Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solo & Group Play

I haven't played DDO for several years.  I'm in the mood for a good dungeon crawler with both solo and group options.  Is DDO currently a good option?  What's a good class to start solo with?

Thanks!

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No, Do yourself a favor and go play Skyrim on steam.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    No, Do yourself a favor and go play Skyrim on steam.

I've already played Skyrim through a couple of times.  =/

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Ok for 15 bucks a month then I would suggest EQ2 for a month

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

If your looking for a F2P you are going to be very limited to what you can do with free content.  The strength is in DDOs character building and progression.  Group play I would say find a nice friendly guild to play with as pugs can be rough for a new player since you're likely going to be with veteran players who are TRing and zerg through the dungeon.

Really any class can solo as the difficulty has plummeted since its early stages where it was very hard to solo except a few builds.  But a word of advise, DON'T do an archer ranger.  Reason being is that they are majorly gimped.  Turbine in their infinite wisdom made it where if you really want to be an archer then its what is called a Moncher that is a least 6 levels of monk for 10k stars.  Paladins are getting a buff in next update and likely will be very good, chances are we're going to see nothing but Paladins practically in the next update.  If your new its going to be rough until you get to know the game and twink your toon.  In DDO while it does have its fair share of bound to character items via pickup or on equip, it also has a lot of bound to account.  Also DON'T gimp your Con, keep at least 14.

Quests can be fun and are nice if you want the D&D feel with a DM voice, traps, and some actual D&D build customization.... well as close as you can get in an MMO, still nothing like Neverwinter Nights building.

Neverwinter Online does have its content 100% free which might also be an option if you can stomach their combat style, degeneration of all things D&D, over intrusive cash shop, horrid voice acting, but it does have the Foundry which gives you endless quests to do.

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I still go play every now and then good solo but get your companion healer if you play a rogue or shield if you play healer so on. since they gave us the buy a companion option it makes solo a lot  easier.(pet companion buy group whatever they call em) It is cheap.

OK, thanks for the info.  I'd definitely sub.  Is there a good site with current build info?  Or just the main DDO forums?
    Oh for fuck's sake, you can't add DDO to an existing Turbine account.  You have to literally submit a ticket asking support to manually add the game.  I bought the $10 starter pack and my Turbine account won't accept the product key.  Are they trying to stop people from subscribing to DDO?
  • GoorlotGoorlot Newbie CommonPosts: 34
    If you're looking to solo early, then start grouping, you're going to find it difficult. Not many new players advance past level 8 or 9, which leaves you with overpowered players. Extremely overpowered players. Just warning you.

Grouping sucks later on.