Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused? Is there a PVE server?

Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

I'm a bit confused. I heard AA (ArchAge) was a Open World "Gank 'em All" PVP world, but they have advertised PVP and PVE Servers. So is there a server you can do just PVE without having all your hard work trashed by someone "jist because they can"?

Comments

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Source? Last I heard -- albeit this was some months back -- Trion had no plans of different ruleset servers & far as I can tell the game is pretty much set up around faction / guild / territory control PvP; certainly the current servers in OB are not distinguished by ruleset.
  • Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    The question should be: Is there pve in Archeage?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    There is no PVE only server. PVE only would completely ruin why the game works IMO.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

No.

If u dont like PVP better look for another game.

In this u get ganked by lev50's of your OWN faction at lev30 (YEAH MAN it opens up at lev30 rotfl)

Prepare to die alot, get shot in the back by your own faction while half hp fighting a mob.

Dont go AFK in a town, your of faction will kill u if they see "AFK" above your head,

Prepare to get ganked in a zone that peacefull, since u still get owned by your own faction members (just goz they can)

I get killed about 95% of the time by my own faction members :P

Somehow i think they got the PVP RvR stuff wrong in this game.

(but i am having fun)

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This is a ganker's wet dream so be prepared.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Not that it matters as you dont lose anything in pvp if you die.. well unless you are on the trade runs i guess.
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Hmz i think everymap above 30 u can get killed by your own faction members peacetime or not :P

So good luck avoiding it.

Even think i got killed by my own faction member at peacetime in Halconia while using my WH :P

(Error 2024)

cant see if thats correct since Trionez got DDOS problems again.. :P

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by breadm1x

Hmz i think everymap above 30 u can get killed by your own faction members peacetime or not :P

I don't believe anyone at all can attack you at all during peace times.

People were very casual with trade packs during peacetime in alpha.

Btw, to the OP, I soloed to level cap in Alpha without a guild tag or stealth.  It's very doable, even overseas trade.  But certainly having friends will make things progress faster and open up new forms of play.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by dandurin

I don't believe anyone at all can attack you at all during peace times.

People were very casual with trade packs during peacetime in alpha.

Btw, to the OP, I soloed to level cap in Alpha without a guild tag or stealth.  It's very doable, even overseas trade.  But certainly having friends will make things progress faster and open up new forms of play.

I think that's right, in full peace time or in the under 30 zones you can't be attacked.

Thing I found was full peace time is not all that often, and most of the upper level map will be in some state of conflict / war at any given time.

This is not a MMO for the PVP averse. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Keep in mind there is a penalty system involved in killing your own faction so not everyone just kills you at random like the above posts suggest. In a game like this it is best to move around with friends, much less likely you'll get jumped as a group than solo. Not sure why people never figure this part out. Open PvP forces you into making friends. Get the right guild tag over your name and you are less likely to be attacked as well.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Lets not forget that there are players yearning to become Pirates... to do so requires doing evil things all the time to anyone and everyone... especially your own faction.

I'm betting the true griefers will be headed in that direction since it really is the life of a Pirate.

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

No.

If u dont like PVP better look for another game.

In this u get ganked by lev50's of your OWN faction at lev30 (YEAH MAN it opens up at lev30 rotfl)

Prepare to die alot, get shot in the back by your own faction while half hp fighting a mob.

Dont go AFK in a town, your of faction will kill u if they see "AFK" above your head,

Prepare to get ganked in a zone that peacefull, since u still get owned by your own faction members (just goz they can)

I get killed about 95% of the time by my own faction members :P

Somehow i think they got the PVP RvR stuff wrong in this game.

(but i am having fun)

Thank you.

Heard it also is transitioning to pay-to-win

/scratches-ArcheAge-of-the-list

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

There is no pve only server as it would not work with this game, plus you can play most of the game without encountering pvp. 

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Lets not forget that there are players yearning to become Pirates... to do so requires doing evil things all the time to anyone and everyone... especially your own faction.

I'm betting the true griefers will be headed in that direction since it really is the life of a Pirate.

and f2p players if they are smart.....since its the best way to make currency without houses and farms.