Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible change to 12HR Labor Potion Cooldown Confirmed

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

TRION Live Stream: TRION stated on their live stream just about 15 minutes ago, that they will work with XL to have Labor Potions revert back to a 12H Cooldown for launch.

No Significant change for Archeum crates, only that they are still looking into it for possible tweaks.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    i'm very tempted to play this. I have it installed already but it didn't download in time to enjoy Open Beta unfortunately. I liked what i saw on YouTube of gameplay. Looks pretty fluid. More so than ESO at least. Looks pretty solid. Since there is a cash shop i hope it at least is very similar to RIFT cash shop; not that i'll ever use it. I'll probably just subscribe. All the other games out aren't cutting it for me. I'm sub'd to ESO right now but have found it quite difficult when soloing for some reason. Fun, but... hard just not as hard as TSW solo gameplay. I prefer plalying in groups. Suggestions?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

When ever you play make sure to take a ride on the Airship.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    They should be removing them, not reducing their cooldown.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Since i play Rift, I had the option to download it. Alot of Rift players from my guild tried it out. I got 2 characters from both factions to lvl 10. I enjoyed the combat alot. Reading the quest stories was interesting. The combat is fluid and looks badass. I think its the only mmo where i could be an Archer with a bow and also use a two handed sword at the same time fluidly. No weapon button swapping at all. Champions online is the only other game. But everyone here says its a pvp gankers dream game so i probably won't play it much.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Shayyd80
    i'm very tempted to play this. I have it installed already but it didn't download in time to enjoy Open Beta unfortunately. I liked what i saw on YouTube of gameplay. Looks pretty fluid. More so than ESO at least. Looks pretty solid. Since there is a cash shop i hope it at least is very similar to RIFT cash shop; not that i'll ever use it. I'll probably just subscribe. All the other games out aren't cutting it for me. I'm sub'd to ESO right now but have found it quite difficult when soloing for some reason. Fun, but... hard just not as hard as TSW solo gameplay. I prefer plalying in groups. Suggestions?

In this game you will need to cross continents and crossing Oceans which usually means grouping to survive the PVP. At least from what I have been told it is very difficult to solo the trade packs once your tasked to go to PVP areas. 

If you subscribe you will get increased LP regen and the ability to own land/farms but quite a few people will still look to the cash shop for perks like increased X or faster X etc etc...

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Originally posted by DMKano

I'd be very skeptical of XLs willingness to revert the change as 4 hour timer is how it is currently on Korean servers - so obviously XLs preference is for a shorter timer.

If Trion can pull the revert back to 12h that means XL is willing to listen to western player feedback.

Pretty much this, if XL is expected a certain sum of money from the west and the 4H cooldown on LP pots is significant in that plan then I don't see this changing. But if it does change, that's a big step for player feedback.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I would have to agree with just removing them all together. Having increased labor for being a patron over f2p should be enough. You shouldn't add another tier of superiority, having people who buy pots and have patron being superiority to those who only pay for sub. They already added crafting mats into the CS and reduced the loot rate of said mats significantly.
  • booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Have you guys thought about how the labor potions with four hour cd could actually be used to help the f2p guys? We've made a plan in our guild to help out our f2p members buy getting them potions so they can help us out with guild projects or personal projects.

For instance:

I plan to build a cottage in a Tropical zone to grow specific plants. I would acquire the blueprint to build it. Then I post in our guild forum for work orders. "I require five people to gather enough wood to fulfill five lumber packs". If five people respond I will start each of them off with a labor pot each. After the work order is fulfilled they would get an additional Worker's Compensation pot just because.

My cottage gets built faster. There's an additional spot for my guild to rest and get extra Labor Points. There's more land my guild can use to grow things in a Tropical zone. Our f2p members looking to level up their gathering get 2k labor points for helping out.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Since i play Rift, I had the option to download it. Alot of Rift players from my guild tried it out. I got 2 characters from both factions to lvl 10. I enjoyed the combat alot. Reading the quest stories was interesting. The combat is fluid and looks badass. I think its the only mmo where i could be an Archer with a bow and also use a two handed sword at the same time fluidly. No weapon button swapping at all. Champions online is the only other game. But everyone here says its a pvp gankers dream game so i probably won't play it much.

While its true you will get ganked I doubt you will find yourself getting ganked any more than a pvp server on WoW in its Vanilla period on a decently population server  . I have been ganked a few times in it but its nothing worse than what I experienced in WoW Vanilla  . The only annoying thing is members of your own faction can do it because they want to become pirates but if they do that too early in the game without establishing their character first they will find life gets very hard as they get to maximum level . 

The ideal thing I think is to try and find a large guild with some friends . You can actually bring your closest friends into a family which is kind of like a small guild within a guild . It has its own chat channel etc . If you want something more personal that is . 

What you want to slot is shadowplay because this will allow you to stealth when you think trouble is coming . Lots of people recommend auramancy too which has a teleport for getting out  of sticky situations and I have the heard the japanese looking mount has steath capabilities too .

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Trion is in 'control' of the cash shop, but anything core-game related (like archeum drops, skill imbalances, abusal of safezones) is up to discussions with XL and those changes will take a lot longer to happen, if they ever do.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Trion is in 'control' of the cash shop, but anything core-game related (like archeum drops, skill imbalances, abusal of safezones) is up to discussions with XL and those changes will take a lot longer to happen, if they ever do.

Trion CANNOT change anything in the cash shop without XL's approval and game code changes.

Since Trion can't touch even a single character in the game code, XL is in 100% control of every actual change (which is why Trion has to submit everything to XL to get patched)

Things like cooldown timers are controlled in game code - XL has to change all of that.

Heck if a single word translation in lets say French needs to change - XL has to patch it.

Same goes with prices in the cash shop - Trion can't make those changes without XL's approval - because XL is making a profit here too - and they wouldn't want Trion to mess up their potential earnings by screwing around with cash-shop prices.

I have to agree with Kano on this one.  It's pretty much the same as how Tera is completely controlled by Blue Hole and En Masse can change very little if anything at all.

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

If folks have not checked this out, here is a nice bullet point recap of Live Stream, answering all the questions folks have been bringing up.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?38948-09.09.2014-TrionWorlds-Livestream-Recap

Thank You,

Faulkner

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Trion CANNOT change anything in the cash shop without XL's approval and game code changes.

Since Trion can't touch even a single character in the game code, XL is in 100% control of every actual change (which is why Trion has to submit everything to XL to get patched)

Things like cooldown timers are controlled in game code - XL has to change all of that.

Heck if a single word translation in lets say French needs to change - XL has to patch it.

Same goes with prices in the cash shop - Trion can't make those changes without XL's approval - because XL is making a profit here too - and they wouldn't want Trion to mess up their potential earnings by screwing around with cash-shop prices. 

Maybe you right, i dont say u are not.

But something is wrong with this relation between Trion and XLGames, in fact i dont know if Trion are not making to many excuses with XLGames saying that they cant do anything insted of facing the criticals of some users. In the end its more easy this way, right? "Sorry guys, its not our fault, its XLGames fault".

All im writing is pure speculation, i known that, but they (whoever is) remove the LP cost from quest rewards from 4th CBT to OBT, seems wasnt that hard to do it.

In the end, i think most of the things Trion agree with and then responde to critics like "we cant change nothing, all we can do is speak with XLGames", im sure they are saying the truth but only part of, im sure they agree with this changes.

Again, this is all my pure speculation.

Anyway, I have a incredible fun with AA in RU, im sure i will have here too ignoring the CS and play with AH.  image

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

I have to agree with Kano on this one.  It's pretty much the same as how Tera is completely controlled by Blue Hole and En Masse can change very little if anything at all.

Any game that has a dev+publisher relationship means that both are making a profit from sales.

The reason why BOTH companies *must* agree to all cash shop price changes is a legal one - otherwise one company could impact earnings for both companies.

Many people confuse the dev+publisher relationship between Trion and XLGames with the "normal" de+publisher relationship we are used-to, i.e. the one where the publisher provides most of the developer's funding and therefore calls all the shots.

The relationship between Trion and XL is more like that between a manufacturer and a retailer. Trion has no control over XLGames, and if they cause too much trouble, XLGames may revoke (or fail to renew) their publisher status and hand it to some other, more docile publisher.

Judging by the pace of events since the beginning of this year, XLGames are clearly not desperate to get Archeage into the western market. If they were, we'd have been playing AA six months ago. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Jabas

Maybe you right, i dont say u are not.

But something is wrong with this relation between Trion and XLGames, in fact i dont know if Trion are not making to many excuses with XLGames saying that they cant do anything insted of facing the criticals of some users. In the end its more easy this way, right? "Sorry guys, its not our fault, its XLGames fault".

All im writing is pure speculation, i known that, but they (whoever is) remove the LP cost from quest rewards from 4th CBT to OBT, seems wasnt that hard to do it.

In the end, i think most of the things Trion agree with and then responde to critics like "we cant change nothing, all we can do is speak with XLGames", im sure they are saying the truth but only part of, im sure they agree with this changes.

Again, this is all my pure speculation.

Anyway, I have a incredible fun with AA in RU, im sure i will have here too ignoring the CS and play with AH.  image

Trion probably can't even go that far. If XL does something that drags Trion's name even further down, Trion HAS to like it. They HAVE to support it openly. They don't have a say. That's the deal they made when they agreed to publish it and put their logo on it.

I'm no international trade expert, but I do know that Koreans have a different way of doing business, I'm not sure how that translates, but I imagine Trion already has to be very careful how they deal with XL....At least more than they would if it were a Western developed game.

Look what happened between SOE and Lucasfilm over SWG. 

• StranaStrana Member UncommonPosts: 38

Trion has stated many times they had full control of what goes in cash shop and what the prices are in marketplace.  They did not change the 24hr pot into a 4hr pot in the databse.  If you looked at the database sites you'd know these are 2 different pots.  They just changed the item id number in marketplace to point to the other pot.    There are dozens of different labor pots in database,  ones with no cooldowns, 1 hr, 4hr, 12 hr, 24hr. Different amounts 1000, 500, 250.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

This is a pretty standard third party publishing contract. In this case the publisher (Trion) can only pass feedback to the developer (XL) and hope for the best. They have no right or ability to modify any code. When they recieve patches, they can decide to NOT deploy them... but that is about it. There is also the issue of information about what is in the patches. They often only get partial information about what is included, and do simple sanity checks.

Third party publishing is much harder than most people believe. This is Trions first attempt at it... and I expect them to find this out the hard way. It could well be thier LAST attempt at this, and it could also have a major effect on the longevity of this game.

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    They should be removing them, not reducing their cooldown.

^This, but we all know once the cash starts flowing there is no going back.

I'll lol sadly when XL poo-poos on Trions attempt to get the CD increased. GL Trion at re-caging that beast.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Keep in mind though, everything on the cash shop is available for in-game gold if someone sells the item on the AH. And because of Apex, you can actually take in-game gold, purchase APEX, then turn the APEX in for Credits and buy the Labor Potions, and Supply crates with those store credits.

What this does it makes Gold farmers useless, because the price of Apex will generally have to meet the demand of what online gold sellers are charging.

So instead of gold-sellers skewing the balance on a game that already has a box price, charges for expansions, AND is sub required. This game is free to everyone, it really is Pay 2 Be Lazy, not Pay 2 Win and with hopefully less botting, due to the reasons I just described plus Labor, plus AH being a small fee at first for F2Pers.

I am still nervous, but I have calmed down a bit after really digging into this argument. Trion needs to tread lightly from here on though..

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by JDis25

What this does it makes Gold farmers useless, because the price of Apex will generally have to meet the demand of what online gold sellers are charging.

While I'm a huge fan of games with these systems of tradeable in-game items/benefits which match customers w/ disposable income & players w/ disposable currency, I wish XL/Trion would have stuck with an in-game item that grants Patron status time instead of this dual system of subscription and potions. 

I feel like Trion/XL would still be able to see increased revenue that an invasive cash shop brings while not making their American customers feel like they have to double-dip to compete at the highest levels (Regardless of how the situation pans out in reality. Perception is important.) Though I suppose the revenue just wouldn't be as great, when comparing an item (sub using Apex) that cost many times as much and is used many times less often than an LP pot.

That being said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the game and have gotten the founders pack. Only time will tell if the LP pot situation will be an actual problem. I really hope Trion is able to find a reasonable balance with XL and the playerbase.

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

Sorry, but it doesnt work like that. There is as many gold farmers as there was before PLEX system introduction in EVE Online (FYI: the first game with this system). They always sell for lower than the PLEX equivalent. All it does is setting a cap on gold price.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by zzax

Sorry, but it doesnt work like that. There is as many gold farmers as there was before PLEX system introduction in EVE Online (FYI: the first game with this system). They always sell for lower than the PLEX equivalent. All it does is setting a cap on gold price.

I shouldn't have said useless, "less relevant" would be a better term. With Apex as an option, it makes Goldsellers less attracted to this game than if it wasn't in the marketplace. They will always undercut it by at least a little bit to make sales, but less people are going to buy gold due to the risk / security of their account and also voiding the Terms of use if other legal means are available.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by zzax

I shouldn't have said useless, "less relevant" would be a better term. With Apex as an option, it makes Goldsellers less attracted to this game than if it wasn't in the marketplace. They will always undercut it by at least a little bit to make sales, but less people are going to buy gold due to the risk / security of their account and also voiding the Terms of use if other legal means are available.

Because buying in-game currency from a source outside game is difficult on a f2p game? Wrong. Its already like this with Rift's economy. 1k platnium is sold for less than 1k for REX, so why buy REX to sell when you get more money for less? Most people have alternating IPs anyway which makes it harder for companies to ban you. There will always be more people wanting REX/APEX than those willing to buy and sell it, thus the market needs to incline significantly for people to warrant buying it. Just because its safer to buy and sell REX/APEX doesn't mean people will do it automatically. You wont find a lot of people like myself that will throw Trion a few bills out of the years as a respect for their business model. Well used to, they lost my money once I found out they joined comcast.

• Atis-nobAtis-nob Member UncommonPosts: 98

I'd be very skeptical of XLs willingness to revert the change as 4 hour timer is how it is currently on Korean servers - so obviously XLs preference is for a shorter timer.

If Trion can pull the revert back to 12h that means XL is willing to listen to western player feedback.

How to make people accept bad news?

Make news superbad, give time to complain, change to just bad, or pretend you tried hard.

Wooo, they care about players.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    That's really good news.