Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What other games are similar to the WotLK period of WoW ( mainly PvP-wise)?

Simet196Simet196 Member Posts: 3
Those who played the expansion know it what it's like, I haven't tried other MMOs and I'm looking for a game with similar mechanics like it was in that expansion.

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    You'll have to be a little more specific about which mechanics you're referring to. WoW's pvp has remained fairly similar throughout it's time: with duels, BG's, and arena for pvp. The only thing that I can think of that was specific to WotLK as far as pvp goes was Wintergrasp.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    From what I remember wotlk pvp time was when I Started every battleground by cranking up my arcane stack and 1 shotting the first 4 players in quick succession with 130k arcane blasts, ahhh sweet times :p

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55

None.

If you're referring to all the loophole mechanics (you're probably not) that WoW had back then which, for the ones/world's top who did experience it made WoW the most competitive MMO ever made, for example vanishing spells, invis'ing spells, fake casts, predicting trinket then stun/blind/sheep, swd blinds/sheep, jump charge, breaking vanish instantly, garrote sap delaying, predict spell reflects, a sense of consequence for casting the wrong spell in pvp, requiring everything to be flawlessly timed and perfected, etc.

No. That game doesn't exist any more, and never will again, because we are a minority. Everything's been dumbed down to make sure everyone feels special, and to make sure good players can barely have the upper hand on bad players because of the spells we now have at our disposal. I don't even think Blizzard understand the masterpiece they created by accident. Now they've "fixed" a lot of stuff, and taken many spells away, for example, the vanish mechanic and everything that went into it, vanish now has a 3 second invincibility after you cast it.

However, if you're referring to the features WoW had back then and simply casual play, then WoW has even more features now, go check it out, feed them more money to even further design the game for the masses.