Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this be done ?

ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Greetings all :)

I have a preferred account,  because  I rarely played the game after the 1st couple months so had no reason to sub. I like the game but just didn't have much time to play then. My question is this : my highest char. is only like a lvl 15 jedi  but as I recall there are a number of  missions/quests whatever that require more than just 1 person to accomplish so I'm wondering if,at this late date,  it will be possible to find enough people playing at low levels to do these things ? I want to re-sub but only if I can actually still access all the content. Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Arakane
      Greetings all :)   I have a preferred account,  because  I rarely played the game after the 1st couple months so had no reason to sub. I like the game but just didn't have much time to play then. My question is this : my highest char. is only like a lvl 15 jedi  but as I recall there are a number of  missions/quests whatever that require more than just 1 person to accomplish so I'm wondering if,at this late date,  it will be possible to find enough people playing at low levels to do these things ? I want to re-sub but only if I can actually still access all the content. Thanks for reading. :)

The game has very healthy population and there are dozens of people in low level areas. No worries.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Recently started playing again myself.

Haven't had any trouble at all at those levels to get parties for the heroic quests. At the lower level planets at least there's plenty of players and most don't mind picking up a few social points by grouping up.

Not sure about the mid-levels though, I could imagine there being less players there as not everyone keeps on leveling. Not sure though, haven't reached that far yet.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I can't tell if you're trolling.

The servers all all packed (mostly) and I have had zero issues with finding people for Heroic Quests, FPs, or PvP.  I think the longest I waited the other night was for Galactic Starfighter and that was 10 minutes.

There is no issue finding groups, even at low levels, and a lot of people have rolled alts to see varying stories.  It also helps that galactic strongholds released (for subs) as there are drops now in both areas and FPs for people to collect for their houses.  But even before then, things were hopping.  Preferred will get theirs later this month and then F2Prs will get their GS in October.

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Plenty of people and the game is easy, solo all the way to endgame and then you can start doing group stuff.
  • ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Thanks for all the responses all. I think that in light of this information I'll just start one of my un-played chars. to "get the rust off" etc. Thanks again :)

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Started a new Bounty Hunter a few weeks ago, he is... lvl 35 now I think. Same as you, do not have much time to play, but I have never.. ever... so far had any trouble to find a group for any quest, or flashpoint, when I have needed it. It's smooth sailing all the way up to middle, and it does not seem to lessen either.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    The lower levels are always populated.  It's the middle levels (20s-40s) that struggle a bit, but even then, there's still enough people to get things done.  It's one of the reasons why f2p saved this game.  There used to be ghost towns everywhere.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I just level a character from level 1-20 over the last few weeks.  The population is great at all levels.  The harder group missions are listed by number of players suggested. . so for example 2- Kill Rats. . or 4 - Kill bigger rats.  You can do the "2" person ones with just your companion if you save them until last.. . skipping the "4" ones doesn't seem to have any consequences (unless you are a completionist like myself.

I was surprised by the population and by how much I am enjoying the game.  I guess when I tried it at launch it wasn't what I wanted it to be.  Playing it now, I am having a good time.  A month from now I will likely move on but that is just what I do :)

Edit:  Aaaaand I somehow missed the OPs response and am talking to myself :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TsuekasaTsuekasa Member Posts: 4
    I have been a new player for 2 months lvl 25 with also not that much time to play. I had no problems finding people. Very healthy population.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I have a preferred account,  because  I rarely played the game after the 1st couple months so had no reason to sub. I like the game but just didn't have much time to play then. My question is this : my highest char. is only like a lvl 15 jedi  but as I recall there are a number of  missions/quests whatever that require more than just 1 person to accomplish so I'm wondering if,at this late date,  it will be possible to find enough people playing at low levels to do these things ? I want to re-sub but only if I can actually still access all the content. Thanks for reading. :)

You could try it with certain restrictions for free since the game is also F2P. If only for getting a taste of it's playing community. Then judge if you feel it's worth the sub. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If there is a bottleneck in levelbased MMOs it is not the early levels, it is the high medium with players not really maxed out but pretty close. And with the F2P players noob content will be very easy to get players for.

The population of higher middle levels though can't I speak for right now, you might need to spend some time looking for a group there. 

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Also, you can level as subscriber well enough to do all "solo". Group-play to advance (unfortunately?) isn't necessary, i.e. flash-points or heroics can be skipped in principle if you against all odds can't find anyone. (not saying for an MMO this is a good thing, etc. etc.). Of course you miss out on some good gear drops/rewards, but you still can advance.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It only gets a little bit difficult to get groups for heroic missions around level 35-50 or so.

That's because the end is in sight for many people, causing them to power through those levels without bothering with the group content.

But you'll still be able to get a group if you're patient. Usually you get a few guys who do every normal mission first and then try to find people to complete the whole slew of heroics in one go for an entire planet.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

It only gets a little bit difficult to get groups for heroic missions around level 35-50 or so.

That's because the end is in sight for many people, causing them to power through those levels without bothering with the group content.

But you'll still be able to get a group if you're patient. Usually you get a few guys who do every normal mission first and then try to find people to complete the whole slew of heroics in one go for an entire planet.

Yeah, it's still very doable in that level range too. :)

Heroics are also a good way for people to keep their companions (and themselves) geared, since they tend to award a good amount of commendations, or a piece of gear that they can wear or strip the mods from.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

First comment: give it a try - you don't need to subscribe or spend anything to do so. That will tell you how "full" the servers are and so forth.

Are the servers full - I can only speak about the EU English speaking PvE server - I only play on 1 server - but I wouldn't say the population is "high". There are still instances of course and the numbers you will see are for a single instance but you may get pulled from an instance with a dozen or so to one with 40-50. That is at lower level. As mentioned it get harder from  mid-thirties, You can still get groups though - but not always when you want. Too few spread about a whole zone sometimes. World boss groups - less so. Sub-200 on fleet. And yesterday it was very quiet - no chat at all on the planets (Destiny?)

As I said however it is possible - and if you miss one of the early ones you could always comeback when you have out levelled it. 

Give it a try though.