Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE's Smedley's plane receives bomb threat?!

zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Here's the Kotaku article

What does everyone here make of this?

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Hopefully this makes Smedley doubt his life choices and retire to be with his children.

I think there is a joke to be found here considering all the bombed updates under Smedley's direction.

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    SWG fan.  
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

This is ridiculous, a bomb threat, really?

I get that people get upset over things but.. Jesus christ, a bomb threat over games?

Absolutely pathetic.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Varex12
    SWG fan.  

Damn you! From the moment I saw this thread's title I intended to post that. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by GrayImpact

I get that people get upset over things but.. Jesus christ, a bomb threat over games?

Absolutely pathetic.

I agree.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    It was a Pre-CU Droid engineer...guarenteed!

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

There reason for doing so seems to be >> "Sony, yet another large company, but they aren't spending the waves of cash they obtain on their customers' PSN service. End the greed."

Now in my opinion if these people calles Lizard Squad actually would have been true hackers they would have given all acces to all sony online activities. Instead they choose not to be hackers but just some people who don't care who they target. There for they make themselfs online terrorist again in my opinion.

To me hackers can be good especially when exposing things.All LS did was take away some entertainment for allot of people because SONY still got paid regardless thus the only harm done was mostly to it's customers and not so much to the company.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by GrayImpact

Absolutely pathetic.

It's from a group of people that are DDoSing a bunch of servers while calling themselves hackers that will destroy corporations.

The standards... they are not high.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

The rate things are going, these so called hackers are just giving the goverments even more fuel to take full control over the internet and once that happens your right to use the internet will no longer be a right but something that can easily be permently taken away and moderated to a point where you can not do anything without multiple other people watching over you.

Also wanted to point out that DDoSing a service is not a huge thing to the FBI and other areas similar poice. But calling in a bomb threat with everything that is going on around the world and after 9/11 is really going to bring the goverment down hard on these people that are doing this. I think they have really stepped over a line they are going to wish they didn't step over. Just my opinion though.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Cleffy

Hopefully this makes Smedley doubt his life choices and retire to be with his children.

I think there is a joke to be found here considering all the bombed updates under Smedley's direction.

I really hate my species sometimes

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by Reklaw

There reason for doing so seems to be >> "Sony, yet another large company, but they aren't spending the waves of cash they obtain on their customers' PSN service. End the greed."

Now in my opinion if these people calles Lizard Squad actually would have been true hackers they would have given all acces to all sony online activities. Instead they choose not to be hackers but just some people who don't care who they target. There for they make themselfs online terrorist again in my opinion.

To me hackers can be good especially when exposing things.All LS did was take away some entertainment for allot of people because SONY still got paid regardless thus the only harm done was mostly to it's customers and not so much to the company.

I agree, the attitude of these "hackers" is what annoys me more than what they do, self righteous, smug little twits that put their agendas before others, may the FBI track them down and exile them to a desert island with no internet... not even dial-up.

• walkerc591walkerc591 Member Posts: 1
    totally unnecessary and ridiculous.
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by zevni78

Here's the Kotaku article

What does everyone here make of this?

There have always been a lot of crazy people out there; unfortunately these days they have access to the internet.  

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Reklaw

I agree, the attitude of these "hackers" is what annoys me more than what they do, self righteous, smug little twits that put their agendas before others, may the FBI track them down and exile them to a desert island with no internet... not even dial-up.

Agreed 100%. These "hackers" are playing right into the hands of those who want to end net neutrality. 

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Somebody stupidly thought this was a fun little joke. The authorities take every bomb threat seriously and the law doesn't have a sense of humor when it comes to making bomb threats - not a minor offense. Wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the person that did that.