Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greedy trion will lose alot players..

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    OMG when are gamer's going to wake up. Every alpha/beta founders pack is nothing more but a money grab period. The game will be nothing like they think it will be at release. Just look at all the Firefall beta player's crying that the game is not what they paid for now.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    They lost me when their response to players wanting more LP after patch 1.2 was to add LP pots in the cash shop. These new patch notes have just reaffirmed by decision.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

If SWTOR didn't lose players to EA's greed, I don't think there's much chance of Rift losing many players to Trion's greed.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

LOL, just LOL...

Apparently even those with the money, aren't willing to spend the money... 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This game is out in 2 other versions (to my knowledge anyway) and both are easiest enough to get into, the RU and KR versions. So if trion sucks, just google/youtube Archeage RU or KR and get into those? There's pretty good English patches for them as well. Though I agree with some things and that they did a pretty fail job on the alpha/betas, its still survivable. Aren't they wiping on release anyway? If they aren't, then that's another fail move imo.
  • Kaynos72Kaynos72 Member Posts: 6
    I agree with the OP, paying a SUB should be the best & most effcient way to play a game.  You cant double dip, ask for a sub and sell stuff that gives obvious advantage in the cash shop, that's just plain greedy and unrespectful.
  • manowar88manowar88 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Copperfield

The alpha and beta founders packs were a smokescreen..

Smokescreen= moneyrgab.

You were not testing anything.. well maybe the servers and login servers but this could also be done in open beta..

Trion has No power to actually make patches and/ or update the game AA. XLgames has all the power and the patches till 1.7 patch are already tested by the koreans.

So everyone is being fooled by marketing

Second:

AA is a sub game.. its nearly impossible to enjoy the game while f2p.. which is fine.. but if you buy patron status(sub) i would expect to enjoy the game at his fullest. but this not the case..

The cashshop is selling you laborpoints with a 4 hour CC.. and not only that they are selling crafting materials aswell in that cashshop which makes it p2w

@ some point the community manager of trion said..

THE CASHSHOP WILL ONLY SELL COSMETIC STUFF. which is simply not the case

If i already pay for a sub in mmorpg.. i dont accept the fact that you need pay for even more if you run out of labor points..

This is a whole new level greedy companies trying to milk more money out of players.. which will prolly backfire right @ them due to alot players leaving the game after 3 months

Trion has lost face with me thats for sure..i enjoy the game tho

They have distroyed rift to.Trion is to greedy as you say..Think they will lose more players in the future then they gain. Ones a time thy hade the best free to play models on the market .Now they have the worst! I have all ways bine a subber to the games but trion did the sub pointles in rift. Now they have get patrons more mening to sub .But you will still need to by if you whant to have the cool stuff becus the alwas end upp in the intem store. And the new xpansoin is not free to play if you whant do the same dps like evrebady ells you need to buy there xpansion pack, You got 2 earings slot in it , whit out them its like puting of your rings.

x1muft.png

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    This game is out in 2 other versions (to my knowledge anyway) and both are easiest enough to get into, the RU and KR versions. So if trion sucks, just google/youtube Archeage RU or KR and get into those? There's pretty good English patches for them as well. Though I agree with some things and that they did a pretty fail job on the alpha/betas, its still survivable. Aren't they wiping on release anyway? If they aren't, then that's another fail move imo.

Korea, Japan, Russia, China, and now NA/EU.

Dont know atm, but few months ago was only easy to play in RU and even that change, english patch stop working at some point with a hackshield update that ended with alot of bans (ban untill 2038) and they remove paypal from the payment options so get a premium status gets harder if not impossible to people outside of countrys from the old "URSS".

Most of the tutorials on youtube are out of date and dont work anymore, unless something as change in last months.

About China i dont know.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

The various packs are clearly labeled with the prices for each. Not sure what you think a smokescreen is exactly but this does not seem to be one.

As far as anything else being obscured by "smoke". Trion has given out and offered up plenty of info on the game and changes,updates etc.. You also have many varied blogs and forums from people posting several times over on this iteration of AA and what to expect. As well as all the info gathered in general about the game in its other iterations from its Korean origins and beyond.

At the most there should just be a light mist at this point. 

Hardly a smokescreen.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

F2P crew couldn't play the game because  of LP's .....(now they can ) just buy the pots

The vocal minority who wanted to craft 24/7 ...............(now they can) just buy the pots

The high road moral minority who do whatever they want....(now they can) just buy the pots

The folks that claimed there shouldn't be any controls.........(now there isn't )just buy the pots

The folks that claimed the game was a grinder ....................(now it isn't ) just buy the pots

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

F2P crew couldn't play the game because  of LP's .....(now they can ) just buy the pots

The vocal minority who wanted to craft 24/7 ...............(now they can) just buy the pots

The high road moral minority who do whatever they want....(now they can) just buy the pots

The folks that claimed there shouldn't be any controls.........(now there isn't )just buy the pots

The folks that claimed the game was a grinder ....................(now it isn't ) just buy the pots

The folks at Trion and/or XL......(now they can) wave their arms in the air proclaiming "KA-CHING!"

• phoenixxusphoenixxus Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Started playing this morning started with full 5000 labor and use it up in 3 hours of play just making refined material mostly and a few items low level 24. I then used a pot and got 1000 back which I used all in making a level 40 item for a friend.  Now i have no labor so as a crafter, what am i to do for the rest of the day? Wait 4 hours to use another pot so i can make one more 40 level item. This game is starting to remind me of Vanguard beta. With the 149 dollars per founder pack this could turn into a debacle like Aliens colonial marines. 
  • Omb1Omb1 Member Posts: 30
    I uninstalled after seeing gold seller spam  in chat 5 hours after open beta started. The whole thing got nuked and to top it off they ask for patron status to create a garden.  Looked promising, but screw that!
  • phoenixxusphoenixxus Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I doubt they'll lose existing customers, but I do think their PR point of having a very inviting F2P model is diminishing. They are starting to more heavily monetize Rift and that community has taken notice. It's not caused a stir, but it hasn't gone unnoticed either.

I preferred their old style, but maybe it wasn't working for them, or maybe they just want more revenue.

There are alot of people out here that agree with you Torvaldr. I just do not get it why companies keep making these games like this one. They must know what is going on but getting a straight answer out of them is like trying to get one from a politician. Just give us a game with good sound mechanics  and a good old player driven economy. But this game has really soured me on buying into early access, buyer beware i guess. 

• Soull85Soull85 Member UncommonPosts: 15

I for one do not really mind the changes they made as much as i dislike the fact that they made them a week before the head start. As a customer, i might have not wanted to buy a founders pack if i would have known this kind of changes were in the plan. Anyway this teaches me not to be so naive next time Trion has something to say. No self respecting company would use these kind of marketing schemes on their player base. I love the game but i do not see a bright future for it with Trion as it's publisher. 

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Apparently people on these forums think Trion Worlds is a register charity and should provide them everything for free. They don't seem to realize that not only did Trion pay for the publishing rights in the West they have development time to pay for translating text from Korean to English and whatever other languages it will be released in before they even turn a profit.

Oh, no... Trion is Satan incarnate... they charge for everything... the world will end!!!!

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Apparently people on these forums think Trion Worlds is a register charity and should provide them everything for free. They don't seem to realize that not only did Trion pay for the publishing rights in the West they have development time to pay for translating text from Korean to English and whatever other languages it will be released in before they even turn a profit.

Oh, no... Trion is Satan incarnate... they charge for everything... the world will end!!!!

Theres plenty and even more "f2p" games translated and published in zounds of different countries...

I dont think that trion is the first one to do this but sure its the first one to introduce money milking system where peeps who subscribe are forced to use cash shop as well.

And like you say "they charge for everything" Do you really like the sound of that?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

Trion needs to make money so literally anything they do is acceptable. 

That seems to be your argument, and it's a pretty poor one. The f2p market isn't exactly empty and it's not hard to compare how Trion is approaching their monetization compared to their competitors. In my opinion, the route they went is shit. I don't see the ability to pay taxes as a fucking bonus I want for subbing. I don't think bag space is an acceptable cash shop item. I don't like it when the people who decide how many LP and archeum I get decide to sell me these things for cash when they've determined that people want more of both. All of this, to me, is shitty. All of this is unac-fucking-ceptible and their need to make a profit does absolutely nothing to change how I feel about their actions.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by phoenixxus
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I doubt they'll lose existing customers, but I do think their PR point of having a very inviting F2P model is diminishing. They are starting to more heavily monetize Rift and that community has taken notice. It's not caused a stir, but it hasn't gone unnoticed either.

I preferred their old style, but maybe it wasn't working for them, or maybe they just want more revenue.

There are alot of people out here that agree with you Torvaldr. I just do not get it why companies keep making these games like this one. They must know what is going on but getting a straight answer out of them is like trying to get one from a politician. Just give us a game with good sound mechanics  and a good old player driven economy. But this game has really soured me on buying into early access, buyer beware i guess. 

that worked really well for the players but if it was so successful for them..why did they switch to this ? People should have known something was wrong when rift was held as the best f2p because you never had to spend any money. How stupid do people have to be to think a game can run off "other people" supporting it. Of course they were going to try and up the number of paying people. It's not a charity.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Gamers have shown a willingness to pay, pay, and pay more to play their favorite game.   If the Patron was 20 for this game I expect you would still see a lot of Patron players in this game.  Oh, yeah,  you will also be spending money in our cash shop.  

"Awesome,  AA is launching!   Take my money.  Here just take what you need!"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    The game is fun, they aren't making me spend money, I'm choosing to as I enjoy it...gg

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by An4thor

Second:

AA is a sub game.. its nearly impossible to enjoy the game while f2p.. which is fine.. but if you buy patron status(sub) i would expect to enjoy the game at his fullest. but this not the case..

False, you can enjoy the game to it's fullest with patron. If by fullest you mean having infinite labor then that's a broken game you have there mate.

Mmmm, no you're wrong about this. Fullest extent in this case means you're not handicapped compared to somebody else. How can I be playing the game to its fullest but then somebody is paying extra to play it at its even fullerest? 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I think everyone that had $150 to spend knew damn well that they werent really testing and that it was a money grab as 'early access' and where totally ok with that.

people are not as stupid as we seem to think.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

This argument only works for a true F2P game (as opposed to a P2P game). I'm hoping you only posted this argument because you don't know that Archeage for the most part in practice is P2P (F2P has a TON of restrictions far beyond normal F2P games). Therefore Trion is ALREADY making money yet implemented these P2W items anyways.

If you knew that already yet posted this argument anyways... um, that's a fail.  But I'm hoping you simply didn't know that Archeage for the most part is subscription based in practice. (now subscription based AND with P2W cash shop!  The worse of both worlds!)

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60
    Who cares if its P2P ! They need to make money. If you are  complaining so much, play a different game.