Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this is what copycat vaporware looks like

Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48

here is something you can really have fun with

https://transversegame.com/about/game

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Copycat of what ? It actually looked really good. If/when it launches I'd look at picking it up.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Is the OP suggesting Transverse is copying Star Citizen?
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Pictures of ships sell well nowadays.
  • LeGrosGamerV2LeGrosGamerV2 Member Posts: 90
    Star Citizen itself is a troll title, stretch goals after stretch goals, the next stretch goal will most likely being able to see your toon use the toilet.   I've cancelled my kick starter pledge and got refunded, because this is getting ridiculous.  It makes CCP look good in a way. 
  • Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by syntax42

naaa, not at all.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    if this comes to fruition it will dwarf sc and elite,hugely ambitious,will watch this for sure.
  • Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    Oh neat another "crowd funding" cash grab to laugh at when it fails like all of the rest. You have to be a real sucker to drop hundreds of dollars on a picture of a game with no playable content and no reason to expect that the game will be any better than something you can pick up on sale on steam for 10$. People are just stupid. 
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by natpick
    if this comes to fruition it will dwarf sc and elite,hugely ambitious,will watch this for sure.

But, the company that is making it is PGI, they have a bunch of really good ideas. That's as far as PGI goes, once they have cash, the game will end up being something completely different, and not in a good way.

Good ideas, BAD execution of programming said ideas = PGI

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Well, admittedly the ships do look familiar...
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Ragnar1337
    Oh neat another "crowd funding" cash grab to laugh at when it fails like all of the rest. You have to be a real sucker to drop hundreds of dollars on a picture of a game with no playable content and no reason to expect that the game will be any better than something you can pick up on sale on steam for 10$. People are just stupid. 

fail like that rest?

I am now happy playing quite a few games that I have backed via kickstarter and they have turned out bloody good.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Karu403

naaa, not at all.

Lol, I don't know if it will be vaporware, but I think that part of what people don't understand with SC is that it's Chris Roberts. For those of us who played Wing Commander or, better yet, Privateer, or who wanted to see his vision for Freelancer executed fully, it's a pretty big deal. That doesn't necessarily mean that the market for space flight sims is as large as SC is making it seem right now. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

naaa, not at all.

Lol, I don't know if it will be vaporware, but I think that part of what people don't understand with SC is that it's Chris Roberts. For those of us who played Wing Commander or, better yet, Privateer, or who wanted to see his vision for Freelancer executed fully, it's a pretty big deal. That doesn't necessarily mean that the market for space flight sims is as large as SC is making it seem right now. 

^This

Lots of fan trust in Chris Roberts. He's open, mindful of fans and doesn't mind putting in the extra miles for his product.

Paul Inouye, Brian Ekman and Russ Bullock (PGI)? None of the above applies.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

they learn something from Chris Roberts,how get money  for hedonistic life stile &  for secure pension,from naive gamers

,brw, in theory it should to be awesome space sim MMO , but  for now they have only promises .

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

they learn something from Chris Roberts,how get money  for hedonistic life stile &  for secure pension,from naive gamers

,brw, in theory it should to be awesome space sim MMO , but  for now they have only promises .

Well apart from the part about game developers living extravagant lifestyles. I'm not even sure where this game from. At some point along the way, though, people started believing that game developers were like raging, drunk, party animals. In reality, when they're not making games lots of them....... play games. Plus they work insane hours so who the hell wants to do anything but sleep after a 12 hour day?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

here is something you can really have fun withhttps://transversegame.com/about/game  

Back to your hole you.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i am not mentioned devs.I am talk about production & management
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Agnostic42
    Originally posted by natpick

But, the company that is making it is PGI, they have a bunch of really good ideas. That's as far as PGI goes, once they have cash, the game will end up being something completely different, and not in a good way.

Good ideas, BAD execution of programming said ideas = PGI

Pretty much.  One only needs to look at the pattern of how MWO played out from when they picked the title up to launch to see where this game is headed.  These guys are not game developers they are investment seekers who are marketing the bare minimum needed to keep getting money thrown at them either via crowd funding, private investing or presales.  And even when this game does "launch" it will be so under delivered that it won't look anything like they promised before and will be little more than an attempt to continue getting funds to develop "coming soon" features.

But hey I'd be happy if they prove me wrong but I'm not throwing anymore money at this company until they can prove to me they can deliver. 

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273

Funny, this guys actually bought the license to continue the the previous game series.

I backed them with 30 bucks, looks like a decent amount for alpha access and a ship.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Copycat of what ? It actually looked really good. If/when it launches I'd look at picking it up.

While I would not say vaporware right now it sure as hell seems to have borrowed much from SC.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

These are their milestones

$500,000 / LIFTOFF

$1,000,000
    SPACESHIPS - FLIGHT

$1,500,000
    SPACESHIPS - CONSTRUCTION

$2,000,000
    SPACESHIPS - COMBAT

Just gonna let people interpret that however they will.

Also pgi got banned from reddit for grossly over-moderating r/Transverse

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Mechanism

These are their milestones

$500,000 / LIFTOFF

$1,000,000
    SPACESHIPS - FLIGHT

$1,500,000
    SPACESHIPS - CONSTRUCTION

$2,000,000
    SPACESHIPS - COMBAT

Just gonna let people interpret that however they will.

Also pgi got banned from reddit for grossly over-moderating r/Transverse

Well indeed they are not the master marketers from cig that know how to sell same thing multiple times.

I hope this guys will rework a bit the goals to make more sense.

• dudemanjacdudemanjac Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamerV2
    Star Citizen itself is a troll title, stretch goals after stretch goals, the next stretch goal will most likely being able to see your toon use the toilet.   I've cancelled my kick starter pledge and got refunded, because this is getting ridiculous.  It makes CCP look good in a way. 

Don't really know what you mean by a troll title. it continues to grow as it is supposed to. Racing and an addition ship just added. ground portion next on the list to test. What exactly were you expecting?

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Looked interesting to me. Too bad Kickstarter seems to have failed badly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To all of our backers,

It’s a bitter sweet day.  Thank you for taking a chance and showing us that you are interested in seeing our vision come to life.  As you can see, the velocity of our crowdfunding campaign never gained the momentum needed to bring Transverse to life as a community funded concept.  We are going to shut down our funding today, ahead of the 30 day deadline and begin the process of refunding as promised.

We plan to take Transverse behind the curtain for now.   One day, I hope to see you on the Fringe!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by DashiDMV
    Pictures of ships sell well nowadays.

yeah, no.

They didn´t even raise 10.000$ from the 2 million they wanted.

Campaign cancelled.

actually it had a nice game design though.

Besides there are at least two other Star Citizen copycats already asking for money.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

Besides there are at least two other Star Citizen copycats already asking for money.

Names ? Links ?

Copycat is not a bad thing in itself. These can still be great games and great fun !

Have fun