Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Launch is Coming, At Long Last

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

ArcheAge is not exactly unknown around these parts, but to much of the larger gaming world XLGAMES' and Trion's ArcheAge still has a lot to prove. And the time has finally come to do so. We met up with the team at PAX Prime in Seattle to discuss the forthcoming launch of the long-awaited sandbox MMORPG.

Read the rest of Carolyn Koh's ArcheAge: At Long Last Launch is Coming.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    If I'm ready? Oh hell yeah! :)
  • clover262clover262 Member Posts: 6

Nice Trailer :D

And hell ya, I'm ready!

EDIT: Correction in article -- You don't need a beach house to aquafarm -- just 20 gilda stars for an aquafarm without the house, which can be planted in a few spots marked on the map (1 or 2 spots per faction I believe).

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Sweet! Yes I am soooooo ready!!

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Vacation days set,

Girlfriends warned,

Unhealthy food bought,

Lets rock!!!

• judasbreedjudasbreed Member Posts: 1

when is the game coming out? This is a little ridiculous they're taking wayyyyy to long. This game does look extremely fun but i can't see the game justfying the wait. It doesnt look like anything revolutionary 

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by judasbreed

when is the game coming out? This is a little ridiculous they're taking wayyyyy to long. This game does look extremely fun but i can't see the game justfying the wait. It doesnt look like anything revolutionary 

Anything revolutionary?? besides the quest and combat your right, but besides that you're completely wrong!!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Why can't someone in the West make a game like this?   

If this does well I expect someone will.  We need to just wait and see now. 

when is the game coming out?

Open Beta: 9/4 - 9/8  | Headstart: 9/12 | Public Launch: 9/16

• RamlachRamlach Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Haven't  touched the betas yet, looking forward to trying this out at launch
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Other than the uneasy feeling that the LP system and the cash shop give me, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Hopefully I'm around after my 90 days are up...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• TrainerMHSTrainerMHS Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Beyond ready! Let's do this! Leeeeeeeroooooyyy!!
  • templegjjtemplegjj Member Posts: 3
    This is one game I really think I'm going to enjoy.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    READY!!!

What are you going to drink on day two?

• NleonNleon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Enjoy your pay 2 win game.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    i really wish they would say something and alter the labor system, if it wasnt for that this would be for me a solid second MMO (FFXIV can be dull shortly after a patch, a bit too simple and samey after a while). but that 5 labor online only for f2p (along with lack of being able to sell on ah) really sucks.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

The wording "At long last" feels a bit iffy.

It's like people don't even care if it's ready for release, as long as they get it sooner.

What I've seen in beta is that they are not ready, they haven't even tested out the changes they planned.  Nor has everything been up to standard.

But hey 'it's just beta', and once release is here most will be solved by the magic wand!

• chaplain64chaplain64 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Nileon, I'm not sure what you think pay 2 win means, but this game is not pay to win. you cant buy power, or weapons. APB, STO are pay to win

In archeage you get 1-50 content, you can buy patron with in game money, so I'm not sure what you really want? I mean they have to make money some how. If they dont make money they shut down and nobody plays. 

when is the game coming out?

Open Beta: 9/4 - 9/8  | Headstart: 9/12 | Public Launch: 9/16

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Im so ready! Cant wait !

I see the haters are already hating Love it.

• truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Nleon

Enough of lies dude.

The number of people spreading lies about this game without any knowledge about how LP works is absurd.

To make it clear. An average player will never even realize the LP existence. You need to be extremely hardcore to become completely empty, and if you really run out, it's time to subscribe, because it shows how much you are enjoying the game.

You pay to regen LP, so you can craft faster. Ok.

The best itens in the game are crafted. Ok (And how can this be considered a bad thing after all?)

People paying will get the best things first. Ok.

The problem is that "get the best items first" is not a P2W element.

Because if "get first" was an P2W element, all games that sell "xp potions" would be considered P2W.

You know, with xp boost you reach the level cap faster, and makes dungeons first , and get the best items first...

Even League Of Legends can be called P2W then. Xp boosts and Ip boosts makes you reach lvl 30 first, and it give you the masteries advantage. And IP boost give you more IP (ofc), and you get your runes first...

P2W is about selling a power that can not be obtained in game. This would never apply to "get something first". 

Nearly all MMOs sell something that makes you get something first, even the P2P ones.

So please, STOP this nosense/lies.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Meh.

Was not successful in Korea, where it launched.

Was not particularly well received in Russia where it went next.

So why should anyone get hyped up about a 2 time loser, that still has a lot of the shortcomings of other similar Asian MMOs?

Yeah, in no hurry to play this one.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Oh, yippee, another crappy MMO coming out. Yes I played it.
  • RivolRivol Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by truewarlord
    Originally posted by Nleon

Enough of lies dude.

The number of people spreading lies about this game without any knowledge about how LP works is absurd.

To make it clear. An average player will never even realize the LP existence. You need to be extremely hardcore to become completely empty, and if you really run out, it's time to subscribe, because it shows how much you are enjoying the game.

You pay to regen LP, so you can craft faster. Ok.

The best itens in the game are crafted. Ok (And how can this be considered a bad thing after all?)

People paying will get the best things first. Ok.

The problem is that "get the best items first" is not a P2W element.

Because if "get first" was an P2W element, all games that sell "xp potions" would be considered P2W.

You know, with xp boost you reach the level cap faster, and makes dungeons first , and get the best items first...

Even League Of Legends can be called P2W then. Xp boosts and Ip boosts makes you reach lvl 30 first, and it give you the masteries advantage. And IP boost give you more IP (ofc), and you get your runes first...

P2W is about selling a power that can not be obtained in game. This would never apply to "get something first". 

Nearly all MMOs sell something that makes you get something first, even the P2P ones.

So please, STOP this nosense/lies.

Mention "pay to win' and it pretty much guarantees a 300 comment thread. Its beyond pathetic, this game is no more P2W than any other mmo on the market.

I suspect most peeps trolling P2W comments will be f2p and are bitter at all the players who will be subbing, so they take one of the games mechanics that they perceive to be unfair (LP) and push the notion that its ruined the game for everyone. Sadly if they keep saying it often enough some people will start to believe it.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    It's far from p2w...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"