Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The latest content update is genius idea really.

BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Its genius how Bioware with this patch made all older group content viable again. All the FP that were ignored earlier are active again. Even as a DPS i get groups very quickly now. Everyone has a something to gain from the group content.

People must really love housing! image

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Housing is great, but I wouldn't call it a "genius idea", especially when people were asking for it since launch...

On a second thought, there's a genius part in it: that they finally listened and put it in the game :)

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Housing is great, but I wouldn't call it a "genius idea", especially when people were asking for it since launch...

On a second thought, there's a genius part in it: that they finally listened and put it in the game :)

I said its genius in the way it has been implemented. let us take example of Rift. it also added housing later on but that didn't make the old ignored group content meaningful again.

In SWTOR, Bioware added something (related to housing) to every old group content. Whether it is the crafting mats or housing items itself.. people are doing it again.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Po_gg

I said its genius in the way it has been implemented. let us take example of Rift. it also added housing later on but that didn't make the old ignored group content meaningful again.

In SWTOR, Bioware added something (related to housing) to every old group content. Whether it is the crafting mats or housing items itself.. people are doing it again.

Yep, a lot of useless mats like green crystals and underworld cloth are suddenly valuable again too.

Damn shame I fed thousands of them to the vendors over the years. >.<

Now I'm actually going through my stock of them and sending my companions out to get more.

The Legacy storage is also doing wonders for my crafters, since a lot of them only have two out of three "essential" skills for whatever craft they have (the third one often being slicing).

No longer having to alt hop and mail over underworld goods whenever one of those characters ran out is just glorious. Needless to say I'm very happy with the latest update.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Just a shame they looked at Turbine's LOTRO for housing ideas, instead of SOE's EverQuest 2 and went for the horrible "hook" system, instead of free Furniture placement like in EQ2. :-(

The hook system is terrible and extremely limited. People have been complaining for years for Turbine to change it in LOTRO.

So eventho it's nice they finally implemented housing in the game. Just a shame how they did it. :-(

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I agree with OP. All FPs are now good to go as all of them drop Stormhold items.  Also... something of a surprise and I should probably keep it for myself /grin. I was yesterday on Ilem and came up on the chest - just to find out that it dropped dark datacron (for housing)... now there is a point again to hcheck chests on probably every planet again LOL.

My legacy storage (all 5 bays) is full of crafting materials. I started to work on organizing it and I will probably keep only one or 2 stacks of same mats and feed it if needed.

Also the useless for me before jawa vendors using jawa scraps ended up as NPCs in my Tatooine Strongold. I have so much of the scapped parts I will need them. Also I got bunch of rakata energy modes for Dark projects from them so I can get my ships unlockes.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

I agree with OP. All FPs are now good to go as all of them drop Stormhold items.  Also... something of a surprise and I should probably keep it for myself /grin. I was yesterday on Ilem and came up on the chest - just to find out that it dropped dark datacron (for housing)... now there is a point again to hcheck chests on probably every planet again LOL.

My legacy storage (all 5 bays) is full of crafting materials. I started to work on organizing it and I will probably keep only one or 2 stacks of same mats and feed it if needed.

Also the useless for me before jawa vendors using jawa scraps ended up as NPCs in my Tatooine Strongold. I have so much of the scapped parts I will need them. Also I got bunch of rakata energy modes for Dark projects from them so I can get my ships unlockes.

Every planet drops specific datacrons, and apparently they can come from just about anything.

I got a few Light Datacrons on Alderaan out of the heroic reward boxes lol, and even had a mob drop one at some point. O.O

This gives me a reason to go through every planet again at some point and complete my "Murder x amount of those mobs" achievements. =P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Just a shame they looked at Turbine's LOTRO for housing ideas, instead of SOE's EverQuest 2 and went for the horrible "hook" system, instead of free Furniture placement like in EQ2. :-(

The hook system is terrible and extremely limited. People have been complaining for years for Turbine to change it in LOTRO.

So eventho it's nice they finally implemented housing in the game. Just a shame how they did it. :-(

i do agree with you i would prefer free placement.  but Swtor hook system is 100 times better then Lotro  there is hooks all over the place and you can even change the hooks and you can move stuff around with in the hooks so its not that bad

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by heider89

i do agree with you i would prefer free placement.  but Swtor hook system is 100 times better then Lotro  there is hooks all over the place and you can even change the hooks and you can move stuff around with in the hooks so its not that bad

I use LotRO's housing a LOT (and also was part of the voices requesting a revamp), but I agree with heider. Hook system doesn't equal bad (or "horrible" as you wrote) housing by default.

And I think TOR's implementation seems pretty flexible. I'm seriously thinking about subbing back for a longer period than a month :)

edit: oh, before I swing too much to the positive side, I still think the f2p system is awful and still couldn't care less about the endgame or WZ or GSF  :D  just for the record.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Every planet drops specific datacrons, and apparently they can come from just about anything.

I got a few Light Datacrons on Alderaan out of the heroic reward boxes lol, and even had a mob drop one at some point. O.O

This gives me a reason to go through every planet again at some point and complete my "Murder x amount of those mobs" achievements. =P

LOL, so far I got 100% completion just on Dromund Kaas and Corriban... what a shame. I am going to get all competions I guess /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by heider89

Well that sounds a bit more optimistic. :)

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Id prefer housing in a persistent world to this instanced...things.

Originally posted by IG-88

That's your prerogative. Though I personally like instanced housing.

• LovrNoFightrLovrNoFightr Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by IG-88

I believe most players would agree with you.

SWG had a wonderful and immersive housing system. It allowed players to really explore their creative sides. The work behind some of the interior decor was nothing short of amazing.

SWG pre cu - never forgotten.