Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Roll - Alliance (NA) - Start Date 9/3! (2PM EST)

Comments

• DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Slasher29

i join coming back after a few yrs off 

Great! Check out the forums for guild related information!

Up to 45 members! Tons of people to level with and get to know!
    51 members and counting! We will also be announcing the guild name tonight!
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

LOL,  and the name is... drum-roll please...

Pink Fluffy Bunnies!

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Pink Fluffy Bunnies!

There was a guld named Sparkling Pink Bunnies on my server, they were actually a decent raid guild.

• BreyvinBreyvin Member Posts: 5

Do we have to do dungeons before level 45? Because I prefer questing over anything. I have also never leveled an alliance toon before so I want to kind of see what it is like. 

Also a question to the no-heirlooms, is this only for if you are doing dungeons or overall? Because I generally level a lot slower than most(mainly because I hate all the dungeons before level 50, and the level bracket 40-45 makes me hate my life, even with heirlooms) 

In the last reroll guild where the purpose was to just do legacy raids, they allowed heirlooms for solo leveling but when you grouped up with someone from the guild(even something like ring of blood) you have to switch to a non-heirloom set.

Would you consider doing something like that? 

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

Pink Fluffy Bunnies!

There was a guld named Sparkling Pink Bunnies on my server, they were actually a decent raid guild.

That's a close coincidence. On my server, there was a good raiding guild called SparkleBunnies of Doom.

Originally posted by Breyvin

Do we have to do dungeons before level 45? Because I prefer questing over anything. I have also never leveled an alliance toon before so I want to kind of see what it is like. 

Also a question to the no-heirlooms, is this only for if you are doing dungeons or overall? Because I generally level a lot slower than most(mainly because I hate all the dungeons before level 50, and the level bracket 40-45 makes me hate my life, even with heirlooms) 

In the last reroll guild where the purpose was to just do legacy raids, they allowed heirlooms for solo leveling but when you grouped up with someone from the guild(even something like ring of blood) you have to switch to a non-heirloom set.

Well Brey, I'm certainly not telling anyone how to spend their time leveling, though full guild dungeon groups are a good way to get to know your new guildies, but if you prefer questing and just chatting or talking in mumble that's fine also.

We've talked a bit about the Heirlooms, the first character that is leveled with the guild on the server we're going to stand firm on no heirlooms, mainly because if I make an exception here, then I would have to do it for a bunch of 1 off cases. However, once the first character is leveled with the guild, any alts you play, you are free to do what you want with Heirloom wise (Though it is heavily recommended that you remove them in favor of grouping with guildies who do not have them)

We have over 50 members now, and I'm sure that number will be higher when we start leveling on Tuesday, out of that many people I'm sure there would be people that consider themselves "slow levelers" like yourself, so I think you should still give it a go!

Originally posted by Derivative

Well Brey, I'm certainly not telling anyone how to spend their time leveling, though full guild dungeon groups are a good way to get to know your new guildies, but if you prefer questing and just chatting or talking in mumble that's fine also.

We've talked a bit about the Heirlooms, the first character that is leveled with the guild on the server we're going to stand firm on no heirlooms, mainly because if I make an exception here, then I would have to do it for a bunch of 1 off cases. However, once the first character is leveled with the guild, any alts you play, you are free to do what you want with Heirloom wise (Though it is heavily recommended that you remove them in favor of grouping with guildies who do not have them)

We have over 50 members now, and I'm sure that number will be higher when we start leveling on Tuesday, out of that many people I'm sure there would be people that consider themselves "slow levelers" like yourself, so I think you should still give it a go!

What about death knights? or will you not allow those until you have finished the TBC raids and progressing towards wotlk content?

And the main reason with the thing about questing is because it will usually leave you with more gold when you reach a certain level instead of doing dungeons to buy gems/enchants.

oh and what about monks also?

oh and also what about just using heirlooms that don't give any xp bonuses while leveling? (weapons/trinkets) 

i'm probably going to do this regardless but I just want to know. 

What about death knights? or will you not allow those until you have finished the TBC raids and progressing towards wotlk content?

And the main reason with the thing about questing is because it will usually leave you with more gold when you reach a certain level instead of doing dungeons to buy gems/enchants.

oh and also what about just using heirlooms that don't give any xp bonuses while leveling? (weapons/trinkets) 

I don't think their idea is for everyone to be *poof* level 90 as fast as they can.  You don't need to re-roll if that is the intention.  I believe the intent is to find a bunch of players who want to play together and raid/whatever together.  People looking to raid tomorrow, tend to not care who they are raiding with, more about the loot than the people.

Panda's are no different than any other race... they start in their own zone then end up about the same place as other low level characters.  No different than choosing to be a Worgen or a Drenai.  

I would think if they allow DK, you'd have to level from 1-55 on a toon, then roll a DK and proceed from their.  Again, I believe the intent is NOT to get to 90 the quickest, but rather find a group that wants to do stuff together for more than a week.

On that note, I have to say the random toon generator is probably the best idea of all... you're not focused on choosing which is the most OP class or choosing a class that you know will cruise through everything, but having to adjust and play something that maybe you never have played before or never would.  Part of re-rolling is to play differently than you have before.  The random generator just may be the best way to do that... assuming you don't keep hitting the button until something you can live with pops up.
    Originally post

I don't think their idea is for everyone to be *poof* level 90 as fast as they can.  You don't need to re-roll if that is the intention.  I believe the intent is to find a bunch of players who want to play together and raid/whatever together.  People looking to raid tomorrow, tend to not care who they are raiding with, more about the loot than the people.

Panda's are no different than any other race... they start in their own zone then end up about the same place as other low level characters.  No different than choosing to be a Worgen or a Drenai.  

I would think if they allow DK, you'd have to level from 1-55 on a toon, then roll a DK and proceed from their.  Again, I believe the intent is NOT to get to 90 the quickest, but rather find a group that wants to do stuff together for more than a week.

I asked about monks, not pandas. 

I was asking about monks because since they want people to be on even playing field xp wise for their first character I was guessing it might be for the xp bonuses because monks get a daily 10% bonus xp. because as he said in the first post Jimnoob(or something) may be the reason everyone is still getting gnomeregan because they outleveled him. 

Which is then why I asked about heirlooms that don't give any xp bonuses. 

and for your comment on the DK, my question was mainly asking if 

1) they allow DKs

or 

2) not until they are finished with TBC content and working on leveling to 80. 

Hey again Brey! I'm not limiting or restricting any of the class/race choices for this Re-Roll. Now, yes that does put DK's at an odd point for the beginning of the Re-Roll since they start at 55, but if they are Re-Rolling with us, they understand the intention of the Legacy raiding and they should have no issue locking their XP at 60 and taking time to work on Professions or Rep or whatever else they may be into.

Monks as previously mentioned will also not be excluded, however the XP buff they receive from their daily quest I THINK is 50%, as I believe it is there to simulate having Heirlooms, I would complete the quest and click off the buff to stay in the same range as your guildies.

As far as Heirlooms though, I believe the safest answer is just a blanket 'No', It's clear and concise and it doesn't open the door to "Well, what if...." or "Since that's allowed,....".

I also noticed you said we will start leveling on tuesday, but the thread title says september 3rd., which is wednesday. 

with the amount of people interested did you decide to do it a day early? 

And another question I have, will the guild be created before or on the day that we start leveling?

I also noticed you said we will start leveling on tuesday, but the thread title says september 3rd., which is wednesday. 

And another question I have, will the guild be created before or on the day that we start leveling?

You'll have to forgive me, I've been doing that on my forums as well! The start date is indeed WEDNESDAY 9/3 - Just follow the count down on the website and it won't lie to you!

We are currently voting for the guild name in the members section of my site, later tonight when the Poll has run its course, we will pre make the guild in game so it's ready to go on WEDNESDAY NOT TUESDAY! =)

You'll have to forgive me, I've been doing that on my forums as well! The start date is indeed WEDNESDAY 9/3 - Just follow the count down on the website and it won't lie to you!

We are currently voting for the guild name in the members section of my site, later tonight when the Poll has run its course, we will pre make the guild in game so it's ready to go on WEDNESDAY NOT TUESDAY! =)

okay thanks, sorry for all of the questions.

Originally poste

okay thanks, sorry for all of the questions.

Not a problem at all, Brey. Happy to answer questions about the guild.

Guild name chosen and original post updated with a few more lines of information!
    58 Re-Rollers as of tonight! Still 2 1/2 days til Re-Roll!
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I haven't played WoW in several years so I'd be considered new. You take new players?
    Originally posted by Kilrain
    I haven't played WoW in several years so I'd be considered new. You take new players?

We have a couple newer players, and we also have a ton of veteran players that are happy to help with any questions you might have.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Wouldn't you need to grind all the lower level dungeons to get all the gear needed to do the lower level raids at the appropriate levels?

That seems like it could take a long time. You'd have to grind the shit out of lvl 60, 70, 80, and 85. Unless I am misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Dreamo84

Wouldn't you need to grind all the lower level dungeons to get all the gear needed to do the lower level raids at the appropriate levels?

That seems like it could take a long time. You'd have to grind the shit out of lvl 60, 70, 80, and 85. Unless I am misunderstanding.

There really isn't anything to grind at level 60 anymore, unless your class/spec is compatible with the PvP armor, which is fine, since the 60 raids are near trivial and we aren't spending much time on them as is.

The level 70 and on up raids will require a bit of gearing, which is why we are stopping a bit longer in these tiers, but you also have to factor in that the currency you'll get at these levels will allow you to purchase much higher item level pieces, thus gearing us beyond some of the earlier tier raids and allowing us to be effective in the later tier.

Plus, gearing up for the raids is just more time to form a better connection with your guildies, which I'm sure I've said before, but that is what is at the core of this guild.

• shaykalshaykal Member UncommonPosts: 16

I quit a few years ago and used to play on EU servers so I won't be able to join, although you did make me want to go ahead and play again.

I think you have a very good initiative and I wish you all the best and good luck!

Enjoy!

:-D

Thank you for the kind words, Shaykal!