Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Year Anniversary Free Login Campaign! 8/22 ~ 9/1

KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

As the title suggests, in celebration of FFXIV's one year anniversary, previous players are allowed to come back for free for about a week and a half.

Interested in finding out what's been happening while you've been gone? Been thinking about coming back but didn't want to throw in that $12.99 quite yet?

Check out the website for more!

One Year Anniversary Free Login Campaign!

Comments

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    will log in just so my house doesn't get delted or taken away from me.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This couldn't have came a better time. Lol I was just about to reactive my toon this week. Good thing I saw this, thanks mate.
  • Originally posted by Albatroes
    This couldn't have came a better time. Lol I was just about to reactive my toon this week. Good thing I saw this, thanks mate.

Same here, awesome timing..

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

No problem!  It has already started, so go ahead and try and log in!

I just started playing again recently so I figured that other people out there might've had an itch as well.

• NeocasterNeocaster Member UncommonPosts: 24

Are there new servers for new players? 

My only hesitation has been playing game where everyone is already maxed out.

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Neocaster

Are there new servers for new players? 

My only hesitation has been playing game where everyone is already maxed out.

I'm seeing a large influx of new players on my server, so I wouldn't be too worried about being left behind.  Plus, not a lot of people have everything maxed out... Even people in my Free Company (the game's version of guilds) who have been playing since release don't have everything maxed.  

• NeocasterNeocaster Member UncommonPosts: 24

Thanks,

I started playing again. Realized, I hadn't played since 1.0 so had to start from scratch. 

I am level 14 now and I am unable to do leaves, is that normal ? 

Also, I do see a lot of players in low level zones but most are twinks. 

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    getting 2002 and 5006 errors.  is it my pc or just for this week its having issues or did they ever fix this? (ive been gone 8 months)

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by time007
    getting 2002 and 5006 errors.  is it my pc or just for this week its having issues or did they ever fix this? (ive been gone 8 months)

It may be something that's happening this week, or your computer.  I've not had any errors since launch, and haven't heard of anything regarding that.  With the free week, it's likely that they are being hammered again.  Which comes as a surprise to me, to be honest.  Didn't think there was such a strong attraction by non-subscribers that it would cause problems again.

Especially since the Free Trial was announced a little while ago, and people had the opportunity to play.  Though I guess a chance to play a P2P game for free -- without restriction -- is enough to come back and see it's improvements.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

It may be something that's happening this week, or your computer.  I've not had any errors since launch, and haven't heard of anything regarding that.  With the free week, it's likely that they are being hammered again.  Which comes as a surprise to me, to be honest.  Didn't think there was such a strong attraction by non-subscribers that it would cause problems again.

Especially since the Free Trial was announced a little while ago, and people had the opportunity to play.  Though I guess a chance to play a P2P game for free -- without restriction -- is enough to come back and see it's improvements.

I got in, at midnight, just now. too bad I have to go to work tomorrow morning and can't play, hah!  so it was their stupid lobby issue. hahah

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

I got in, at midnight, just now. too bad I have to go to work tomorrow morning and can't play, hah!  so it was their stupid lobby issue. hahah

Well, luckily you still have some time let with the free week.  :3

Also, it doesn't log you out of game if you just AFK out.  So you can just do that inside your Inn room / Free Company House / the player room in the Free Company house until you get back to your computer if you'd like.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.