Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blog #95: One Does Not Simply WALK Into Early Enrollment

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

One Does Not Simply WALK Into Early Enrollment

Staggered:-

The Lede(*)

We're moving the start of Early Enrollment down the timeline one week to September 22.

• Alpha 8
  • Zog
  • Start of Early Enrollment
  • Terrain (Don't break the Mike)
  • Dwarves and Elves
  • Companies and War of the Towers

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

I cannot believe that they are going to cut down and scale back what is available at Early Entry even MORE than originally believed.  They shouldn't charge a sub for this.  It's pretty sad.  I had high hopes for this game, bought a Crowdforger Buddy account and 2 addon Adventurer accounts.  Those were supposed to be for friends but after all this time GW STILL has not figured out how to allow those accounts to be traded so their intended recipients can upgrade and get in Early Enrollment.  Honestly, at this point I doubt I will even activate any of the accounts for EE.

If the game does well, 4 unused accounts with Destiny's Twin and the kickstarter reward items should be worth something...

I hope.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I cannot believe that they are going to cut down and scale back what is available at Early Entry even MORE than originally believed.  They shouldn't charge a sub for this. 

To be more accurate, they're staggering some of the things.

But otherwise I agree, they'd do better just getting up to what it should be, otherwise from a player's pov, why pay?

The only rationale I can think of is they want to get that date for their revenue generation come what may and/or they want more players on the servers to test before adding more features or irrespective of the features being ready immediately - which may end up providing more work.

But tbh, I'd delay jumping in if that's how you feel. I do agree devs need to communicate better on this. Why jump in and not wait a few more weeks? Seems a better decision to me.

• BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147

I suspect they want to add more artists and coders to the team. They have the project budgeted, and a timeline is laid out, but I suspect that since the artist charged with building the physical environment was caught sleeping on the floor of his office they decided they need to generate more revenue to hire more talent. This was probably compelled by the availability of the Emerald Spire, and the consequent need for interior environmental art which is outside the scope of what they budgeted for this early in the development cycle.

Think of it as a re-employment initiative for deserving artists and coders.

To dream, perhaps to be.