Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$ I hope its Pay to Win $!!! woot!

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

I hope its P2W.  This would be the first AAA MMO that is P2W and sandboxy, and that is huge, has great graphics, has tons of classes, tab targeting, deep crafting system, many different ways to gain exp (crafting, gathering, grinding mobs, question) and killer PVP and a cool guild system, and housing, and farms, and in the future player created factions.

I DO NOT mind both paying for the sub AND paying a bit extra to get labor points, or a mount, or a future glowie effect should they put it in. 

Its not like if you if you pay you can actually be a 1 man zerg, you can just craft more, and level a bit faster cuz you got labor points.  But it won't make you say for example AN OVERPOWERD ESO DRAGONKNIGHT VAMP!!!! that can fend off 20-30 ppl!!! that's just bad classing FTW.  OR we can nonstop flip keeps and be emperor FTW!! woot, won't have that option either.  So in these recent sub games ppl can still game the system OR buy gold.  I do neither, so I don't mind having a cash shop and spending a few bucks on it a month in addition to the sub.

there may be a handful of oil barons who have hundreds of dollars to spend, but hell in DAOC we had that problem ppl would use buffbot accounts, or would make a macro that would let you stick 7 accounts to your main and just walk around in your own personal 8 man group.  So guess what, people use money to their advantage in life and games, EVEN WITHOUT A CASH SHOP!!!!!  You don't need a cash shop to use real cash to "cheat" or "get ahead"

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37
    TDDR
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Man_of_Leisure
    TDDR

QFT

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Although this came off as a rant, i agree. A few people willing to spend thousands on this game in the cash shop won't translate to the game compared to the $15 I am going to pay.

They may get to max first and be above average in PvP for awhile. But they will either quit or I will catch up. I am not going to say I like the LP Potions, but really it's just a boost. it's not winning forever and ever.

There will always be exploiters who play the game in a manner most gamers wouldn't even enjoy just to get to max and be the best. They will forsake race, class, play-style, content, story, etc. just to be the best there is.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

There were calculations done and basically it takes hundreds if not thousands of dollars to get BIS gear, and with it you can own just about anybody.

No, you will not "catch up eventually".  You'll never get BIS gear if you don't pay this much extra.

Not sure why you're excited to pay the equivalant of a mortgage on a house to be top level.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Originally posted by time007

Its not like if you if you pay you can actually be a 1 man zerg,

You can actually.   Sure it will take hundreads or maybe even thousands of $ (depend on how 'smart' you play and how much you play 'normally' as well)  - but you can get gear-up to be 1 man zerg machine,(1 well geared max level can kill 5-15 similarly skilled players less geared max level players easily without risk of dying yourself )  with players that pay just subsciption or subscription+few $ here and there  - won't be able to catch with you  - when they'll eventaully catch up to your gear-level  - you will be even further ahead.

Really arguing about what is 'P2W' or what is not P2W - is pointless.   In microtransaction games you can get more stuff faster if you pay - simple as that - it does not matter if you personally call it 'P2W' of not.

In AA specifically gear play a big role - and if you pay you'll be able to get this gear much faster and then another gear which will come later, and so on...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    You're barking up the wrong tree OP. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    If it's really pay to win, I should have to pay once, and then win.  Based on what people describe as pay to win, they end up paying and paying and paying and paying, where's the win?  If you have to keep paying to win, you're not winning, you're just paying.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    If you have to keep paying to win, you're not winning, you're just paying.

Having to keep paying to win is exactly what people mean when they say Pay To Win.

And "you're not winning, you're just paying" is partially why everyones' so mad about it.

If you only pay once, and everyone else only pays once (or pays the same subscription fee), that's not paying to win.  That's paying to play because you're all still on balanced ground.

But if you have to KEEP paying to win, that's when things SUCK.  Because some others will keep paying to win, and thus win over YOU (important in a competitive game like Archeage), and YOU have to keep paying if you hope to beat them in order to win.  And, as you've implied, having to keep paying to win SUCKS.

Hence why "having to keep paying to win" is exactly what people mean when they say Pay-To-Win, and thus why they hate it.

And yes, those whales that pay thousands of dollars while ALSO having at least a decent amount of play time (doesn't have to be a no-lifer, though a few of them will be) just so they can defeat 15 non-whales at once (which IS possible in Archeage) can, and WILL exist.  They exist in every game that allows P2W no matter how expensive, in my experience.  I've seen people in shovelware F2P games spend thousands upon thousands to "own" everyone else, and they'll do it in Archeage (and thus own YOU  because this is a competitive game, if you don't pay to keep up) too.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Show footage of 1 person who spent "hundreds of thousands" of dollars to buy BIS gear owning zergs of people or log off.

All this theoretical nonsense from people who clearly haven't played the game at all is quite frustrating. 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by JDis25

They may get to max first and be above average in PvP for awhile. But they will either quit or I will catch up. I am not going to say I like the LP Potions, but really it's just a boost. it's not winning forever and ever.

You don't have much experience with F2P games that offer an advantage in the cash shop, do you?

You'll never catch up if Trion has any business saavy at all because any time you even begin to catch up, they'll release a new tier of gear and a new set of cash shop boxes (or a new amount of LP required to craft that gear) and the whales will once again be ahead of you.  That's one of the most basic business strategies of making money off of whales. To always allow them to stay ahead as long as they keep spending (and they WILL keep spending, hence why that business strategy WORKS).

They probably won't quit either. Some of them will, but many whales tend to be the most dedicated players of all.  Sure, some people spend thousands into a game only to leave immediately, but the majority of people who spend thousands in a game are there to stay, because most people don't spend thousands in a game just to leave it.  ...as long as Trion is smart enough to keep letting them spend to stay ahead, at least, which, as I've stated in the prior paragraph, is a pretty basic business strategy at this point.

In a game with OPEN WORLD PVP where GEAR MATTERS A LOT, that's going to be a pretty big deal.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    If it's really pay to win, I should have to pay once, and then win.  Based on what people describe as pay to win, they end up paying and paying and paying and paying, where's the win?  If you have to keep paying to win, you're not winning, you're just paying.

Dude just because you can't do it, don't think that there are people who can't and won't.   Where's the win? Welp let's see ....They can keep doing something that you will never be able to , thus making them win that much easier. You have to remember even though there are pve activities to do, this game is mostly pvp centered. So yeah much like that rich guy that throws his money around to impress (and probably did) that girl you are with.....$$$$= win.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    If you have to keep paying to win, you're not winning, you're just paying.

Having to keep paying to win is exactly what people mean when they say Pay To Win.

And "you're not winning, you're just paying" is partially why everyones' so mad about it.

If you only pay once, and everyone else only pays once (or pays the same subscription fee), that's not paying to win.  That's paying to play because you're all still on balanced ground.

But if you have to KEEP paying to win, that's when things SUCK.  Because some others will keep paying to win, and thus win over YOU (important in a competitive game like Archeage), and YOU have to keep paying if you hope to beat them in order to win.  And, as you've implied, having to keep paying to win SUCKS.

Hence why "having to keep paying to win" is exactly what people mean when they say Pay-To-Win, and thus why they hate it.

Perhaps I was too subtle...  if it's "pay" "to" "win", that implies, pay once, win.  The phrase in and of itself is misleading.  Which is why there is always an uproar over it.  Ambiguity leads to chaos.  

If everyone pays to win, aren't you all supposed to win?  How can that be?  You can't all win.  There can only be one winner.  It's like a pyramid scheme and people are buying into it.  The only ones who are likely to see a return on their investment are those that get in on it first... and who would that be?  Why the Patrons.  They have a head start.  Whether they capitalize on their advantage or not is up to them, but statistically, they are the ones with the advantage.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    nvm
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Man_of_LeisureMan_of_Leisure Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Show footage of 1 person who spent "hundreds of thousands" of dollars to buy BIS gear owning zergs of people or log off.

All this theoretical nonsense from people who clearly haven't played the game at all is quite frustrating. 

You want videos as evidence of pay2win for a game(english version) in beta that was just declared pay2win 2 days ago? You're a funny guy.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

Thank you.  People have all these theories that are never actually true.  Or they make it overblown.  I created this thread, and should have made the title "Archeage has a sub AND cash shop.  big deal, shaddup already"

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

It sounds like its not actually pay to win .

Maybe pay to win if you are a crafter .  But if you have a crafter in your guild then what is stopping him from crafting items for you and your friends ?

But you can still level up crafter right just slower ?

Im not exactly sure yet because I haven't really researched this game as much as I should have.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by jacker1991

Here you go! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U&list=UUCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg

He said actual gameplay, not a video of a guy talking about the topic. hahah, you are hilarious,  that is just guy talking about this is again, just full blown theory on a guy's opinion. the majority of the threads for archeage on this site are mostly theorycraft. 

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191

The video was for you, not him. Nobody will be able to show the "proof" he wants if the game has not even been released in USA yet...

Not that it matters much, this game will be forgotten 1 month after release and players are done sodomising it.

• w4vew4ve Member UncommonPosts: 3

Yes.. Yes... Come on poor bastard! Come here play with me. I'll be your griefer!

Hail P2W mentality! Hail money power!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Actually the p2w set up in this game is incredibly smart.  If people will shell out $150 for a founders pack, why won't they and others pay a bunch to be a great player.   This is their thinking and while you may not agree or pay to win, you better believe plenty will gladly and happily pay the money. 
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by time007

Its not like if you if you pay you can actually be a 1 man zerg, you can just craft more, and level a bit faster cuz you got labor points.  But it won't make you say for example AN OVERPOWERD ESO DRAGONKNIGHT VAMP!!!! that can fend off 20-30 ppl!!! that's just bad classing FTW.  OR we can nonstop flip keeps and be emperor FTW!! woot, won't have that option either. 

In all fairness, the game hasn't released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people have worked out how to "fend off 20-30 ppl", or do AA's versions of "nonstop flip keeps and be emperor", but aren't sharing that trick past their circle of friends.

tab targetting

That's a positive in a game now? image

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

Pay to Win is subjective and means different things to different players.

The simple facts are:

Labor Points are a core system in ArcheAge that control how much you can do:

• the amount of things you can Craft
    • the amount of XP you can gain through crafting
    • the amount of Land you can own
    • the amount of loot you can gain (coin purses)

The current issue is that for a monthly subscriber 90% of available Labor points per day can only come through the Cash shop.

If you stay logged into the game for an entire day you character will accumulate about 2500 Labor points and can buy an additional 36000 through the cash shop.    

So what does that mean ....

• For cash you can craft almost 10x more than a regular subscriber in a single day.   You can corner the market on crafted goods and sell them at a lower price and still make a huge profit due to your 10X inventory.
    • For cash you can level your character to 50th level 10x faster than a regular subscriber through the use of your Labor points.
    • For cash you can reach the Highest tiers of Mastery in Crafting 10x faster than a regular subscriber
    • For cash you can lock down 10x the amount of land/real estate/property property compared to a regular.   This is especially concerning given the very limited amounts of area to build a House / Farm in the game world.
    • For cash you can open 10x more loot drops hoping for rare items drops / crystals.

Nobody knows exactly what the impact will be to the game due to the cash shop but we can safely say there will be an impact to regular subscribers since the Daily Max regen limit of 2500 usable Labor points doesn't apply to anyone that wants to pay more than $ 15 / month.

If you plan to compete against other players on something that use Labor points then you better have deep pockets.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by rutaq

Pay to Win is subjective and means different things to different players.

The simple facts are:

Labor Points are a core system in ArcheAge that control how much you can do:

• the amount of things you can Craft
    • the amount of XP you can gain through crafting
    • the amount of Land you can own
    • the amount of loot you can gain (coin purses)

The current issue is that for a monthly subscriber 90% of available Labor points per day can only come through the Cash shop.

If you stay logged into the game for an entire day you character will accumulate about 2500 Labor points and can buy an additional 36000 through the cash shop.    

So what does that mean ....

• For cash you can craft almost 10x more than a regular subscriber in a single day.   You can corner the market on crafted goods and sell them at a lower price and still make a huge profit due to your 10X inventory.
    • For cash you can level your character to 50th level 10x faster than a regular subscriber through the use of your Labor points.
    • For cash you can reach the Highest tiers of Mastery in Crafting 10x faster than a regular subscriber
    • For cash you can lock down 10x the amount of land/real estate/property property compared to a regular.   This is especially concerning given the very limited amounts of area to build a House / Farm in the game world.
    • For cash you can open 10x more loot drops hoping for rare items drops / crystals.

Nobody knows exactly what the impact will be to the game due to the cash shop but we can safely say there will be an impact to regular subscribers since the Daily Max regen limit of 2500 usable Labor points doesn't apply to anyone that wants to pay more than $ 15 / month.

If you plan to compete against other players on something that use Labor points then you better have deep pockets.

Pretty much spot on.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

There are two things I detest in an online game.  Cheats and companies that turn a blind to it.

I don't care if it's artificialaiming.net or the actual publisher.   I play to experience an online roleplaying game with others.  I play to experience a different world...one away from the reality of daily life.   When the guy next to me or the DM himself starts taking bribes for some fake dice rolls, it's not something I want to be a part of.

This discussion has been closed.