Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Roll - Alliance (NA) - Start Date 9/3! (2PM EST)

DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85
This is a NA server Re-Roll! I apologize for not specifying this initially!

Hello Everyone! As the title suggests I am planning a Re-Roll on a new server, Lightbringer on Alliance side for the upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor! This Re-Roll will ultimately end up as a Raiding guild, focusing more on a 2-3 day raid schedule where people get on, get in and get things done (Preferably in Mythic fashion!).

Having said that, we're a Re-Roll right now! So, everyone is welcome to come join us and make the guild a new home for themselves, make new friends and do some fun stuff along the way, such as legacy raids, PvP and lots and lots of questing / dungeons!

I'm also going to borrow a little feature I seen from a recent Horde Re-Roll on the forums here, it was called TRUE Re-Roll! What is this TRUE Re-Roll? Well, basically it's a little random generator that will select a race/gender/class/spec for you to play! This is not required for this Re-Roll! I included the OPTION to use it, because some people have been playing this game for 10 years (myself) and sometimes a little bit of random can breathe life into a stale class!

To take advantage of the random element, use the link below and select Alliance!

http://jsfiddle.net/aconyteds/aQJza/embedded/result/

Now, the reason I'm not going to force anyone who would like to play with us to use this tool is some people know exactly what they want to play and exactly what they're good at and because eventually we'll have to play these characters at a high caliber level in WoD, so I would not want to force someone to play a class or spec they are not comfortable with.

DETAILS:

No character above the current cap of the guild will be allowed in the guild, keeping the Legacy raiding as authentic as it can be.

As previously stated, we will be Alliance faction. We will be leveling the guild through all content, stopping briefly at Legacy raids to complete guild achievements and get to know guild mates in a raiding environment. This is a good time to test raid awareness, showing up on time and listening to directions, all things that will prepare us even more for WoD content.

PvP will be possible while we are leveling, and is a great way to fill in some gear gaps for when we lock for raids, however let it be known once you lock your experience you get put in a special PvP bracket that is VERY stagnant.

As this is a fresh start for everyone, the guild will only have a leader to begin with, all officer positions and raid lead positions will be filled in game. They will not be handed out, but they will be available for the dedicated few that are interested.

The Guild name is undecided at the moment! As this is something we will ALL be building, I feel we should ALL have a say in it!

The guild has spoken! As you can see by the title, we have collectively decided on <REVIVAL>!!

LEGACY RAIDS:

This Re-Roll will NOT be a race to 90 to do content that all of us have been doing already. We will be stopping a long the way to lock ourselves and participate in level relevant raids, not only to give some a bit of time to catch up but also to learn who we're playing with! Since this will eventually be a raiding guild, we need to know that everyone knows how to STAY OUT OF FIRE and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!

Let's face it though, all of the 60 content is not what it once was, and myself and the others currently involved in this Re-Roll agree that stopping here is a waste of time - We will schedule a night roughly a week after the start of the guild to DESTROY AQ10, AQ40, MC and BWL and then we will continue our endeavors to TBC. The time we spend in TBC content is up in the air, however I would prefer we move through it swiftly so we can concentrate on WOTLK and a bit of Cata for more intense raid mechanics and also more achievements (mounts, titles) for the guild. WE WILL BE STARTING WOD ON TIME!

START DATE:

We are currently planning the official start date and time of this guild to be 9/3 (Wednesday) at 2PM EST. The reason I say planning is, we don't really want to start this beast up without around 20 - 30 people that share the drive to Re-Roll and put the time into developing and cultivating a great guild atmosphere, it would be a good feeling to have multiple guild groups leveling up and not have to worry about getting in that horrible random dungeon finder group!

As of this posting we are 50++ STRONG! If you ever wanted to level up with a group of people THIS is the time to do it!

HEIRLOOMS/RAF:

No to both. We want to keep an even playing field for EVERYONE that wants to Re-Roll with us. We don't want to see a guild group break up because Jimnoob was the only guy without heirlooms and he was the reason you kept getting gnomer over and over and over.

I've also been asked "What about Heirlooms that do not increase XP" The answer is still "No", however, if you reach max level cap and you would like to create an alt, you are free to use whatever you have Heirloom wise on that alt, as long as you do the right thing and remove them while grouping with a guildie that is leveling his first character or does not have Heirlooms.

Monks also receive the daily quest for 50% increased XP - This is just like Heirlooms and will have you out leveling guild mates when you could be getting to know them! Do the quest for the item, and click the buff off!

Also, when we lock for Legacy raiding, Heirlooms will not be allowed, not only to preserve whatever is left of a challenge out of these raids, but also it's a lot cooler to see all those purples that drop get equipped!

Q&A:

"What voice communication software will you be using?"

Mumble will be the guilds voice com, 50 person server already purchased.

"Why aren't you doing the TRUE Re-Roll all the way random?"

We intend to be a raiding guild, and our goal is Mythic. Putting people in a role they are not comfortable with is counter intuitive.

"What if I don't want to level lock and do Legacy raids?"

Then you have missed the point of stopping and doing the legacy raids and this guild is not for you.

"I want to Re-Roll but I want to PvP / focus my garrison in WoD"

That's completely fine! Multiple interests can mingle in the same guild!

"What about DK's? They start at 55?"

DKs will have to lock at 60 and wait for the pack! That's good though, it's time to work on Profs and Reps and anything else!

If you would like to show interest in this Re-Roll and be a part of what I hope becomes a long term guild for Raiders, PvPers and everything in between, drop by this site and fill out a very short app as this will let me keep track of everyone interested. Also, feel free to post in the forums any questions you may have, though I will be checking this post to answer any questions that I can.

http://alliancererollproject.guildlaunch.com/

This site is VERY BAREBONES and unfinished at the moment! It is merely here to judge interest in this Re-Roll project, once enough people have shown interest and we have selected a name, we will move to a bigger and better website!

Comments

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

I am HIGHLY interested in this.

I feel like all people do these days is boost to 60 or Raf, therefore completely negating the point of the game.

Ive been playing since Nov 2003 and i honestly have zero friends that play anymore and every time i come back for a expansion, i just can't seem to get a good foundation under me and create some friends.

• DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85

That's one of the main reasons for this Re-Roll! People take breaks from the game, some longer than others and when they come back they find guilds and friends gone. In this day and age of WoW, it's very easy to come back and find looking for a new guild at max level daunting, which usually leads to LFR by ones self and boredom shortly after.

That's why we're trying to get some like minded people together for this, to get through the "learning to play" with people in a more relaxed setting before we hit the new content. Even if only a handful of people make it to raiding with us in WoD, the guild will have still done it's job in creating a good core to the guild.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    It certainly seems an appealing idea.  Unfortunately there is little to pull me back to the game right now (after an almost complete break of 6-7 years) and until the expansion releases I will not know whether I want to return for any length of time.  
  • L0stL0st Member Posts: 77

I am VERY interested in this and would love to join. :-)

So tell me what I need to do

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Is this European or American servers ?
    Chamber of Chains

Originally posted by L0st

I am VERY interested in this and would love to join. :-)

So tell me what I need to do

You just to to swing by alliancererollproject.guildlaunch.com/ and click the Apply to Guild link in the upper left hand corner of the site. This is a VERY short application and is mainly there for me to have a census of who wants to Re-Roll with us!

Originally posted by cheyane

Sorry about that, Cheyanne. The Re-Roll is US and I have updated the title of the thread to reflect that, thank you!

• The_GekkoThe_Gekko Member UncommonPosts: 28

Good question as there's a Lightbringer server in both NA and Europe.

I'm also extremely interested in this and hope it's in NA :)

Originally posted by The_Gekko

It is indeed NA! I've updated the title and put some bold text in the beginning of the post so i hopefully don't get any more EU peoples hopes up!

• The_GekkoThe_Gekko Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Derivative
    Originally posted by The_Gekko

It is indeed NA! I've updated the title and put some bold text in the beginning of the post so i hopefully don't get any more EU peoples hopes up!

Awesome, count me in then.

EDIT: App is in on website.

Originally posted by PioneerStew
    It certainly seems an appealing idea.  Unfortunately there is little to pull me back to the game right now (after an almost complete break of 6-7 years) and until the expansion releases I will not know whether I want to return for any length of time.  

Don't forget, about a month before the expansion officially releases, they always release a Pre-expansion patch, which includes all of the class and mechanic changes that will be coming in the expansion, could give you an idea if you wanted to stay or not!

After just this morning we have added 12 people to the roster for the Re-Roll! I'm glad people are coming together to be a part of a very fun experience!
  • L0stL0st Member Posts: 77
    <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Derivative"; href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Derivative"; title="View information about Derivative" suhlink"="">Derivative  i sent you you a PM. Please respond to it.  I had some questions for you on it.
    Sent you a reply, l0st!
  • Negat1veNegat1ve Member Posts: 4

I just a have a questions based upon my past experience with a reroll guild (experience being things seemed very short sided and the GM tried to accommodate everyone which intern lead the guild to fall apart) what is going to be different about this guild then any of the other reroll guild?

Originally posted by Negat1ve

I just a have a questions based upon my past experience with a reroll guild (experience being things seemed very short sided and the GM tried to accommodate everyone which intern lead the guild to fall apart) what is going to be different about this guild then any of the other reroll guild?

That's a valid concern Negat1ve!

What I've noticed from Re-Roll guilds as of late, is they Re-Roll with the intent to level to 90 and do heroics. So, what they do is rush through all the content and more importantly they skip over community building for their guild. The main reason we are stopping to do Legacy raids on the way up is to build a community and friendships early in the guilds life, which in turn will only strengthen the guilds foundation when we do become a raiding guild.

As far as your experience with your GM trying to please everyone, I think if he set a clear and concise goal as to what the guild was about and trying to do, he wouldn't have had that problem as anyone that fills out an app and joins a guild is basically agreeing to what you had laid forth, if they don't agree with stopping to do legacy raids, why did they apply? Myself and my officers will certainly listen to the concerns and ideas of anyone in the guild, we are not a dictatorship, however we do have a clear goal for the guild and that could bend to great ideas, but it will not break and become directionless.

The guild is up to 24 members after just 1 day of recruiting! Let's keep this going and have one helluva good time being able to play with a TON of people!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

What is your plan to for when all the class changes in 6.0 come out and many will want to change?

Believe it or not, this thread actually has me considering renewing

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What is your plan to for when all the class changes in 6.0 come out and many will want to change?

Believe it or not, this thread actually has me considering renewing

We've actually been talking about that already, Geezer! Ultimately we're making this guild to build new friendships and have fun along the way. If for some reason you think that you would be happier playing a different character along the way, we're fine with you playing what you like (As long as you realize we won't be holding up the guild as a whole while you catch up =P)

Once WoD is out and we're a "raiding" guild, I think it would be better if people had figured out what they wanted to play while we were leveling up and doing legacy raids! Not when they would have to commit time to another 100 levels to get back into the raid.

• Negat1veNegat1ve Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Derivative
    Originally posted by Negat1ve

That's a valid concern Negat1ve!

What I've noticed from Re-Roll guilds as of late, is they Re-Roll with the intent to level to 90 and do heroics. So, what they do is rush through all the content and more importantly they skip over community building for their guild. The main reason we are stopping to do Legacy raids on the way up is to build a community and friendships early in the guilds life, which in turn will only strengthen the guilds foundation when we do become a raiding guild.

As far as your experience with your GM trying to please everyone, I think if he set a clear and concise goal as to what the guild was about and trying to do, he wouldn't have had that problem as anyone that fills out an app and joins a guild is basically agreeing to what you had laid forth, if they don't agree with stopping to do legacy raids, why did they apply? Myself and my officers will certainly listen to the concerns and ideas of anyone in the guild, we are not a dictatorship, however we do have a clear goal for the guild and that could bend to great ideas, but it will not break and become directionless.

Sounds good I will definitely put in an application.

Sounds good I will definitely put in an application.

Sounds great, man. I'm sure we'll all have a great time, closing in on 30 members now!

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I applied and used the random generator for my race/class/spec/sex

male gnome fury warrior

Haven't played a dps warrior and haven't done melee dps in a while, should be a blast.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by Dauntis

I applied and used the random generator for my race/class/spec/sex

male gnome fury warrior

Haven't played a dps warrior and haven't done melee dps in a while, should be a blast.

DPS warriors are certainly fun! And a GNOME warrior should be double the fun! Thanks for joining up!

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Have you started the guild yet, I got female human windwalker monk, think that would be fun.
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Have you started the guild yet, I got female human windwalker monk, think that would be fun.

No sir! Our official Re-Roll launch date is 9/3 at 2PM EST!

We're giving ourselves just under a week to recruit people ready for the Re-Roll so that when we launch, there will be TONS of guildies to quest, do dungeons and PVP with!

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

What about people that already have 90s on that server? (I don't).

How will you know they are feeding their reroll character money, items, bags ect? A TRUE reroll, is starting from scratch, natta, zilch, zip. :)

Edit: Timezone? Projected Raid times?

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."