Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoD flying posts being deleted in mass

2»

Comments

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

I agree no flying mounts:) And everybody gets a ban stick here and there, no biggie:)

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Let's be honest for just a second:  Flying, while great, was a bad idea.  It allowed people to circumvent content and encounters that could otherwise have made things a little more difficult.  Take or example a quest to kill a named deep inside a small town.  In most cases, you'd have to fight through stuff to get to it.  With flying mounts, you could fly over most/all of the encounters leading up to the boss, dive into the building and kill the boss without (much) threat/difficulty.

At least that is what I did all the time.  It speeds things up, sure; but the rest of the "game" loses value when your players can do that.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by raziel69
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    You didn't get suspended for asking about flight. You got suspended for asking about moderation. Pretty much any forum anywhere has a rule that you can't make a new thread to question deleted/locked ones.

This ^

You questioned moderation procedures, which is against the rules.

You broke a rule, they punished you for breaking that rule.

Actions have consequences.

Take note.

The point trying to be made is that not just repete posts are being deleted all posts on the topic are being delated, seems rather strange. Perhaps a change in leadership? 

Nope I bet it has something to do with the amount of money they have lost through cancelled subs this year and cannot afford anymore people to leave as their profits are falling faster than fall is coming.

LOVE IT!!!

Bli$$ard always use a BIG stick to keep gamer's in line, time to vote with your wallet people.

Asbo

• MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79

So the devs admit that flying ruined a huge part of the game? (namely open world pvp)

Gee thats interesting, i wonder when they came to this realization, was it before or after they decided to revamp all the old zones and let you fly in them? Seriously if they just left the old zones alone and kept it ground only im sure people would be more or less content with that whilst allowing you to fly in outland and all future expansion zones. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Malinkadink

So the devs admit that flying ruined a huge part of the game? (namely open world pvp)

Gee thats interesting, i wonder when they came to this realization, was it before or after they decided to revamp all the old zones and let you fly in them? Seriously if they just left the old zones alone and kept it ground only im sure people would be more or less content with that whilst allowing you to fly in outland and all future expansion zones. 

Flying made sense in Outland, because it was specifically designed for it.  Making flying available in the old zones was the worst decision they ever made and totally unnecessary.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by raziel69

For the past week on the WoW fourms I have noticed there has been a lot of posts with people being upset about flight being removed in the expansion even at level 100...

Yesterday I noticed that blizzard has started to delete all the posts related to pro flying as if they are trying to do a cover up of out cry.

So I made a post that just simply asked why are all the pro flying posts being deleted...a few min later I get greeted with a message saying your account has been suspended for questioning mods...

pic here

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10621129_10154490052320411_1307589990_n.jpg?oh=ef15071057fd51f3ad20f40fd99ad926&oe=5405777C&__gda__=1409634733_85991d67fe28ad79a37a0f6138972c16

Edit:

Perhaps rules about posting were broken I do not normally make comments in the forums, but was curious so asked about it.

It looks like not just repete posts are being deleted but all or most in mass, seems strange. 

You're wrong and right. Yes, they do delete posts. Yes, they have deleted posts about WoD Flying. No, they are not deleting all posts re: WoD Flying. You can easily look up WoD Flying via search on the Blizzard Forums and find plenty of topics on WoD Flying from Today, and from months ago, that are still living. WoD Flying is a sore spot and it will see passionate, if not inflammatory, posts by the chaotic good and evil alike, so there will undoubtedly see a great deal more posts like these deleted. It comes with the territory. 

Also, since Blizzard was one of the companies supporting Andreas Zecher's letter calling on the gaming community at large to, basically, grow up, it's not really surprising that their community managers are doing their part to clean up the filth and refuse littering game forums. It should be done more often IMO. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Open world pvp been dead with flying mount or with out, why will people world pvp? when you can get gear buy queuing up. Most people pvp want the gear then trying to find a low level to gank how most pvp in wow is gank you when your farming under geared.

But taking away flying not going to do anything good, but it just make you travel longer to do your daily quest now, let see how far some people like how it is longer to do stuff. I know people will say most games still doing it but when people get use to something you take it away when they try to get use to it again is not fun for them anymore.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I for one am in favor of removing flying.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    This is one of those divisive topics that will never be settled in some peoples minds.  Right or wrong the developers have made a decision about how they want to proceed moving forward.  Can you really blame them for trying to close down the discussion or at least to contain it?  If it were my forums I would come out and say this is what we are doing and why and lock/delete any new posts about it outside a master post and suspend anyone who broke that rule.  At some point discussions about things like this stop being useful and start just being poison to your community.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by udon
    This is one of those divisive topics that will never be settled in some peoples minds.  Right or wrong the developers have made a decision about how they want to proceed moving forward.  Can you really blame them for trying to close down the discussion or at least to contain it?  If it were my forums I would come out and say this is what we are doing and why and lock/delete any new posts about it outside a master post and suspend anyone who broke that rule.  At some point discussions about things like this stop being useful and start just being poison to your community.

That's about the time people come here and make an account. We love rehashing useless topics that no amount of agreeing on will ever make anything change.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

It is very common for blizzard to eliminate a common thread. if there are 100 of them opening up when there is an exsisting one for people to post their take on it.

I rarely if ever post on blizzards form but heck even I have seen the post where a blue has told everyone to keep posting in the thread intended for it and not make 1 gazzillion posts of the same topic as they /will/ be deleted.  If you are given a place to post a specific topic you post it there, not where you please.

Even these fourms do that. go to a specific game and post a review in the general section when it has a review section for the game and watch it get locked/ deleted or redirected.

I guess the moral here is, take some time, do some research before you blurt out your post.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    My opinion is that removing flying mounts is a step towards the right direction. They are almost 100% responsible for the absence of world PvP in WoW nowadays. Besides, all areas are filled with flight paths so fast travel isn't really an issue any more. 
  • KommoKommo Member Posts: 12

Getting rid of flying at least in the new zone is completely fun, logical etc design choice in my mind, but not even near everybody agree. I like to think we (who speak for removal) just have a better taste in games, and know what is better for the game community as whole.

Minor inconveniece is curse word when it comes to modern MMORPG... the thing, imo, that makes the game feel substancial, especially in case of flying.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

To all the folks that are happy about not having the option to fly. Who ever chained you too a flying mount and made you fly around  all the content of the past expansions? Why do you care if I fly? How does taking an option away from me benefit you or anyone else?

• KommoKommo Member Posts: 12

Well I can just not fly, but it's kinda human nature to look for most efficient way to do things. It doesn't help everybody else flies. The limitation through game mechanics is better in that sense.

Random socializing, world PvP, roleplay, everybody interacting with word rather than flying through it in isolated way, sense of scale. In MMORPG it doesn't only matter what I do, it matters what everybody else also does, at least it should.

To me it completely makes sense for any MMORPG. Other style online games and single player games are different animals, those games need fluidness of fast travel and such.

But with this we have to agree to disagree, because our MMORPG ideals are probably different. I say thought that my ideal is closer and more true to original core ideas of MMORPG's.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor

The good ole "Don't ask about mods actions!". (on any forum).

Welcome one and all to 1984. /enjoy

The old "My God, deleting posts/banning people on a private forum is the same or will lead to a global banning of free speech!"

My advice:

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Blizzard already knows more people are in favor of flying versus not having flight, so this whole issue is a waste. They will implement flight again for those areas because at the end of the day, its about dollars. That's what all companies do, make decisions based on influx or decline of their income.