Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: 5 More of the Worst Types of MMO Players

Comments

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by LiquidElectron

My least favorite is the 'Entitled', the ones that play a F2P title and demand that they have access to everything possibly available for no cost 'because the game is free'.

I see this so much now.

If we're talking about a sub-based game, or a game that has a restricted F2P mode, but also offers a sub/membership option that opens up more features/options, then I agree.. they are behaving like entitled brats if they demand to get the entire game for free.

However, if we're talking about people who go to a fully F2P/Cash Shop MMO and demand to get the full experience without having to spend a dime... Then, take your complaints to the developers and marketing folks who put so much effort into shoving "FREE!" into all their advertising. Talk to the PR people who go on, at length, about how you can enjoy their entire game, forever, without ever paying a dime.

Don't blame players when they go to these games expecting to get what was advertised, find it's not the case, and then talk about it.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Anyone older than 10 should know a company has to make money on a product. Saying you can enjoy the game for free forever is usually very true. Saying you can enjoy every single aspect of the game or have all the fancy mounts and costume pieces in the game for free is another story. And a claim I don't think any MMO has ever made. Although some like LOTRO and Neverwinter technically do make it possible to earn cash shop currency through gameplay.

• AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

Elitist - no ranking

These players seem to think there is only one way to play an MMO. They rage quick and have been known to 'leave guild', 'drop party' and log out. 

There is nothing wrong with people who have immense knowledge of the game. There is nothing wrong with people who meet 'the minimum requirement' to stand next to an Elitist. What is wrong is not having common sense and patience with people who really want to get to the next level of gaming.

Not one gamer has ever joined a game knowing every detail. We are all noobs to some degree and many are not there long.

I both salute the Elitist with a military and civilian style.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Where on the liist are MMORPG editors that are only in the game to make the deadline with a stupid article?
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133

You've forgotten: The Spoiler.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

My hate for whiners in dungeons and battlegrounds is fierce.

Last night I logged into TOR to do some PvP before I went to bed, I had a little bit too much to drink (which usually makes me wonna kill stuff in games :p).

Queue popped immediately and I end up on a Novare coast warzone that's going downhill with some whiny little bitch constantly nagging in chat how we're all noobs and we should go kill ourselves, that we aren't fit for PvP and should take our keyboard turning asses somewhere else. Of course he neglected to report any incomings or reported on the wrong bases.

At the end we took a loss but I ended up doing more damage than him as well as scoring way more objective points and almost turning the game around myself, even if I only came in halfway through the thing.

Next game, same team. He immediately starts bitching again. Normally I would've just /ignored him but with my drunk ass I confront him with his previous lacking score. Of course this results in completely flipped out behaviour and bitching on me for not saving his useless butt when he parks it in the middle of the map and tries to hit top DPS by dotting up everyone, dying and running back.

Me and another guy win the match easily by capping the enemy hypergate base before the timer runs out, but he ends up with the top DPS using the above method and starts whispering me after. Many lols are had before I park him on my ignore list.

But seriously, that's the reason I prefer a way to have same-faction PvP in a game. There's no way to make whiny bitches shut up as to simply school them hard in front of their peers.

In Age of Wulin it became sort of a tradition in the end. You trash talk? Lets prove your mettle right here and now then.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

^ I have had similar experiences in SWTOR, and it always seems to be the more incompetent, less team-minded players who do all the bitching to deflect attention from their own ineptitude.  It gets tiresome.  

But as someone else said, I am surprised this list does not include 'entitled gamers'.  Those people who seem to think developers are actually charities and expect to get everything a paying player gets but without making any financial contribution whatsoever.    

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    You don't need to preface Noob with useless. A newb is a new player that doesn't know anything. A noob is an old player that doesn't know anything.
  • SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    People who complain about the game, then AFK while abusing the system.
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I don't know know what to call these persons.  You are playing the game minding your own business when to get a tell that says..  "Hi there, I am a 18 year old girl do you want to talk dirty to me "?

I get these about once a week.  If they knew that I am a 69 year old grandfather I doubt I would be getting this trash.

Also I am not on the Moonguard server in WOW :)

• kagewalkerkagewalker Member Posts: 4
    Hackers should be on here. I mean you are kind of grateful when the person does vanquish the boss without moving his/her character an inch or even doing anything but it does take all the fun out of it. With the 'Here's your silver and picks, I'm out of here' attitude. I'd rather lose in a sophisticated manner with no rewards.
  • kagewalkerkagewalker Member Posts: 4
    Even worse is when you lose to one in pvp.
  • JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    top of the crap heap...
    the Hacker!
    just google game hacks, aimbot, etc. to see how self glorifying and proud the hacker is with himself. usually complete with badass "I'm awesome" soundtrack playing over their streams.
    then mosey on to a game hack site, read a bit of the forums. how excited they get when they find a way to exploit.
    F2P opens flood gates for hackers. endless free accounts to test and trash a game.

now these vicious little lowlifes can plague the games you love, be it PvP or PvE you will come across these super-powered, immortal , talentless twats at some point.
    impossible for honest players to prove their shenanigans unless ofcourse it's blatant roadrunner style game play, one then has to hope that the game's developers are competent and effective in removing these cancerous lumps from our midst.

Cheating in a game where you face off other players makes no sense to me. what have you accomplished? what have you learnt? how "good" are you really if you NEED to break a games physics to "succeed".
    especially if you have or are currently paying to play the game...

what kind of person adopts a point of view that they can intentionally ruin experiences for other people with solely underhanded means.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Interesting. The whiner and the negative Nancy seem more or less the same thing mentioned twice but no mention of any kind of a grief player. 

All die, so die well.

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    ooh yeah, the Rage-Quitters/Bailers
    90% of the time are elitists, wether they become abusive or not up and vanishing from a group after 3 failed tries on a boss is pathetic. pathetic on the end of the rage quitter.
    clearly spent too much time grinding dungeons over and over that pose no challenge and having everything handed to them. (WoW obviously)
    try a tougher game if you are so impatient with others. you will soon respect the need for a learning curve when 1 slip up means group failure.
    oh and while you are at it, don't get in a damn group if you have only half an hour before mom calls out dinner is ready.

another variant of the bailer...
    if you ditch a group once you have the loot you wanted you are ultimately selfish.
  • jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

My hate for whiners in dungeons and battlegrounds is fierce.

Last night I logged into TOR to do some PvP before I went to bed, I had a little bit too much to drink (which usually makes me wonna kill stuff in games :p).

Queue popped immediately and I end up on a Novare coast warzone that's going downhill with some whiny little bitch constantly nagging in chat how we're all noobs and we should go kill ourselves, that we aren't fit for PvP and should take our keyboard turning asses somewhere else. Of course he neglected to report any incomings or reported on the wrong bases.

At the end we took a loss but I ended up doing more damage than him as well as scoring way more objective points and almost turning the game around myself, even if I only came in halfway through the thing.

Next game, same team. He immediately starts bitching again. Normally I would've just /ignored him but with my drunk ass I confront him with his previous lacking score. Of course this results in completely flipped out behaviour and bitching on me for not saving his useless butt when he parks it in the middle of the map and tries to hit top DPS by dotting up everyone, dying and running back.

Me and another guy win the match easily by capping the enemy hypergate base before the timer runs out, but he ends up with the top DPS using the above method and starts whispering me after. Many lols are had before I park him on my ignore list.

But seriously, that's the reason I prefer a way to have same-faction PvP in a game. There's no way to make whiny bitches shut up as to simply school them hard in front of their peers.

In Age of Wulin it became sort of a tradition in the end. You trash talk? Lets prove your mettle right here and now then.

I haven't done any pvp in WoW in awhile, but that sort of thing happened a lot in that game too in my experience.

Guys will sit there and be top dps/heals and complain that the team isn't winning, but they're not helping defend or cap objectives.

Kinda stupid really, in random battleground groups.  And if you're not playing the objective, no amount of damage/healing/killing blows you do matters.

• geopenguingeopenguin Member UncommonPosts: 4
    You forgot "The Ninja."
  • drowelfdrowelf Member UncommonPosts: 114
    And all of the above is why i turn off chat if i can or drag it off screen.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Scammer or griefer can probably take the place of the whiner or negative nan which are the same thing.

Or, if you play tera, the pervert creep
    *shudders*

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Will you be doing a column regarding the 5(10) best types of MMO player? Or is everyone we play online with idiots? :)

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by immodium
    Will you be doing a column regarding the 5(10) best types of MMO player? Or is everyone we play online with idiots? :)

I think they should, if they haven't already.  Otherwise they're clearly Negative Nancies.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Good additions.  There are still more "worst player types", but this a good chunk :)

Many may think of me as "whiner."  Really, I am not.  I do not whine in MMOs or berate this or that feature while playing.  I do all that out of the game :)  The "Whiners" that annoy me are the ones who sit in general chat and talk about "other MMOs" that do this better, or that better.

I agree with DMKano about gold spammers, though.  Scum of the earth, even if they are "legitimate" (I use that word very loosely).  They leech money (illegally) off of other people's work.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

Sorry, but your number one is wrong...

1) Solo player - killing the genre since 2004.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Scammer or griefer can probably take the place of the whiner or negative nan which are the same thing.

Or, if you play tera, the pervert creep
    *shudders*

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• exhellexhell Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by zzax

Sorry, but your number one is wrong...

1) Solo player - killing the genre since 2004.

This...thank you WoW.  Not!