Look carefully at the features. But keep trying to demean me to save your face for lack of actual facts, it's entertaining.

Ignores all the links and information that I provided then tries to act like you even have any ground to stand on anymore lol by quoting 1 thing. If this is your game "up" then you really have hit the lesser ceiling.

So then your saying BDO isn't going to be Clone World the MMORPG? With all of its restrictions on the players character? yea no.The link that i provided shows that all the game is going to be is who has more pots to get off faster. Thats some in-depth system game mechanics right there. #PopthemPotionstheMMORPG

Also a video of BDOs basic and lacking siege game-play:

BDO's siege system is so lacking that all players do is run in shoot a few things and get to the capture the center >.>. ESO's sieges were better than that so if Eso tanked like it did with such a system, I highly doubt BDO will do any better. Esp with how buggy the game is, ouch. #ZergFesttheMMORPG  #lagmuch?

I have been to that site and its not accurate ( despite ti being their offical site). If you go to one of the race pages they only show certain races as having 1-2 classes and they have already stated that is not how the class system is going to work. this just so your lack of concepts, as stated before. I would recommend classes to understand such things but you probably wouldn't be able to afford it so... thats out the window, kinda like BDO's hype with their date push back.

Also I noticed you didn't use my highlighting method after i called you out on it lol. I am pleased to know i such control over you. ;]

Throws out derogatory terms first then tries to act like the victim, OK. And I am glad that we both find this discussion entertaining.

Ignores all the links and information that I provided then tries to act like you even have any ground to stand on anymore lol by quoting 1 thing. If this is your game "up" then you really have hit the lesser ceiling.

I did not ignore. Like I said all your links are from interviews. They aren't actual informations. You haven't linked any video or screenshot or anything else backing up your infos. You only linked discussion where they say ''OH YEA MAYBE IN THE FUTURE WE WILL HAVE THIS AND THAT''. How many times have you seen a dev team add everything they talk about? Plus none of your link actually has anything to do with sandbox content.Whereas I gave you a link showing the features at work. They aren't possibilities, they are already in game and working. The dev team of BDOs also made lots of promises like naval travelling and combat. But who cares about stuff we haven't seen in action yet.

Secondly, I didn't claim BDO is perfect. It has issues like any game, and potions is one of them. Lack of class synergy being another. However, as the fanboy of Bless you are, I'm sure you know how much Bless was criticized for its combat and targetting system. As for your siege video, why are you linking siege from CBT1? Why are you not linking the ones from CBT2 where we see strategies in place with Warriors body blocking the fort entrance with their shields while rangers shoot? Could it be? Are you biased?? Oh noes.

Third, I think it's hilarious that you claim the official, I repeat THE OFFICIAL page is not accurate. So basically, you know the game better than the dev team, is that right? Maybe, just maybe, you are the one wrong and the official page is accurate, just maybe?

And lastly, you are delusional. I used your coloring scheming as a joke to mimic you, but honestly it's terrible. Hence why I stopped using it, nothing to do with whatever you said. I don't see why you would flatter your ego with that weird comment but it makes me think you have some serious issues.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    What you people keep leaving out >.>, is that the game is race locked as well >.>. BDO locks 3 core aspects that make a MMORPG which are race, gender and class >.>. That makes no freaking sense considering that  it is suppose to be a MMORPG, but it makes your character for you -_-. I and many others are not interested in just being a number in a sea of clones >.>, which will undoubtedly happen in BDO. BDO's design is very lazy, as someone stated earlier. BDO should be taking tips form BLESS tbh >........> now that is a true MMORPG. 

Of course it makes sense.

Heck, Lineage 2 has race locked classes. I believe Dark Age of Camelot does as well.

The idea is that one particular race/culture has developed its own fighting style/weapons/etc.

Gender lock also makes sense as long as it's tied to lore. Of course, as some have said "amazons".

Sounds to me that you are part of the "its' an rpg therefore that means doing whatever I want" group. As opposed to "its' an rpg and my 'character' will find its way based upon the rule set of the game/world" group.

Just because a game is a role playing game (whether it's massive or otherwise) doesn't mean it can't make hard and fast choices regarding its world and lore. My guess is that making such choices makes the world richer. 

Now, that is a different thing from people not wanting to play a certain gender. Though I don't particularly care because I dont' see myself as the character I am playing, other people very much tie their identity with their character and it's not part of who they are to play something that doesn't tie into that identity.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

I did not ignore. Like I said all your links are from interviews. They aren't actual informations. You haven't linked any video or screenshot or anything else backing up your infos. You only linked discussion where they say ''OH YEA MAYBE IN THE FUTURE WE WILL HAVE THIS AND THAT''. How many times have you seen a dev team add everything they talk about? Plus none of your link actually has anything to do with sandbox content.Whereas I gave you a link showing the features at work. They aren't possibilities, they are already in game and working. The dev team of BDOs also made lots of promises like naval travelling and combat. But who cares about stuff we haven't seen in action yet.

Secondly, I didn't claim BDO is perfect. It has issues like any game, and potions is one of them. Lack of class synergy being another. However, as the fanboy of Bless you are, I'm sure you know how much Bless was criticized for its combat and targetting system. As for your siege video, why are you linking siege from CBT1? Why are you not linking the ones from CBT2 where we see strategies in place with Warriors body blocking the fort entrance with their shields while rangers shoot? Could it be? Are you biased?? Oh noes.

Third, I think it's hilarious that you claim the official, I repeat THE OFFICIAL page is not accurate. So basically, you know the game better than the dev team, is that right? Maybe, just maybe, you are the one wrong and the official page is accurate, just maybe?

And lastly, you are delusional. I used your coloring scheming as a joke to mimic you, but honestly it's terrible. Hence why I stopped using it, nothing to do with whatever you said. I don't see why you would flatter your ego with that weird comment but it makes me think you have some serious issues.

yea you did >.> lol.

The mount information is all Already in game, as I have stated multiple times now, if you are to lazy to confirm your information that is not my issue. You even prev stated how, after I provideds the link that everything was just a false promise when BDO does not have all of its content in its cbts either.

0.o I typed that paragraph because i thought we were just ignoring actual information that was being presented and going on about negatives? no? o....

The fact that the video is from cbt isn't my issue. the video doesn't list or post anything such thing, and between cbt 1 and cbt2 i cant tell the difference with the lag and buggy-ness so... Also i find it funny how even the uploader considers BDO's sieges as "zergs".

If the information is correct without it being translated then so be it but with the pages translated the information showed is indeed incorrect. They already stated that. My information is impeccable tyvm :].

Am I delusional?  just thought I was superior? yes? ok good XD. You trying to Act like me calling you our on it didn't affect you is just a act, I am going to have to ask you to leave the acting to the actors please.

Originally posted by Sovrath
    What you people keep leaving out >.>, is that the game is race locked as well >.>. BDO locks 3 core aspects that make a MMORPG which are race, gender and class >.>. That makes no freaking sense considering that  it is suppose to be a MMORPG, but it makes your character for you -_-. I and many others are not interested in just being a number in a sea of clones >.>, which will undoubtedly happen in BDO. BDO's design is very lazy, as someone stated earlier. BDO should be taking tips form BLESS tbh >........> now that is a true MMORPG. 

Heck, Lineage 2 has race locked classes. I believe Dark Age of Camelot does as well.

The idea is that one particular race/culture has developed its own fighting style/weapons/etc.

Gender lock also makes sense as long as it's tied to lore. Of course, as some have said "amazons".

Sounds to me that you are part of the "its' an rpg therefore that means doing whatever I want" group. As opposed to "its' an rpg and my 'character' will find its way based upon the rule set of the game/world" group.

Just because a game is a role playing game (whether it's massive or otherwise) doesn't mean it can't make hard and fast choices regarding its world and lore. My guess is that making such choices makes the world richer. 

Now, that is a different thing from people not wanting to play a certain gender. Though I don't particularly care because I dont' see myself as the character I am playing, other people very much tie their identity with their character and it's not part of who they are to play something that doesn't tie into that identity.

Yea i agree with you to a extent.

When it comes to your point about race lock, yea race lock is completely fine. However, when you lock a race to one class then that is being a bit to restrictive esp in a MMORPG that only has Three races lol. BDO does this not once but twice with the Ranger class and Giant. While i agree about your point of certain restrictions being in lore, that perfectly fine. In BDO however they most def could have had elfs become sorcs, Wizards, Wariors, Tamer etc but they cant. Out of all their lore i don't see one reason for not allowing such a thing. Because of its restrictions, esp with age lock, you get clones. In a MMORPG most people def like to feel like a individual instead of just a number. If it were the other way around you would have games like Marvel Heros being more successful.

While a games aspects can make it richer, I don't see how making a person character for them is very RPGish tbh. At that point the game is just Vindictus 2.0 with a few better features.

when it comes to your point about race lock, yea race lock is completely fine. However, when you lock a race to one class then that is being a bit to restrictive esp in a MMORPG. BDO does this not once but twice with the Ranger class and Giant. While i agree about your point of certain restrictions being in lore, that perfectly fine. In BDO however they most def could have had elfs become sorcs, Wizards, Wariors, Tamer etc but they cant. out of all their lore i don't see on reason for not allowing such a thing. 

While a games aspects can make it richer, i don't see making a person character for them is very RPGish tbh. At that point the game is just Vindictus 2.0 with a few better features.

Well, let's work it through ...

Maybe in this particular lore elves can't work magic as they are anti magic. Sort of like dwarves are sometimes depicted in certain fantasy worlds.

Or maybe they are closely tied to magic so that they have long life and certain abilities but because of this there is no way they can "work" magic. like being "too close to the subject" so to speak.

As far as warriors (and I'm taking this from you example, I don't really know what is broken down into "what") maybe elves aren't good with close quarter combat. Maybe it doesn't make sense as they are light and thin compared to the heavier races. So instead they developed ranged combat which makes more sense for them.

Now one could say "well, they could develop a quick, nimble close quarter combat, but maybe with all the warriors clad in plate mail that doesn't make sense. Or maybe the developers had the idea that each race was closely tied into a fighting style (like Lineage 2) and they excel at that. They "could" do something else (story wise not game wise) but why pick something they aren't good in when they can pick what they are made for?

And that's my point, if a reasonable explanation can be worked into the story/world/lore then it can make sense.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

The mount information is all Already in game, as I have stated multiple times now, if you are to lazy to confirm your information that is not my issue. You even prev stated how, after I provideds the link that everything was just a false promise when BDO does not have all of its content in its cbts either.

So is the multiple mounts feature your sandbox content? Because I have seen plenty of theme parks with mounts.

In BDO you can tame wild mounts, teach them new skills, and have them breed to sell them to other players. Every feature of BDO I have mentioned here is ALREADY in the CBTs. I have said this in the previous post already, I get the feeling you can't read.

Every single feature I have mentioned is already in the game, and has been tested by CBT testers. They are not hypothetical additions. There is videos and screenshots to prove it. Something you can't provide for Bless because it doesn't exist.

''The fact that the video is from cbt isn't my issue. the video doesn't list or post anything such thing, and between cbt 1 and cbt2 i cant tell the difference with the lag and buggy-ness so... Also i find it funny how even the uploader considers BDO's sieges as "zergs".''

Oh ok, so we gonna ignore any improvement made between CBTs, is that how you approach objectivity? In fact the video did list it was recorded during CBT1, if you had watched the first seconds of the intro. But I guess you didn't even watch the video. Sieges were smooth in CBT2, as long as you didn't play on a potato. Why don't you link videos of Steparu from CBT2? Is it because it proves you wrong?

''just thought I was superior?''

Oh yes, you are indeed superior at lying and covering things. I'm no match for you.

when it comes to your point about race lock, yea race lock is completely fine. However, when you lock a race to one class then that is being a bit to restrictive esp in a MMORPG. BDO does this not once but twice with the Ranger class and Giant. While i agree about your point of certain restrictions being in lore, that perfectly fine. In BDO however they most def could have had elfs become sorcs, Wizards, Wariors, Tamer etc but they cant. out of all their lore i don't see on reason for not allowing such a thing. 

While a games aspects can make it richer, i don't see making a person character for them is very RPGish tbh. At that point the game is just Vindictus 2.0 with a few better features.

Well, let's work it through ...

Maybe in this particular lore elves can't work magic as they are anti magic. Sort of like dwarves are sometimes depicted in certain fantasy worlds.

Or maybe they are closely tied to magic so that they have long life and certain abilities but because of this there is no way they can "work" magic. like being "too close to the subject" so to speak.

As far as warriors (and I'm taking this from you example, I don't really know what is broken down into "what") maybe elves aren't into close quarter combat. Maybe it doesn't make sense as they are light and thin compared to the heavier races. So instead they developed ranged combat which makes more sense for them.

And that's my point, if a reasonable explanation can be worked into the story/world/lore then it can make sense.

If it was in official lore then so be it,  but that is not the case. Even if it were it is still extremly restrictive :). My main issue is that not allowing such things and not having the offical lore for it is just sketchy and lazy design. It shows that they don't care about players truly being immersed in their world.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

Because there are no naturally gifted women?  This is blatant sexism.  I could introduce you to dozens of women whom I'd bet are stronger than most of the men on this forum.  All of them are perfectly normal looking, well mannered individuals.

And that lore you're referencing?  Don't forget about the decades of progress women and self respecting men have made proving that women can pull more than their fair share of the weight without being restricted by your stereotypes.

If it was in official lore then so be it,  but that is not the case. Even if it were it is still extremly restrictive :). My main issue is that not allowing such things and not having the offical lore for it is just sketchy and lazy design. It shows that they don't care about players truly being immersed in their world.

Well, do you know for certain it's not the case?

And it's "not" lazy design. Actually the opposite would be lazy design. Just having everyone be anything is the actual lazy way out.

Putting thought into each race and class so that each race has strengths and weaknesses shows forethought as to how these races work with and against each other during the game.

As far as players being immersed in the world, I'll refer back to my "role players who think that role play is doing whatever they want" over "role players who figure out where the "spine" of the lore is and then grow from that.

Anyone can say "oh, i'm an elf but also a warrior but also psychic and I used to be the queen of the humans because I was a shapeshifter but also one of the greatest artists ...." yadda yadda yadda.

That's just everything but the kitchen sink "design".

but giving a player various "points" (or as I indicated above "spine") where they have very distinct places for the start of their character makes the player actually think of their character, how it relates to the world. 

As I said, anyone can just glob on various attributes to their character's "life" but forcing players to actually think of their characters in relation to specific world points will yield more interesting results.

So is the multiple mounts feature your sandbox content? Because I have seen plenty of theme parks with mounts.

In BDO you can tame wild mounts, teach them new skills, and have them breed to sell them to other players. Every feature of BDO I have mentioned here is ALREADY in the CBTs. I have said this in the previous post already, I get the feeling you can't read.

Every single feature I have mentioned is already in the game, and has been tested by CBT testers. They are not hypothetical additions. There is videos and screenshots to prove it. Something you can't provide for Bless because it doesn't exist.

''The fact that the video is from cbt isn't my issue. the video doesn't list or post anything such thing, and between cbt 1 and cbt2 i cant tell the difference with the lag and buggy-ness so... Also i find it funny how even the uploader considers BDO's sieges as "zergs".''

Oh ok, so we gonna ignore any improvement made between CBTs, is that how you approach objectivity? In fact the video did list it was recorded during CBT1, if you had watched the first seconds of the intro. But I guess you didn't even watch the video. Sieges were smooth in CBT2, as long as you didn't play on a potato. Why don't you link videos of Steparu from CBT2? Is it because it proves you wrong?

''just thought I was superior?''

Oh yes, you are indeed superior at lying and covering things. I'm no match for you.

Nope.

Only thing I  see you can ride is a horse, donkey and a elephant, still not as many mount you can get in Bless. I am also not seeing anything about taming pets? comment? no? o ok. I get the feeling your barely hanging on the edge with this discussion lol.

As is everything that i have mention I have already provided links. Go look.

You talk about ignoring stuff about cbt yet act like because a cbt is restricted and doesn't show the whole product that, somehow, that "system" is not in the game, yea ok. Despite whether or not they were smooth, the games sieges are still sub-par and are not even as good as Eso's, what more do you need... 

And yea I watch steparu. Hes not my favorite though because he gets lazy with his reviews. 

I'm glad we confirmed  the already confirmed X].

I see you picked my method back up.. good pet :)

Originally posted by Dagon13

Because there are no naturally gifted women?  This is blatant sexism.  I could introduce you to dozens of women whom I'd bet are stronger than most of the men on this forum.  All of them are perfectly normal looking, well mannered individuals.

And that lore you're referencing?  Don't forget about the decades of progress women and self respecting men have made proving that women can pull more than their fair share of the weight without being restricted by your stereotypes.

^ This as well.

Well, do you know for certain it's not the case?

And it's "not" lazy design. Actually the opposite would be lazy design. Just having everyone be anything is the actual lazy way out.

Putting thought into each race and class so that each race has strengths and weaknesses shows forethought as to how these races work with and against each other during the game.

As far as players being immersed in the world, I'll refer back to my "role players who think that role play is doing whatever they want" over "role players who figure out where the "spine" of the lore is and then grow from that.

Anyone can say "oh, i'm an elf but also a warrior but also psychic and I used to be the queen of the humans because I was a shapeshifter but also one of the greatest artists ...." yadda yadda yadda.

That's just everything but the kitchen sink "design".

but giving a player various "points" (or as I indicated above "spine") where they have very distinct places for the start of their character makes the player actually think of their character, how it relates to the world. 

As I said, anyone can just glob on various attributes to their character's "life" but forcing players to actually think of their characters in relation to specific world points will yield more interesting results.

While I see your points it is very lazy considering how there is no lore behind Any of the locks. I don't see how that comes across as putting thought into character design. Its just like i said, Vindictus 2.0 with a few better features. Also as a gaming company you can def have distinct starting areas and such without being so restrictive. Bless is a example of this with its 8 races with in-depth lore and stories, all different btw, and its 10 classes. No Race or Gender and gender lock btw. 

Nope.

O rly, so where are they. Let's not forget YOU claimed Bless is a sandbox, yet you have been unable to provide a single feature that proves it. You kept going about multiples mounts like it's the ultimate sandbox feature. Been waiting for nearly 2 pages, and you keep avoiding the issue by spouting nonsense or asking me to read your links that you haven't provided.

''Only thing I  see you can ride is a horse, donkey and a elephant, still not as many mount you can get in Bless. I am also not seeing anything about taming pets? comment? no? o ok. I get the feeling your barely hanging on the edge with this discussion lol.''

Nope, there is only donkey and horse. But can you tame and breed your mounts in Bless? Why are you ignoring those features and keep going about different mount types? You prefer to have a lot of randoms mounts but no advanced features with them? And actually they are adding pets for next CBT3 in 6 days. So joke is on you.

''As is everything that i have mention I have already provided links. Go look.''

Nope you are straight up lying. Sieges weren't in CBT1, neither was this NPC thing they speak of. Find me a video or a screenshot of Bless showcasing any of these features.

''You take about ignoring stuff about cbt yet act like because a cbt is restricted and doesn't show the whole product that something not in game, yea ok. Dispite whether or not they were smooth, the games sieges are still sub-par and are not even as good as Eso's, what more do you need...''

First, I can barely understand what you say, coherent sentences please. Second, your criticism on sieges was about the performance. I proved you wrong, and now that you can't complain about it anymore they are just sub-par? For what reasons exactly? Hang in there and try to find a good reason without making a fool of yourself.

''I see you picked my method back up.. good pet :)''

I did not, you need glasses, or to go back to school and learn to read.

''While I see your points it is very lazy considering how there is no lore behind Any of the locks''

O rly? You know a lot of Valkyrie males? You are clueless.

They were posted as just one of the features that Bless has a more in-depth system of than BDO.  You said you have been waiting pages for such and such while I am still waiting for you to correct that Bless does indeed have npc interaction and taming which you said it did not.

If your reading capabilities were higher than that of a infant you would have saw, in the links I provided, that you indeed DO tame your mount AND pets. The fact that You say they are adding them means absolutely nothing, I have not seen anything posted or stated anywhere that has mention pets in BDO, so nope jokes still on ya.

Lol I never stated they were. The information is from a dev directly on what will being happening in them. A games CBT does not mean that is the full product. How are you still trying to use this as a excuse. If that was the case, as seen in that horrid BDO siege video, BDO is a clunky lag-fest with no endgame and is filled with clones.

If you are going to quote someone, do it correctly. Sheesh,I thought even people of lower status knew that. And no my criticism was about performance AND function. Thus why I brought up how it is below ESO's sieges. Nice try though. Still waiting on that correct about taming and npc interaction.

The fact that the highlights are in your post is still my method. Lessers will be lesser I suppose...

Have you not heard of cosplay.... and my statement is still correct I was referring to Offcial GAME lore which there is none.

I find it funny how I bring up Bless as a side-point and it somehow became the main topic of discussion.. just shows that haters gotta attack something because it is superior.