Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN, a polished Darkfall looking for mainstream success

2»

Comments

• InfantryonlineInfantryonline Member Posts: 113
    Next has 240 active and 240 passive abilities (12x40). Not to mention all the weapon types of the game have 4 different attacks and also have different hit targets like spears (cones) and balls and chains and all aimed with skill being rewarded. Bulwark wards all damage behind the shield and its easier when youre third person. And thats not mentioning the abilities you recieve from achievements and lore and thats not mention the "swordplay" you'll have between the design goals when you mix weapon attacks with each other or with special abilities. On paper its a behemoth. 16400 square kilometers of world potential (128km by 128km) bigger than the worlds of EQ1 and EQ2 combined. 65,000 item capacity. 40 classes. 100 developer work team, fully destructible world. Permanant change. 5 tiered underground system. ForgeLight engine... But we'll wait and see.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Infantryonline
    Next has 240 active and 240 passive abilities (12x40). Not to mention all the weapon types of the game have 4 different attacks and also have different hit targets like spears (cones) and balls and chains and all aimed with skill being rewarded. Bulwark wards all damage behind the shield and its easier when youre third person. And thats not mentioning the abilities you recieve from achievements and lore and thats not mention the "swordplay" you'll have between the design goals when you mix weapon attacks with each other or with special abilities. On paper its a behemoth. 16400 square kilometers of world potential (128km by 128km) bigger than the worlds of EQ1 and EQ2 combined. 65,000 item capacity. 40 classes. 100 developer work team, fully destructible world. Permanant change. 5 tiered underground system. ForgeLight engine... But we'll wait and see.

This sounds promising. And to be honest....the Luclin theme of the PvP video backdrop was OMG cool. However....it's all on paper until it's fully realized. I can hope.....that is all.

• InfantryonlineInfantryonline Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Karble
    Originally posted by Infantryonline

This sounds promising. And to be honest....the Luclin theme of the PvP video backdrop was OMG cool. However....it's all on paper until it's fully realized. I can hope.....that is all.

Yeah, thats what they usually say. But i haven't mention obvious limitations like the f2p model which doesn't require a selling point to market so content you will have, but it might be only content, fine with me i play games for the long run. ITs in its third iteration meaning it might be lacking overall design qualities. Its being rushed by the CEO. The CEO promised by 2015 so some things might get rushed out maybe too early. THe combat system is generally untested. The combat is guarenteed to be niche and it will stay that way since they want to reward skill. 

Overall, i still think its worth the download at the end because they are innovating with storybricks and fixing many problems that they made the genre less "fun" and daring new things like destructable worlds and importing creations from landmark.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by KalkiAvatar
    Well first of all, its alpha combat.Secondly, we don't know if EQN will be exactly like Landmark or what differences they will have.  Obviously theres going to be some differences in certain areas.But yea, I do hope the games combat is somewhat like DF1/DFUW combat instead of tab target.

They specifically stated that Landmark was going to have a stripped down version of the combat in EQN so we know that they definitely will be different. I imagine the basic idea of how it works is the same though.