Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

physics in ArcheAge. Then and Now

KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

So I first got interested in ArcheAge way back in 2010 when they released a tech demo of a guy nuking a bridge area and bouncing around on it.

Video Link here.... 

Since then I have seen some nice details in the game like ships using ancors to do all sorts of interesting things. Also gliders. I have not seen much climbing in the game which I also saw tech demos of and would be nice to see.

My point here is...are they just getting warmed up, or did they change the direction of the game after seeing actual frame rate take a hit on when testing this stuff?

I hope to see more physics in the game. It really does add to immersion when done well. Would be nice to be able to blow stuff to rubble like the tech demo suggests. Maybe that's what the castle sieges will be like?

Comments

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

There are already some nice physics in the game that don't necessarily affect the gameplay, other than to add to the immersion:

Horses' legs buckle when going from a full run to a stop.

Trees fall in a direction pushed by a player when chopped.

Corpses are ragdolled and roll down hills or can be kicked by people - no mysterious floating bodies hanging off the sides of steps.

Gliders and sails flutter with the wind and higher speeds.

Harpoons pull things in, or ships closer.

Characters stances adjust to terrain heights - one leg will bend variable amounts while the other is straight while standing on hillsides.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Its a Demo and nothing in it is in the game.

Just some pre animated things witch have nothing to do with physics.

The cape you wear looks like you are walking around with a ironing board on your back its terrible.

So physics yes, but tnot where it actualy should be.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by breadm1x

Its a Demo and nothing in it is in the game.

so they removed the destructibility shown in that video? LAME!

i didnt play enough in beta to find anything that could be destroyed so i dont know. But i hope they keep it in game.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Was wondering the same thing myself. I remember that vid with the nuked bridge and climbing up come rocks to get out of the water. But i saw nothing of them in all the launch vids from Korea so i just figured they removed that feature.

I also remember the Ferre looking different (imo better) 3 years ago too. Dont know why the hell they changes them. If someone has a link that that explanation, id love to read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-NbJF4G8s

Creation vid from back in 2011. Human, Elves and Ferre. You can tell they have changed these looks. Dont know if it was for the better but nothing can be done about it now =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdF6-tabEU8