Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CITY OF HEROES TO BE RESURRECTED? (well maybe)

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Read it here in the Titan Network forum:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10284.0

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, they are not there but working on it at least.

Leaves plenty of questions though, like how well supported the game would be if they pull it off. One of the best things with CoH was that they added content all the time, if they just put it up like it was when the game was canceled it would most likely become boring pretty fast.

Still good news though. :)

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by jpnole

Careful with false hope.  Although this is exciting news, and I appreciate you sharing it, your title is a bit presumptuous. =)

"The whole thing may fall apart. For all we know, everything done so far has been nothing but a delaying tactic so they can say once again that they tried to work with the community to no avail. But until such time that becomes clear, we will continue forward in good faith."

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Careful with false hope. Having said that, I would love for it to come back..... I think we are a long ways off though.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Fantastic news!
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Acidon

Careful with false hope.  Although this is exciting news, and I appreciate you sharing it, your title is a bit presumptuous. =)"The whole thing may fall apart. For all we know, everything done so far has been nothing but a delaying tactic so they can say once again that they tried to work with the community to no avail. But until such time that becomes clear, we will continue forward in good faith."
    Exactly. Nowhere is this a certainty. Matter of fact, the ones actually working with NCSoft do not hold high hopes.

But, it is exciting to see someone is still trying :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Would be nice to see one of my first mmos come back. :)
  • Neobloodline3dNeobloodline3d Member CommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    Careful with false hope.  Although this is exciting news, and I appreciate you sharing it, your title is a bit presumptuous. =)

"The whole thing may fall apart. For all we know, everything done so far has been nothing but a delaying tactic so they can say once again that they tried to work with the community to no avail. But until such time that becomes clear, we will continue forward in good faith."

Exactly. Nowhere is this a certainty. Matter of fact, the ones actually working with NCSoft do not hold high hopes.

I agree, but I think NCSoft will see an even larger PR fallout if this doesn't go through. It's one thing to have your beloved game shut down. It is another thing entirely to be given a second chance, raised hopes, and then have them crushed because of finances or some other detail. I have a feeling NCSoft would feel an entirely new level of hate and loathing. It's really in their best interest to make it work. That is the only way they will foster any good will or forgiveness.

City of Heroes was great at first but they ruined it with the lame Villains regurgitation and the instanced missions that people farmed endlessly in loops.  They barely added anything to the game the entire time it was active.  I hope this new one is City of Heroes but with some form of intelligence.  I'm a little skeptical about the inclusion of assets etc.  I hope it's a completely different game with some of the same elements that worked.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Neobloodline3d
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I agree, but I think NCSoft will see an even larger PR fallout if this doesn't go through. It's one thing to have your beloved game shut down. It is another thing entirely to be given a second chance, raised hopes, and then have them crushed because of finances or some other detail. I have a feeling NCSoft would feel an entirely new level of hate and loathing. It's really in their best interest to make it work. That is the only way they will foster any good will or forgiveness.

City of Heroes was great at first but they ruined it with the lame Villains regurgitation and the instanced missions that people farmed endlessly in loops.  They barely added anything to the game the entire time it was active.  I hope this new one is City of Heroes but with some form of intelligence.  I'm a little skeptical about the inclusion of assets etc.  I hope it's a completely different game with some of the same elements that worked.

I like that idea - a completely different game but keeping the best elements or ones that worked. I'd probably re do the sets to discourage frankensteining or whatever they called it. Maybe get rid of the archaic rooted mmo combat. Some new areas would be good. Also, I'd try to implement the scaling technique some games use that ties enemy density and respawns to the number of players on the map.