Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swtor really a game? or a game store?

2»

Comments

• FeleveFeleve Member UncommonPosts: 14

don't know how to bot.

what i did on those accounts was play to about level 20 questing and pvp.

never did any GTN trading except to buy gear or mods

i just think they couldn't beleive that i would just unlock the accounts and then not sell.

so if you guys start you f2p and what to unlock the inventory and the cargo hold

you may get an e-mail like me.

anyway i still play on my main account

but mostly i play on The Secret World

and my first language is english

i have noticed that most russians can talk and even write better in english.

one of the things they teach in school is if you want to learn english you should learn another language

it will help.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Feleve

don't know how to bot.

what i did on those accounts was play to about level 20 questing and pvp.

never did any GTN trading except to buy gear or mods

i just think they couldn't beleive that i would just unlock the accounts and then not sell.

so if you guys start you f2p and what to unlock the inventory and the cargo hold

you may get an e-mail like me.

anyway i still play on my main account

but mostly i play on The Secret World

and my first language is english

i have noticed that most russians can talk and even write better in english.

one of the things they teach in school is if you want to learn english you should learn another language

it will help.

You only get banned if you breach the terms of the EULA, which in normal game play should not be possible. Perhaps that is why your arguments are not all that credible and why suspicion remains about what activities did get your accounts banned, assuming that it actually happened that is.

Telling people if you unlock cargo and inventory while F2P may get your account banned, unless backed up with some kind of evidence, is just scaremongering. image

• FeleveFeleve Member UncommonPosts: 14

Okay, 

sorry for saying anything about swtor

hope you guys continue playing and have fun.

i have stopped paying them any cash.

i know you guys think they ban the accounts correctly.

but i for one know that i was not doing anything wrong.

Maybe they got a new guy that was trying to make a name for himself and he did ban a lot of players that needed to be.

Maybe it was a computer program that they used to spot accounts that was doing wrong.

So  he/it  ban a few that didn't need to be,

I am sure there are more players that are wondering about (WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT BAN?)

and you guys talking about my bad lanuage and you can't understand what i wrote that hurts.

I paid monthly fee to them up till April of this year .  i would have continued to do so.

so they lost a paying customer, not a botter or a cheater or a spammer.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by Feleve

I liked the game swtor form beta to now.

was very happy with the game play pvp and pve.

was sub from the start lasted the exodus of the players looking for endgame content.

but what made me think of not paying their monthly fee was when they Banned

my F2P account and my Perferred account.

they said that i was using those accounts to cheat them (lot more said then that but still what they meant)

in my thoughts i see the last patched they are doing as another means for them to make more cash from sell

more items in their store.

if you want to play the game be very carefull and watch how much you spend.

down side is you may be selling your real home to buy a non existing computer generated home.

so you are upset that they banned your account for someting you may or may not have done, we will never know for sure...in all honesty I dont see how that has any bearing on if swtor is a game or a game store...Ive subbed on and off to it and while subbed its quite enjoyable, if you want to freeload in a game, there will be restrictions, its up to you to decide if the restrictions are managable to you or if its a good enough time to sub and have some unrestricted fun.

On the ban subject thou, I think its kind of on the rare side that someones account is banned for doing NOTHING, something got thier attention...Ive never had a ban in my life and ive played SCORES of MMO's over the last 13-14 years...not even close to a ban...thats my two cents on that.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    to me this thread is just someone thats butthurt that they tried to play the system, somehow, got caught, and got banned, there's no proof to make me think its anything else, its just screams suspicious.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Your story is simply very unlikely, because:

1) Those unlocks you talk about are freely available on the auction house for in-game money too. Why in the world would they ban anyone for using those unlocks?

In fact, just a few weeks ago I randomly spent about 500k on the auction house to ease the life of a random newbie I met half an hour before. He's still happily playing and so am I.

2) If you only did that, why would they speak about the sale of accounts for IRL money (which is forbidden)? Such a thing is completely unrelated to buying unlocks in game.

You do see people trying to sell accounts in general chat sometimes, but that is extremely stupid. First off: you will get banned for announcing it out loud.  Secondly, as a buyer you should never attempt to buy an account unless it's a close friend selling. It's very easy for the seller to simply request a password reset from the company. In which case you will have paid for nothing.

In conclusion (imo):

*You might want to start off playing SW:TOR with a sub, because the game will lock off a lot of things to you if you play as F2P.

*After playing for a while it's definitely possible to get all account features unlocked with in-game money. Though it's still going to be less of a hassly to sub if you're really playing a lot.

*If you're only in it for the storyline, feel free to stay on as F2P and use a few unlocks along the way.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by Horusra
    People demand free games to play, but the "people" seem to think the games are free for companies to run.

I think it's more likely that they expect someone else to pay for their fun.  How many people post here saying idiotic things like "I try to keep my cash out of my mmos".  After all, the majority of the human population is selfish, greedy, self centered morons.

Sounds about right.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Perhaps someone got a hold of his account, and spammed. Happened to me in WoW. I got my account back, though.