Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Labor points is one of the best ideas already invented for mmos

13»

Comments

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I understand the positives of a system like this. But I'm very turned off by it. There are some days when I just wanna go on a harvesting/crafting marathon. I don't like being told I can't do that.
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by newbinator
    I understand the positives of a system like this. But I'm very turned off by it. There are some days when I just wanna go on a harvesting/crafting marathon. I don't like being told I can't do that.

and now you can do that too, you just gotta buy action points potions with $.

wait that sounds a lot like facebook zynga games. 

man and i thought allods release was bad... then trion pulls this on us a week before release, no tricks no traps ... sure :P

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by BetaBlocka

1. LP are not required for "everything" in the game.

Everything except attacking and running around.

Originally posted by Manasong

Seeing how they changed LP pots lets do som quick math.

Patron regen = 10 every 5 minutes
    1 day (if you are 24hours online) = 2,880
    1 pot (1k labor) every 4 hours for a whole day = max 6 pots per day = 6,000 extra LP

Didn't they say LP was in place because if not it would "ruin the economy"? WELL SHIT YOU JUST FUCKING PISSED ON YOUR OWN ECONOMY TRION.

It was NEVER in place to balance the economy, only the hyped fan base believed that shit. It is only there to balance Trions checkbook.

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

man and i thought allods release was bad... then trion pulls this on us a week before release, no tricks no traps ... sure :P

It is exactly like a facebook zynga game or many mobile games that restrict you by not letting you play unless you pay.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Labour Points itself is not a bad idea ,it is the introduction of labour pots in the cash shop that is the issue.
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Kangaroomouse

Originally posted by BetaBlocka

1. LP are not required for "everything" in the game.

Everything except attacking and running around.

Originally posted by Manasong

Seeing how they changed LP pots lets do som quick math.

Patron regen = 10 every 5 minutes
    1 day (if you are 24hours online) = 2,880
    1 pot (1k labor) every 4 hours for a whole day = max 6 pots per day = 6,000 extra LP

Didn't they say LP was in place because if not it would "ruin the economy"? WELL SHIT YOU JUST FUCKING PISSED ON YOUR OWN ECONOMY TRION.

It was NEVER in place to balance the economy, only the hyped fan base believed that shit. It is only there to balance Trions checkbook.

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

It is exactly like a facebook zynga game or many mobile games that restrict you by not letting you play unless you pay.

Well said! As that is exactly what this Labor Point system is.

It's exactly like the energy systems in all those so called F2P mobile and facebook games.

And EA already got slapped by the EU Commission not too long ago. Gonna be funny to see what happens to TRION when they release and advertise ArcheAge as F2P here in Europe.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

so a system that was designed for a monetization tool is a best idea? 

No.

Its probably the worst idea in a recent MMO.  There are ways of achieving the goals XL games has spun LP to be without telling crafters they have to do an activity they don't want to do or they cant play anymore.

You can still fight for 24 hours straight without fatigue so no realism.  Everything else can be done in better ways than LP, and some of it has nothing to do with LP

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

Labor points are a straight up facebook game style money grab. If it was important for realism, you wouldn't be able to chug LP pots and combat would be on a similar system.

I was a bit excited about the game, played in closed beta, ran a bit in open beta, cancelled my pre-order. I like everything else about the game, but can't get over the labor point thing. I think its going to really hurt this title.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

OP - I agree that a Labor Point system is a very good idea for multiple reasons.

However...I will not play a game that uses zero labor points for combat while using labor points for all other activities.

peroid...full stop.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by hayes303

Labor points are a straight up facebook game style money grab. If it was important for realism, you wouldn't be able to chug LP pots and combat would be on a similar system.

I was a bit excited about the game, played in closed beta, ran a bit in open beta, cancelled my pre-order. I like everything else about the game, but can't get over the labor point thing. I think its going to really hurt this title.

Sure... you played closed beta and never once noticed how LP were being used.  Never once read a gazillion threads on the topic.  Played open beta and then *poof* all of a sudden LP was an issue.  Heck, they removed the LP on quest rewards, it's actually better now than in closed beta... but no, you discovered that LP was a problem in open beta, NOT in closed beta.  Perhaps they need to revert the LP change and it will again be worthy of your money since apparently it wasn't an issue until then.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Sure... you played closed beta and never once noticed how LP were being used.  Never once read a gazillion threads on the topic.  Played open beta and then *poof* all of a sudden LP was an issue.  Heck, they removed the LP on quest rewards, it's actually better now than in closed beta... but no, you discovered that LP was a problem in open beta, NOT in closed beta.  Perhaps they need to revert the LP change and it will again be worthy of your money since apparently it wasn't an issue until then.

what the actual fuck...

so in other words for all things related to game play that has been around for decades (combat, questing) the LP use is either small or doesnt exist.

sweet jesus christ!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    ... or they could go with a decay system instead, thus letting people play HOW they want, which is the whole point of a sandbox.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    Originally posted by Pepeq

what the actual fuck...

so in other words for all things related to game play that has been around for decades (combat, questing) the LP use is either small or doesnt exist.

sweet jesus christ!

Patrons don't have to worry about LP use they get lot's .....F2p just have to learn " The best things in life aren't free"

Originally posted by Yohanu
    ... or they could go with a decay system instead, thus letting people play HOW they want, which is the whole point of a sandbox.

...they could but not everyone wanted to pay $15 per month so now we have this

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Patrons don't have to worry about LP use they get lot's .....F2p just have to learn " The best things in life aren't free"

False

Some patrons absolutely do have to worry about LP, and that's the issue.  Its fine as a wall between f2p and sub, but they should be unlimited for subs (or at the very least LP potions shouldn't exist, but LP cap is a bad mechanic either way, when someone logs off because they hit this wall and don't feel like doing combat oriented activities, there is a good chance they don't come back)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

OP ...

On paper your statements all sound great and i some what agree but here is the problem and there are two BIG problems.

1 You do NOT get to play the game the way YOU want and it is SUPPOSE to be YOUR game.

2 Their intention behind LP has NOTHING to do with any of your ideas and is ONLY there for RMT reasons.

Since Trion worked on this payment design for so long,i am all ears i am willing to listen to their reasoning and i would have to be convinced they did it for the good of the game and not selfish reasons.

That is what their community team SHOULD be doing but instead it seems with SO much internet chat on the subject they reamin silent,makes you wonder both of intentions and quality of their community staff.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by syriinx

False

Some patrons absolutely do have to worry about LP, and that's the issue.  Its fine as a wall between f2p and sub, but they should be unlimited for subs (or at the very least LP potions shouldn't exist, but LP cap is a bad mechanic either way, when someone logs off because they hit this wall and don't feel like doing combat oriented activities, there is a good chance they don't come back)

Sorry bud ,,,you're barking up the wrong tree with me , you can come with any negative scenario you want  and it might happen , hell I might win the lottery tonight and be 50 million richer or you could get hit by lightning and be a toasted critter ...but all the fear mongering and hate you can spew still doesn't change the facts that  95 % of all patrons  just won't have an issue managing LP's

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by syriinx

False

Sorry bud ,,,you're barking up the wrong tree with me , you can come with any negative scenario you want  and it might happen , hell I might win the lottery tonight and be 50 million richer or you could get hit by lightning and be a toasted critter ...but all the fear mongering and hate you can spew still doesn't change the facts that  95 % of all patrons  just won't have an issue managing LP's

Got to appreciate the 'made up' on the fly statistics to push an argument.

*thumbs up*