Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer responses to top 5 questions

H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I'm cross posting this from the AoC forums.  I'm finally done with this game and these answers are the final straw that have broken my back.

Dev responses from questions as posted by the community manager Tomium:

Recently, we had time to chat with the AoC Development team and get some answers to questions you all have had. 

1.  What is going on with Phase Three, [Cross-Server PVP] that was supposed to happen last year?

Because of the sheer enormity of this project, it has been pushed back indefinitely.

2.  Could you fix the "group bug" that makes it so that we can't group in a minigame?

This is actually not a bug, unless we misunderstood what you were talking about.

3.  When will we see a crafting revamp?

It is still being worked on, and since this is a large update, it will continue to take a while for development.

4.  Could you scale the raid quests down a bit so that they don't need so many people?

There are no plans to do this at this time, however, we are looking into a 12 man dungeon in Dragon's Spine.

5.  Is there ever going to be an Anti-Cheat system? 

There IS an Anti-Cheat system, and we are looking into more modern upgrades for it.

So, there you have it- answers to some of the more common questions in the forums. If you have a burning question, let us know here in the forums- or send Sezmra or Tomium a PM, and they will do what they can to get answers. 

Thanks!

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

The best response to this post on the forums so far:

1.  Cross server tech is too hard and now that we're down to two servers, does it really matter anyways?  We've said "indefinitely" at least half a dozen times; that's super sekret code for "never". Stop asking us.

2.  We don't actually play this game, so we have no clue what you're talking about.  We also still don't know about the rez bug.

3.  We announed the crafting revamp before we did any research whatsoever, and now we wished we never announced it because it turned out to be hard as hell.  We're certainly not working on it anymore.

4.  Every server still shows medium population 24/7.  You should have no problem filling raids.

5.  You guys do realize that hackers/cheaters are paying customers, right?  We can't go around biting the hand that feeds us.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Good luck in your next game. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

That's an easy choice.  

I've never stopped subbing to EVE online for the past ten years, so I'm just going back home after my most recent and final rendezvous with AoC.  :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Based on those answers it seems they had given those same answers before so why keep asking the same unimportant things?. Why people dont ask tough questions anymore?

People ARE asking tough, hardball questions on the forums every year, but they decided to "answer" the wiffle-ball questions instead.

The fact that three in five weren't answered, or even known to be an issue (LOL?!?), means that this company is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.