Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Firefall: Turning Their Fate Around

13»

Comments

• steeldragonzsteeldragonz Member UncommonPosts: 20
    right now the problem with the game is population numbers for dynamic events, that are pointless to solo, but provide the most xp and loot.  There simply arent enough people about i have tried most of today to get some events going in Sertao and in the end i have just logged off because its boring standing around waiting for people that arent coming because theres not enough of oyu to do it.
  • toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80
    Three Years In Beta™
  • ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by steeldragonz
    right now the problem with the game is population numbers for dynamic events, that are pointless to solo, but provide the most xp and loot.  There simply arent enough people about i have tried most of today to get some events going in Sertao and in the end i have just logged off because its boring standing around waiting for people that arent coming because theres not enough of oyu to do it.

I assume you are talking about the limited time toxic event.

There are so many of them around that it has nothing to do with the population. People are doing them in multiple locations at once.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Silynse the game is awesome, deal with it! I hope this isn't how you feel you're getting a 100 dollars back by posting rubbish about such an amazing game.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by steeldragonz

try this here if you haven't already

Make sure your in 'Zone' chat.

;loc (green crystal or whatever) lvl 15-16

This will usually get players around that area for assistance and will setup a way point to your location.

Most players now are creating 'Platoons' and knocking out the Events as well as the Ares missions in certain zones. Platoons are where it's at since everyone is on the same page.

I been in the other zone now (level 25+ dredge) plenty of players just plowing through the content their https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsoqoR5Npc

• MrNeoAndersonMrNeoAnderson Member Posts: 11
    nope this is not Defiance people, get the facts rights!
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

To you trolls, you know who you are. 

None of your comments reflect what FF currently is. Yep, some of it is dated but for the most part is is now a rock solid title with a tremendous room to grow. The concepts and ideas employed provide the best of two distinct worlds, MMO  and FPS. 

I spent a lot of time in New Eden over the weekend. So much to do between ARES jobs, ARES events, wondering encounters and other content. The lore and world are unique. Zones are HUGE and do have a very OPEN feel. There is good variety in Frame types. 

It's F2P so give it a shot. 

Naming people as trolls simply because they have a different opinion on the game than you do? mm! can you say irony.

I tried the game a couple of weeks ago, played for about three hours and was bored to death, uninstalled.  Guess that makes me a troll in your eyes.

• irydelgadoirydelgado Member Posts: 16
    read a lot of the games struggles early on, wow they have survived a lot of it .. now they are back and making a good impression to new players, keep it up R5
  • OzzallosOzzallos Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 35

Here. I'll take the troll tag and say the only part that this game gets right is shooting stuff. That's the only part its ever gotten right for the seven years it has existed, because lets be honest-- You have to try really hard to screw up a first person shooter. Other than that, it has been an identity crisis ADHD mess that finally settled for the most vanilla, one-dimensional role playing back end it could possibly get away with... Not because it made for a great game, but because they completely failed at everything else they tried.

I have played to the current version and aside from shooting stuff, Firefall has become a bland turd featuring the same stale advancement system found in every other hack f2p MMO. Actually, it's even worse than the average stale advancement system because you don't even have gear anymore. you have a gun you can socket and a tuxedo you can socket, all without the myriad of advancement spells and skills that sustain a long term experience in other games. That's it. And it only took them forty million dollars to get us here.

If Firefall is perceived as better or a good thing in any way, it's only because it's currently the biggest fish in a very, very small genre pond, not because it is an intrinsically great game. Once you realize you can get a better shooting experience from nearly anywhere, there's little that holds this game together and certainly not nearly enough content to sustain real interest through forty levels.

Frankly, this game doesn't deserve to succeed.

• Hood_ElyHood_Ely Member Posts: 2
    there is a lot to say about the content and entirety of Firefall sadly you cant type them all in one go but since a lot of players is already vouching for it, why dont you try downloading it and get the feel of the game. Im sure you will be hooked in no time.
  • romaguilarmelromaguilarmel Member Posts: 11
    Great read, loved how it elaborated the turnaround of the game.  This game has seen tough times but glad to see it pull through. For a free to play game, this is a kind of "as good as you can get" type of game and I have to say I do not regret my decision to play this.
  • kaceyzuarezkaceyzuarez Member Posts: 7
    i like the game's perspective when it comes to open world PVP and exploration, it is not cumbersome to play and offers great variety
  • katrjavikatrjavi Member Posts: 11
    Inspiring read, glad to see this game has made a comeback after people were counting it out from way back. When you've been down, there's nowhere to go but up!
  • lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Mitara

Been playing Firefall the last couple of weks and are having quite some fun with it. 

It isnt a game designed to last for long, but for the little while, it is fun to explore the world and try the different guns

One of the better "multiplayer" games to come out in recent years. 

I wouldnt come there with the expectations that this is a real MMORPG, because it is just a shooter.

To me, it is a better version of Wildstar, better graphics, better gameplay, more fun.

Same here, it's fun and at the very least, it's free. I've heard stories from way back but judging the game for what it is at  present, it's got me and my friends hooked. The turn around if hopefully a sign of good things to come.

• rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17
    well i will try it the 2nd time around, i was around before the last development of the game then i quitted, i will give this game another try
  • patpatrevillapatpatrevilla Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

To you trolls, you know who you are. 

None of your comments reflect what FF currently is. Yep, some of it is dated but for the most part is is now a rock solid title with a tremendous room to grow. The concepts and ideas employed provide the best of two distinct worlds, MMO  and FPS. 

I spent a lot of time in New Eden over the weekend. So much to do between ARES jobs, ARES events, wondering encounters and other content. The lore and world are unique. Zones are HUGE and do have a very OPEN feel. There is good variety in Frame types.

It's F2P so give it a shot. 

This was exactly my thought process going into this game, first of all it is F2P so no harm done. Secondly it's sci fi AND FPS. Third, although I've read a lot of bum reviews, I also read a lot of articles that mention the turn around for this game and even if I didn't experience the "before", I'm glad the "after" is doing well and good.

• lucianvenkslucianvenks Member Posts: 6
    this is a testament that the game endured so many hardships and the developers have surpassed whatever barrier that was set by the critics, now that they are back i am supporting them. go FIrefall
  • kaceyzuarezkaceyzuarez Member Posts: 7
    yey new patch on the 16th of this month, glad that R5 updates the game everytime than others!
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I'm having more fun with this than with Destiny.
  • rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17
    its always good to play a game that does not stress you when playing, i find Firefall relaxing
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by rtsanders
    its always good to play a game that does not stress you when playing, i find Firefall relaxing

Yah, now that you mention it, i've never been stressed or bored while playing, it can get so intense yet it's stress free intensity.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • alexsamsalexsams Member Posts: 3
    the game is well made in my opinion, enjoying it far .. new patch i heard?