Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Service disruption for U.S and E.U based EVE players.

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Iceland now has continuous seismic activity. http://iceagenow.info/2014/08/non-stop-earthquake-activity-vatnajokull-glacier/

The Askja and Bárðarbunga volcanos are both set to erupt http://www.jonfr.com/volcano/ . One is considered already having small eruptions. Both are expected to have increased activity within the next two weeks.

What do EVE players do when such a event takes place. Is there a alternate game you play?

This post was made to bring it to your attention. And to prepare or modify future actions in game. As I know losses and or gains can be made from such a event.

My sincere best wishes to the EVE player base. Hopefully such a event does not occur. But that is for me at best wishful thinking!

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I think you've watched to many Hollywood movies.

If I remember right there was a serious eruption in Iceland about seven or eight years ago and EVE's service was never effected in the least bit.

The reason.

EVE's servers, what the game is hosted on, are in England.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Well I dont play EVE. I know the company that owns EVE is out of Iceland. So that is good then. As to Hollywood movies, not really! I prefer real events to made up ones!
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

i wouldnt assume that any of the production server is in Iceland to begin with. 

I would assume its a cluster of servers spread around the world in highly populated areas.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Bigger worry is a major disruption of airline travel across northern hemisphere.

Edit: So I guess the volcano did blow....  can't log into EVE or the forums this morning..... image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon