Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Conquests With GuildFlag Ships Involve Faction pvp?

I have not played this game in a long time because I wanted to switch my server and I am currently occupied with Planetside 2 and Star Trek Online so I have not had time for another MMO.

What I am wondering is how does conquering a planet work? Are there pvp battles and how long does it take? What benefits does your guild get for owning a planet?

I have been looking for a MMO that gives you a sense of ownership, one that makes you feel like you are important because you own property and have a lot of stuff. Star trek Online has made me feel like this because you can have a fleet of ships and some ships are very rare and exclusive. 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

You can do PvP with the conquests, such as fighting others over who gets to kill the commanders - and going after a commander will take you into hostile territory as well.

There aren't any real advantages to controling a planet AFAIK, except getting a small reward for everyone in the guild that met the necessary contribution score.

As for ownership, you could always unlock all 4 strongholds (houses) and start hunting down the rarest decorations you can get if you like to have something to show.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

There's not much world PVP or ownership involved, but it's all relative to your perspective and perception. You can grind points in warzones and have your guild name splashed as 'the owners' for a week at a time, but you can't really kick people off of the planet or tax it, or anything interesting like that. It's mostly guilds grinding arbitrary points on objectives for bragging rights over something not very interesting.

Decorating a ship might be interesting to you, but they're not really 'ships' so much as floating house instances that don't actually move, fight, or do anything significant other than a roleplaying hub with a door to lock out the public. For some people though, that is enough to be really satisfying, your mileage may vary!

Originally posted by Impacthound

There's not much world PVP or ownership involved, but it's all relative to your perspective and perception. You can grind points in warzones and have your guild name splashed as 'the owners' for a week at a time, but you can't really kick people off of the planet or tax it, or anything interesting like that. It's mostly guilds grinding arbitrary points on objectives for bragging rights over something not very interesting.

You get to ride around on a walker on the planet you've conquered during that time and show off. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

You get to ride around on a walker on the planet you've conquered during that time and show off. :P

If they hadn't just released the cartel pack with personal walkers, that would have been a better perk. I think it really diminished that feature.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

If they hadn't just released the cartel pack with personal walkers, that would have been a better perk. I think it really diminished that feature.

The chance to get this walker is abysmal. Sigh....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

The chance to get this walker is abysmal. Sigh....

That's the reason I chose to pass on it. I didn't want to bankrupt myself with housing right around the corner. And besides, I did get my Kingpin Rancor. :D