Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The feature pack is out. Official forums exploded a bit.

ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Yes, the reception has been mostly negative. Personally, while I can see why some of these changes were made, I think ANet just killed the leveling experience. Hopefully, they'll do something to soften the blow, but I doubt it.

On the plus side, my Mesmer works now! Her phantasms attack enemies and even iLeap - a skill that has been broken since launch - works. Mantras finally seem good, too.

I suppose I'm pleased with the changes to my lvl 80 experience, but don't think I'll be leveling any alts anytime soon. It's painful. Ironic, considering what the pack was meant to do.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    From what I understand most people are simply annoyed that it makes key farming harder.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    From what I understand most people are simply annoyed that it makes key farming harder.

Key Farming harder?  I never got any keys before this update so not sure how it could be any harder. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Well, no sane person would expect them to make the key farming easier, lol

I'd imagine ANet would be looking at ways to increase revenue, not give money away...

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Originally posted by flizzer

Key Farming harder?  I never got any keys before this update so not sure how it could be any harder. 

I guess it is they keys you get as some rewards from personal story. So if you have not done anything about the personal story you may not have gotten any keys.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I still don't like how traits are handled (from last feature pack) and the further changes to the new player experience truly make me wonder if ANet is trying to deter players from rolling alts.

Thankfully, my latest alt is level 46 so I'm passed the 'new player experience' and I am enjoying most of the quality of life enhancements on all of my chars.

Looking forward to the upcoming WvW season which will have me refocused on playing my main so I don't expect to be negatively impacted by the changes that many people are complaining about.  

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I've never key farmed, but I don't think it's much harder now.

People are mostly annoyed by the slower progression of unlocks. For example, weapon swapping is unlocked at level 15 or something like that. Elite skills are unlocked at 40. The last utility slot is unlocked at 35-ish.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    My Mesmer is a monster now.  I'm gonna have to start playing him more.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

RIP Ranger. Firing up the Mantra Cannon.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

It took me 1.5h to complete the old black lion key farm. Probably I can knock some 15-20 minutes of that if I just focus on hearts. No xp boosts used, just +10 power runes and sigil of bloodlust +sigil of speed.

Depends on how much they increased the drop chance for tickets and ticket scraps.

They also removed some of the most crappy items from the chest like the +100 luck and the skill point scroll.

Maybe another storyline is now more efficient.

I like that they went back on the idea of charging 300g per additional commander color so basically I got account bound 4 color commander for 100g.

Leveling is way faster but between these changes and previous changes (like champion removal) some of the most unique aspects of GW2 have been removed from the starter area.

Tons of people wandering around all of the human starter area though.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Arenanet's (d)evolution in development of video games:

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Arthasm

Boy, someone took about 30 seconds to come up with that clever image. I'm going to have to give it a fail for execution. 

To the OP; The new content is free. If I was paying for it I might be upset (if I disliked it all), but I'm fairly happy with it.

edit: snipped taunting image

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Boy, someone took about 30 seconds to come up with that clever image. I'm going to have to give it a fail for execution.

30 seconds? I give it 20. Much more than Anet's ideas and realisations of contents and features.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Third skill unlocks at level 35 - am I the only one who thinks this is madness?

I feel sorry for any player who may join the game fresh at this point.

Harbinger of Fools
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    How did they make lvling harder? I was thinking of getting Gw2 and trying it, but the made the new experience a lot harder?

30 seconds? I give it 20. Much more than Anet's ideas and realisations of contents and features.

Perhaps, but it would be better in the form of a discussion, rather than a taunting image.   Instead of looking for an image like you did, why not just describe what you feel in a paragraph. The OP didn't say please discuss senseless negative images of GW2.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Perhaps, but it would be better in the form of a discussion, rather than a taunting image.   Instead of looking for an image like you did, why not just describe what you feel in a paragraph. The OP didn't say please discuss senseless negative images of GW2.

Why image is taunting to you? Unless you're one of Anet devs. In the world with million MMORPG games, companies and developers, everyones trying to improve their games and starting experience. New skills, new tutorials, new quests, new armor, reduced exp, mounts... Anet just went backward. Cause, you know, you don't need 3 skill slots to 35 level. You need hours and days to learn what are 1&2. In the stalled game, when you don't have new players, those who still play when they get bored and want to roll a new character, you should make them leveling experience easy (been there, done that). [mod edit]

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Nasa
    Originally posted by flizzer

I guess it is they keys you get as some rewards from personal story. So if you have not done anything about the personal story you may not have gotten any keys.

I remember before launch during CB how plentiful key drops were. I was called a troll for telling people the drop rate will be reduced close to zero so that you have to buy them.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Gregor999Gregor999 Member Posts: 86

Your bleeding heart fanboi rage is painful to watch.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Dakeru

wtf? lmao 2 skills until level 35?! So instead of adding more which people have been asking for for ages they just gate the current ones further? geez

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Why image is taunting to you? Unless you're one of Anet devs. In the world with million MMORPG games, companies and developers, everyones trying to improve their games and starting experience. New skills, new tutorials, new quests, new armor, reduced exp, mounts... Anet just went backward. Cause, you know, you don't need 3 skill slots to 35 level. You need hours and days to learn what are 1&2. In the stalled game, when you don't have new players, those who still play when they get bored and want to roll a new character, you should make them leveling experience easy (been there, done that). Not to disable them. Unless they really making game for disabled people or - monkeys, as picture stated.

See, you formed a paragraph. Thank you.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    They absolutely ruined the game. If you start a new character, the experience is just awful now. No idea what they were thinking. I can only hope they wake up and change it back.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Dakeru

wtf? lmao 2 skills until level 35?! So instead of adding more which people have been asking for for ages they just gate the current ones further? geez

No.

It is the 3rd utility skill that unlocks at 35.

You will have the 5 weapon skills at level 10 , skill 7 at 13, skill 8 at 25 and skill 7 at 35.

You will be level 15 in around 2 hours.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    How did they make lvling harder? I was thinking of getting Gw2 and trying it, but the made the new experience a lot harder?

Actually the game is insanely easy now. You don't have to worry about thinking anymore or figuring stuff out. It's all handed to you very slowly so that one new skill you get won't blow your mind. This video kind of sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y#t=61

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Logos1326

Originally posted by Carnicide

Actually the game is insanely easy now. You don't have to worry about thinking anymore or figuring stuff out. It's all handed to you very slowly so that one new skill you get won't blow your mind. This video kind of sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y#t=61

Well hopefully you knew the vid was just a troll vid. But anyway these changes are pretty stupid and I wont be releveling till they change them.

Cow feeding (dancing, instead of food) is best QoL improvement. For few hours I thought I didn't understand joke...

http://imgur.com/a/jZO1V