Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i paid for an online Final Fantasy...

IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

And i got exactly what i paid for, an online Final Fantasy experience.

FFXIV is not my favorite MMO, and it has it´s fair share of flaws and short-comings, but somehow, it is one of the very few MMO´s that made me feel like i truly got my money´s worth.

Everything, from the lands, to the FF9´esque towns,  to the music, to the popular monsters and nostalgia boss fights, to the traditional, classic FF era "kingdom at war/world in danger due to unsealed meanie" story, just  screams classic Final Fantasy.

I do not even play it every day, but whenever the nostalgy bug bites, and i feel like living some classic JRPG adventure, i  boot the game, engage myself into some of my yet-to-complete storylines (yay for Hildy) and feel just "at home"

It may not be the perfect MMO but it certainly is an excellent online final fantasy, and that, in the end, is what i wanted from it.

Comments

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

Hello OP! Nice post =) I started playing when it was first released with just one friend of mine and kept going for 3 months pretty much online. Last month I was here and there with the game but the point is that I agree with you about the "home" feeling. I've been thinking about giving it a boot lately. The problem with that is, I have some great games to finish, the Witcher 2 being one of them  =*() and Destiny is just round' the corner ^^. I am intrigued though.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The game was very hit n miss for me.Some areas of the design are very good some are,well they look like the original rushed product.

I will mention perhaps my biggest peeve,it is something i thought about and why i decided to leave the game.Well actually a lot for the design is flawed because i was spoiled by a much better FFXI.However the why is the Avatar fights/grinding.A constant instance gear grind is a huge no no for me,i don't like anything Blizzard did in Wow so i won't like similar ideas in FFXIV either.

Then to add insult to injury,taking that Avatar fight and locking you into this very small Octagon "no not the UFC one :P" made it look so rushed and cheesy.At least in FFXI you would actually get the Avatar to use instead of grinding some gear just so you can advance to the next tier and so on and so on...a huge no way for me.Sadly that is pretty much the only reason players were login every day,i knew that was not for me and then add to that i would never be able to afford a house,i said cya.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.