Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to spend Turbine Points on?

ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
So I have 2.5k TP. I was thinking of grabbing Mines of Moria, but I wasn't 100% on what all that includes. Can I even get to level 50 where MoM starts with the quests that are available to me, or would I still need to buy quest packs to make it that far?

Comments

• zonjimasenzonjimasen Member UncommonPosts: 32

1) Fishslap Emote

2) Groundroll Emote

I don't even play Lotro anymore but these two things are the most satisfying purchase I had from the lotro store. Everytime I try on newer MMO, I wish they had amazing emotes like these.

No, I'm not kidding/trolling. I had the most fun moments doing silly things with these emotes.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by zonjimasen

1) Fishslap Emote

2) Groundroll Emote

I don't even play Lotro anymore but these two things are the most satisfying purchase I had from the lotro store. Everytime I try on newer MMO, I wish they had amazing emotes like these.

No, I'm not kidding/trolling. I had the most fun moments doing silly things with these emotes.

Well, I was sort of looking for what playable content to purchase, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks. :)

• warriorpoet7warriorpoet7 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    So I have 2.5k TP. I was thinking of grabbing Mines of Moria, but I wasn't 100% on what all that includes. Can I even get to level 50 where MoM starts with the quests that are available to me, or would I still need to buy quest packs to make it that far?

I would buy the multi-expansion pack from the LOTRO Market for around 39.99 ... and spend those Turbine points on Account Wide unlocks such as expanded Shared/Wardrobe Storage, Character Slots, Quest Packs, etc ... but only when on sale for get maximum use. 

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by warriorpoet7

I would buy the multi-expansion pack from the LOTRO Market for around 39.99 ... and spend those Turbine points on Account Wide unlocks such as expanded Shared/Wardrobe Storage, Character Slots, Quest Packs, etc ... but only when on sale for get maximum use. 

Do I need quest packs to even make it to 50 where the Mines of Moria expansion begins? If so, which ones do I need?

• itchmonitchmon Member UncommonPosts: 1,949

you don't technically need the quest packs to get to 50 but having them will prevent you from undergoing some major grinding (assuming you aren't subscribing).  if you subscribe you dont need to buy the quest packs.

I think if you subscribe, and use your PT to get mines of moria, you could probly accumulate enough TP by the time you're done with vanilla and moria to buy the next expansion with the "free turbine points" they give you for subbing.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 726

I haven't played for a while but the last time I did, I was using a Premium account, which is the sort you can download for free and unlock various useful things permanently as long as you subscribe for one month.

I was then able to level to around 35 without needing any quest packs but needed to buy a few of them afterwards to take me onto Moria. I think I bought Evendim, Trollshaws and Misty Mountains. I also did all the main storyline quests, which are free to play whether or not you have the quest packs for all areas.

I then bought the Moria expansion, which has a huge amount of content and by the time I was ready to move on Turbine had a special offer where multiple expansions could be bought as a package deal. Finally, I bought the Helms Deep expansions at the end of last year, which I haven't even started yet apart from trying the battles.

It's definitely cheaper to pay as you go as a F2P/Premium customer rather than paying a monthly sub and keep an eye open for the frequent special offers in the cash shop.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,724
    Originally posted by zonjimasen

1) Fishslap Emote

2) Groundroll Emote

Well, I was sort of looking for what playable content to purchase, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks. :)

Great ones indeed :) though the /fishslap you can get for free during the spring festival.

On a more serious note, need a bit more details, are you free or premium, how many characters you have and planned later, etc.

There are 2 versions of Moria in the store. Moria itself is open to you for free, you can do the story quests in there, killing and stuff. There's a purchase for 1500TP which unlocks to you the non-story quests in Moria (hundreds of them, for the easier leveling) and also the deeds, instances, etc., the whole package.

There's an another version for 2500TP, that's the equivalent of buying the Moria expansion for real money from Turbine. For that +1000TPs beyond the regular Moria unlock above, you get +2 character slots, and the extra classes (warden and rune-keeper). If you plan to play those, then it worths to go with the bigger package, since buying them separately, one by one would cost you (with the character slots) more than 2000TP instead of the 1000.

Do I need quest packs to even make it to 50 where the Mines of Moria expansion begins? If so, which ones do I need?

Nope, you can get to level 47 (usually folks start Moria a bit earlier than 50) without quest packs, but with them it's easier and more fun. Since Lone-lands is taking you to 30-32, the most frequent suggestion is Evendim afterwards, it's a good ride from 30 to 42-43. From that point the level 47 is not that far, if you do the (free) story quests in Misty, Forochel and Angmar, you will probably getting near to that level. Or by doing some skirmishes.

But, as others already mentioned, getting the quad-pack from the Market is a better deal, and then you can use the 2500TP for unlocking 4 quest packs (or even 5 if there's a quest pack sale week). Then you'll have almost the full content, and have a much easier experience to level your characters.

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Evendim is such a great zone. Great story, good quest rewards, etc. Once you get to 50 though, yea you'll want the expansions unless you're ok with doing the same skirmishes over and over.

• perran7691perran7691 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I always spent my TP on quest packs when they went on sale and I've never regretted those purchases.

Just an fyi, if you still have that 2.5k TP there's a sale now on the expansions (not the Market ones, the in-game Store ones, for Turbine Point).

Mirkwood is 350TP, Moria is 750TP (or 1250 with the warden and the rune-keeper, which is a great deal), Isengard and Rohan are 1250TP each, and HD is 2150TP.

An another fyi (though not 50%), there's a coupon for the weekend with a 30% on everything:

30% off Cart Coupon:
    Use Coupon Code: DEC14
    2 uses per account

and, there's the regular "expansion, instance, and raid" sale this week for 20% off. But, the coupon is working for those too :)

So if you put an expansion/raid/insta in the cart and then add the coupon, that's a 44% off. (Moria, RoI and Rohan for 1400 and Helm's Deep for 2300ish TP)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Just an fyi, if you still have that 2.5k TP there's a sale now on the expansions (not the Market ones, the in-game Store ones, for Turbine Point).

Mirkwood is 350TP, Moria is 750TP (or 1250 with the warden and the rune-keeper, which is a great deal), Isengard and Rohan are 1250TP each, and HD is 2150TP.

i may be wrong, but i think its more cost effective to get the quad expansion pack for £30 and keep the points for other goodies in game as they pop up?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Bladestrom

i may be wrong, but i think its more cost effective to get the quad expansion pack for £30 and keep the points for other goodies in game as they pop up?

Nope, you're absolutely right, quad pack is still the best for anyone willing to spend some money.

These sales however are for the people with the free-mindset :) who either grind out the TP (during these weekends there are full fellowships organising TP-grind tours) or got TP from anywhere else, as a gift card, won it via a trivia, etc. It's basically a way for Turbine to lower the TP amount accumulated on the balances.

(also the 30% is for anything, so even subscribers can find it useful... I bought a hurried traveller and the final inventory bag already, and still undecided with buying an another char.slot or not :) )

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    The 30% discount is nice - last night I bought the Beornings race, a universal toolkit, extra storage space, and a couple of other things. Since I'd just bought the Mithril edition for £6 and that gave me 2,000 TP, I got an event better bargain.
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by warriorpoet7

You need  

Eriador Quest Pack Bundle

The bundle includes:
    Angmar
    Enedwaith
    Eregion
    Evendim
    Forochel
    Misty Mountains
    North Downs
    Trollshaws

That bundle will get you to level 50