Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monster Capture/Battle MMO Question

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Anyone know of any MMO (or even just multiplayer) game that features coop monster capturing/battling?  As in 2 or more players can work together to PvE using their captured monsters/pets.  I know there are dozens of knock-off Pokémon games on the PC, IOS, and Android, but all of them I found didn't actually have any coop.  They were all just single player games where you could trade or 1v1 battle a player tacked on.

If I overlooked one that has real MMO gameplay like groups of players working together to fight a boss or something like that, please let me know!   Thanks.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think Digimon Masters is still live at Aeria Games. Forsaken World has a monster capture system. Kinda drawing a black on other games that have a real pet taming system. You could play ranger/hunter in Wow and GW2, they have a taming system but only exclusive to those classes. WoW and GW2 will probably be a bit more popular than the previous mentioned games.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Googled around for you, came up with;

Perfect World International - has a class called venomancers that can apparently tame quite a huge list of pets.

Imperian - has a taming skill and a hunter class that summons animal pets

Rappelz - each race has a summoner class that are highly useful to parties

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Thanks both of you for the replies.  I'll check out that Digimon Masters game, might be the sort of thing I was after.   The other suggestions I think all have pet features but aren't really pet capture/battle based games. 

Basically, I was wanting to play a Pokémon style game with some family members, and none of the real Pokémon games or any of the pokemon knock-off games on the PC actually have coop play or any kind of real multiplayer, even the ones that call themselves MMO's are extremely limited in player interaction.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    There's also Shin Megami Tensei Online and Ether Saga Online.

• nearmysnearmys Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    WoW and GW2 will probably be a bit more popular than the previous mentioned games.

You maybe haven't played WoW in a few years as it has a pokemon system implemented throughout the world, trainer battles and all.