Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Living Story

SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

I played GW2 a couple of months at launch, raising my char up to 55 lvl and then stopped. After that, I  m logging in every time a patch drops in to game just to check the state of it, but i haven't played at all to have an opinion about the game for more than a year.

I have some more free time now and i can play 2 mmo's in the same time, so i m thinking of starting a new char and play it again. One thing it makes me skeptical of it is the so many negative comments about living story. I haven't played it and i don't know what exactly living story is and why ppl thinks so negative about it.

Anyway if someone can help, i would ask for the general state of the game comparing with the early launch months and what's all this about living story.

Thank you.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Comments

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407

The living story is actually very well written and the new zones are very beautiful and well done. You'll have a blast doing that portion of the game.  But it's the only part of the game that receives regular updates hence the negative comments.

Every other part of the game feels abandoned.

To give you an example, WvW has not received an update in 6 months. It will be receiving it's first update in two weeks which will bring new color commander badges and siege golem mastery.  Six months of waiting for new colors and a siege mastery line that few want. If you're an active WvW player, as I am, it's hard to feel inspired by their lack of effort.

While I don't actively play sPvP, do dungeons or roleplay, I do know that those sections of the playerbase feel equally neglected. There hasn't been a new dungeon path released since TA: Aetherblade back in October 2013. There still has not been a new sPvP mode released since the game's launch in Aug 2012. The RP community choose to gather to server Tarnished Coast to fill their RP needs but this was destroyed by the release of megaservers a few months back, nothing has been done to allow them to reestablish.

But the Living Story is great. You'll enjoy it and you'll enjoy the other modes if you haven't played through them before. But for the most part, it's still the same game that was released 2 years ago.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Thank you very much :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2