Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Day Free Access to EQ Landmark

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

https://www.landmarkthegame.com/yogscast

Also http://www.gamespot.com/articles/backers-of-failed-yogventures-kickstarter-get-ever/1100-6422157/

Backers of the failed Kickstarter for Yogventures, a game from the popular YouTube channel Yogscast, have received free copies of EverQuest Next Landmark.

This is in addition to the free codes backers already received for another crafting and survival game shortly after Yogbentures was canceled, TUG, and Yogcast says that they're planning to give backers even more in the coming weeks.

Even if you weren't a Yogventures backer, you can sign up for seven days of free access to the Landmark beta through the Yogcast page on the game's website. If you'd like to keep playing once the free trial is over, you can still buy your way into the closed beta with one of Landmark's Founder's Packs.

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Well, to be fair there were a lot of keys to begin with. At some point after it started I checked and there were 11k+.

That said I'm not sure why they are doing it now. I know the first iteration of combat is in but why now wait until full mob PvE with equipment?
  • InfantryonlineInfantryonline Member Posts: 113
    Well it took 3 weeks to get 5000 beta keys out for Archeage. Maybe the site doesn't generate buzz.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

Dont mind my spam but some of this stuff is too amazing. 

Sony doesn't have to pay money to get these into EQ Next. Or any space mmo they can just import it from Landmark.

...That's essentially what being smug is. Acting like you're so blatantly right that even the thought of someone disagreeing with you is appallingly stupid and comical. you have a good chance of bullying them into believing you.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    totally have to try this! it looks super-exciti...
    If there was ONE joke to make about ADHD i think the time is nowwwwwwwwww

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Infantryonline

Dont mind my spam but some of this stuff is too amazing.

thanks for sharing the scifi style Landmark screenshots image

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Infantryonline
    Well it took 3 weeks to get 5000 beta keys out for Archeage. Maybe the site doesn't generate buzz.

20K ArcheAge keys were gone in less than 48 hours for CBT4.

All the previous beta keys were gone in less than 24 hours.

You are completely mistsken.

The reason for that is simple. You can explore but there is no danger as there is no mobs. You can craft but as a crafter you will be a little upset as the current system is a place holder for what is to come. There is no action unless you wana use the new combat system to PvP and its really buggy right now. No balance or depth. This game is alpha and there is not much to do other then build and even that is still being worked on. I am sure by the time Beta gets in full swing and they are close to open beta with tones of content to test, I am sure all the people who did not get a full time beta key will be wishing they did. 

THis wasn't the only site that had landmark beta keys i remember Gamespot and Massively and 1 other had giveaways

Originally posted by Buttski
    totally have to try this! it looks super-exciti...

Its a SOE game. Be in a constant state of dull woww...

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

I wonder exactly why SOE would offer a free 7 day trial of an alpha game to people waiting on a competitive game.  Are they trying to lure paying customers to their (incomplete, in-development) game?  Are existing Landmark players not giving SOE enough quality feedback?  Or is SOE doing something different?

Trying to lure players to a product still firmly fixed in the development process doesn't make sense to me.  At best, I could see a surge of new players flocking to the current Landmark, and having that as their first impression of the game.  Does the game in its current state offer enough content and game play to attract new players?  I would think that this would leave enough of the players that they do attract with a bad taste about the game.  I would be surprised that people would easily forget the experience of an incomplete alpha version of a game, and those disenchanted would not return in a year's time to become paying customers.  As a player acquisition strategy, this seems a bit premature with a product in an alpha release.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

I think they are just marketing the process of closed beta to increase population with founders pack people and to get people a general impression of the game meanwhile analyzing and researching what they see. Test the game to some extent. But they are seeing what new players buy in the cash shop and what they don't though i dont't think they would recieve station cash generally but they said at SOE live that 10,000 people bought at least 1 player made item in player studio. When your profits meet 40$ or more Sony cuts you a check through the mail. Usually also server population, claim upkeep stuff. just stuff.