Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Roll - Alliance (NA) - Start Date 9/3! (2PM EST)

Comments

• DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Avanah

What about people that already have 90s on that server? (I don't).

How will you know they are feeding their reroll character money, items, bags ect? A TRUE reroll, is starting from scratch, natta, zilch, zip. :)

Edit: Timezone? Projected Raid times?

To be quite honest, there are probably people that have 90's on the server, or people that are going to sell pets to get money and ultimately I'm fine with that. I think the way your interpreting TRUE Re-Roll is just a bit off from what we mean, the TRUE Re-Roll is using the random Gender/Race/Class/Spec generator in the original post.

Starting from scratch however (Which I will be doing as I have no characters on this server) is not needed to capture the community that we're trying to build, does having 40 more bag slots than a guildie make you do more DPS or level faster than them? No. Do you still have to put your personal time in lot with theirs, questing, doing dungeons and PvPing? Yes, you do, and that's  what we're going for here, new and lasting friendships and a great community, will having extra money and bags change that? No, and that's what we're shooting for.

The server we have chosen is PST, so scheduling will revolve around that, though like most guilds we have people from all walks of life with different free times than others. As far as raid times go, we're shooting for 2-3 days a week, a set time will be discussed via forums and just like the Guild Name will be voted upon after sufficient data has been collected.

C'mon Avanah, it'll be fun, I promise! =)

• cheqmatecheqmate Member UncommonPosts: 2

This sounds very interesting.  I've been looking for a reason to come back to the game in advance of WoD.

Quick question: Should we roll our characters in advance of Sept. 3rd or are you planning a mini-event where we log in and roll together?

Male Pandaren Frost Mage incoming!

• angeltx98angeltx98 Member Posts: 1
    sounds awe-some! :) I applied. I've been wanting to feel reconnected to WoW again for the longest time, but I have lost all of my game playing buddies over the years. MoP has been very lonely, but I loved this game so much that I just kept leveling characters over and over and abandoning them at 90. Plus I've been playing horde for far too many years now, so a change of scenery would be fabulous.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This is a really good idea. Breaking leveling to legacy raid will put some meaning behind crafting and such. I remember being being just a little proud when I crafted my 1st epic armor set (The Ebon Nethscale) Maxing the experience out of each expansion instead of blasting through.
    Guess you can't quote on mobile? Oh well!

Cheqmate - You can certainly get your character creation out of the way and be ready to go, but we're holding off on leveling til 9/3 so the guild can all be leveling together, making it easier to group up.

Angeltx- That's why we're here! To fix THAT!

Geezer- Indeed! Even though they're "legacy" epics, it still feels good getting them, no matter the level range!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

How do you plan to account for the different races? So, On 9/3, you wave the checkered flag. But Pandas and Worgren and DKs (A whole separate issue there) are in their own little phased worlds. I'm assuming they will have to go at their own pace and meet up when they can? Obviously, different people will play at different paces.

Also, for me, when I level, it's very important to level all my crafts together.  My general rule of thumb is that All 5 professions are to be raised at 5 pts per level. This keeps them effective during the leveling process and for me, enhances it. But while it makes the leveling experience more memorable, it also slows it down a little. Although I make it up on the back end since I won't have to do much focusing on leveling a craft at the caps. Even still, I will want to do it this way. I know I can keep up with average leveling, but I doubt I'll stay with the advanced levelers, at least until they have to turn around and focus on their crafts.

I'm re installing the game now, I hadn't planned on this until after the expansion released, but, well, I've changed my mind on that.

Anyway, I intend to roll a few different new classes to really try to re acquaint myself with the game and to really make double sure I roll the right class I want to main with. I like all of WoW's classes, and sometimes it's hard to make my mind up. LOL

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Derivative

What about people that already have 90s on that server? (I don't).

How will you know they are feeding their reroll character money, items, bags ect? A TRUE reroll, is starting from scratch, natta, zilch, zip. :)

Edit: Timezone? Projected Raid times?

To be quite honest, there are probably people that have 90's on the server, or people that are going to sell pets to get money and ultimately I'm fine with that. I think the way your interpreting TRUE Re-Roll is just a bit off from what we mean, the TRUE Re-Roll is using the random Gender/Race/Class/Spec generator in the original post.

Starting from scratch however (Which I will be doing as I have no characters on this server) is not needed to capture the community that we're trying to build, does having 40 more bag slots than a guildie make you do more DPS or level faster than them? No. Do you still have to put your personal time in lot with theirs, questing, doing dungeons and PvPing? Yes, you do, and that's  what we're going for here, new and lasting friendships and a great community, will having extra money and bags change that? No, and that's what we're shooting for.

The server we have chosen is PST, so scheduling will revolve around that, though like most guilds we have people from all walks of life with different free times than others. As far as raid times go, we're shooting for 2-3 days a week, a set time will be discussed via forums and just like the Guild Name will be voted upon after sufficient data has been collected.

C'mon Avanah, it'll be fun, I promise! =)

Fair enough...however...

Money DOES buy the best AH/Store items in which the player CAN use to level faster ect. We all know gear matters in WoW...Just an observation.

As for the community part, I like the idea of making new friends and adventuring together.  The random Generator made me an : Female Night Elf Assassination Rogue...hmmm...lol :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

How do you plan to account for the different races? So, On 9/3, you wave the checkered flag. But Pandas and Worgren and DKs (A whole separate issue there) are in their own little phased worlds. I'm assuming they will have to go at their own pace and meet up when they can? Obviously, different people will play at different paces.

Also, for me, when I level, it's very important to level all my crafts together.  My general rule of thumb is that All 5 professions are to be raised at 5 pts per level. This keeps them effective during the leveling process and for me, enhances it. But while it makes the leveling experience more memorable, it also slows it down a little. Although I make it up on the back end since I won't have to do much focusing on leveling a craft at the caps. Even still, I will want to do it this way. I know I can keep up with average leveling, but I doubt I'll stay with the advanced levelers, at least until they have to turn around and focus on their crafts.

I'm re installing the game now, I hadn't planned on this until after the expansion released, but, well, I've changed my mind on that.

Anyway, I intend to roll a few different new classes to really try to re acquaint myself with the game and to really make double sure I roll the right class I want to main with. I like all of WoW's classes, and sometimes it's hard to make my mind up. LOL

Well, Panda's and Worgen are unfortunately stuck in those instanced leveling zones, maybe hit up the forums and see if there is another person or two rolling those races so you can breeze through the content with a guildie? Or convert people to your race! haha.

DK's on the other hand are basically gonna finish out their starting area, and get a couple levels then have to lock their XP - Perfect time to work on professions, rep and gaining currency.

"Advanced" levelers can get to 60 in about roughly 2 days, and I'm sure there are some people in the guild that will do this, and that's totally fine. We're planning to do the 60 stuff roughly 1 week from our start date, so that should be PLENTY of time for someone to level to 60 while working on professions and such.

Money DOES buy the best AH/Store items in which the player CAN use to level faster ect. We all know gear matters in WoW...Just an observation.

As for the community part, I like the idea of making new friends and adventuring together.  The random Generator made me an : Female Night Elf Assassination Rogue...hmmm...lol :)

I would agree that you could level a bit faster if you were buying things off the AH constantly, but with the availability of Dungeon Finder and the blue weapons you can get every so many levels, I think there is less emphasis on "twinking" while leveling.

I'm glad you decided to join! Gonna be fun!

• L0stL0st Member Posts: 77

Hey Deriv

Did you ever accept my application. I never got a email saying it had been accepted or not. Also, do we have a vent or TS channel so we can use to chat and socialize?

Originally posted by L0st

Hey Deriv

Did you ever accept my application. I never got a email saying it had been accepted or not. Also, do we have a vent or TS channel so we can use to chat and socialize?

Did you apply under the name l0st? I don't have any pending applications on the site at the moment, and I haven't turned anyone away thus far.

We have a mumble server, it will be opened up to the guild for general socialization tonight!

• L0stL0st Member Posts: 77
    No, I didnt know what class or name i was going to be so I said Unknown like you told me. lol
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    LOL, I love the irony in that... a gamer named lost whose application was lost due to using the name unknown.
    Originally posted by L0st
    No, I didnt know what class or name i was going to be so I said Unknown like you told me. lol

When you create an account for guildlaunch it doesn't need to be the name of your character,  that is something that's added once you have created a guildlaunch account and applied to the guild.

Having said that, I don't have any pending applications from l0st or Unknown, maybe you should try again?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I am down, however, I will use the random gen.

Alliance Female Gnome Subtlety Rogue

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy

I am down, however, I will use the random gen.

Alliance Female Gnome Subtlety Rogue

Subtlety Rogues are very fun to level! Be sure to app on the site, we're keeping track of everyones race / class / spec and it also helps to know how many people we have.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Have my character made and ready to roll: "Cogheart" Male Gnome Fury Warrior

Who is our contact once we are in game?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by Dauntis

Have my character made and ready to roll: "Cogheart" Male Gnome Fury Warrior

Who is our contact once we are in game?

Great name! Have you been to the forums and applied to the guild? The members list and Mumble information is all there, however main contact will be Predatory.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I am registered under Malphane, my Horde guild on another server has a site on there as well. I haven't actually read anything there, I guess that would help. Thanks.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

No worries Dauntis, we'll get it figured out.
  • SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    I took the plunge. My toon will be a holy paladin named Memla.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Derivative

I would agree that you could level a bit faster if you were buying things off the AH constantly, but with the availability of Dungeon Finder and the blue weapons you can get every so many levels, I think there is less emphasis on "twinking" while leveling.

I'm glad you decided to join! Gonna be fun!

Didn't say I was joining yet. :)

I said I like the idea. It does however sound very fun. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• bluechipdown82bluechipdown82 Member Posts: 1

This sounds pretty sweet, I'm in! Looks like I get to be a female night elf fire mage ha! Name will be solura

Didn't say I was joining yet. :)

I said I like the idea. It does however sound very fun. :)

Well, quit getting my hopes up! (Seriously though, gonna be very fun =P)

Originally posted by bluechipdown82

This sounds pretty sweet, I'm in! Looks like I get to be a female night elf fire mage ha! Name will be solura

Awesome! Fun Fact #34 - Mage is the only class I do not have at 90, just CAN NOT level one of those things!

• Slasher29Slasher29 Member UncommonPosts: 194

i join coming back after a few yrs off