Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you waiting for?

L0stL0st Member Posts: 77

The past 2 years have been pretty dry for MMOs.. (In my opinion) I bought and tried to play TESO but just couldn't get into it. Wildstar I canceled my preordered after beta cause it didn't hook me like others, and ArcheAge doesn't seem to be for me either.  I know some people love those games and that's fine, they're just not for me.

I know lots of people are in the same boat I am in and waiting for the next around of MMOs to be released. Personally, I'm to give EQNext a try and see how it turns out.

What future MMO are you waiting on?

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Participating in the DayZ Standalone Alpha and waiting on it's full release! 1000 HR's logged in the Alpha.

With probably try Pathfinder Online and Gloria Victus when they are finished.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think im just waiting for Warlords of Draenor.

Ive been waiting for EQNext, but after playing Landmark i have to say that if EQNext is just like Landmark then im probably not going to like it. I like the terraforming mechanics but i feel the game itself doesnt play like a fun game. The recent combat videos strenghtened that feeling instead of relieving it.

So outside of Draenor im not sure im really waiting for any brand new mmo. Ill try Black Desert for sure, it looks pretty good, but im not getting hyped about it. We all know how hard the hypetrain crashes ever time something new gets in the way.

I want Blade and Soul to finally come to NA but after playing the Chinese open beta the questing is as bad as Tera so im not that excited for that game anymore, plus it looks like it will be dated by the time ti comes to NA.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Why "wait" for any MMOs? There are plenty of other fun games to play.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

EQN is the next on the horizon for me that I can see.  This is the sparsest period for MMOs on memory.  There were at least streams of B games that were playable that came out in the past, but even the fun B's aren't hitting the market. 

Nothing really wrong with a period where I do not play MMOs though.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Shh...we're talking MMOS here, there are no equal forms of entertainment.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

you can always wait for something new while playing a current game.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

There's nothing on the horizon that i'm interested in because its a new age of mmorpgs, and they don't make the type of games i like anymore anyway.

Having said that EQN looks fun and i guess i am anticipating that, Even if its a 3 month throw away i would be happy.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I'm currently wanting to try our Black Desert and EQN, and waiting for the release of Warlords of Draenor for my main MMO.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Top of my list would be:  Star Citizen, EQNext

Keeping a loose eye on a few of the sandboxier types: Gloria Victis, Albion Online, Life is Feudal, etc.

I'm still waiting for a legitimate sandbox game with decent crafting/trades/player-economy  where I can run my own shops in the open world(like UO, SWG and them).  You'd think such an old and known feature set would appear more often.

I just want to be that guy who owns/runs that weapons shop up on that hill near that place. :p

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

It's so depressing to realize that Warlords of Draenor is the only thing I'm waiting for.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    OP, I think you have a long wait on Next. I bet its a good year before it launches. I wouldn't be too anxious anyway, from what I've seen it looks like a CF, and is going to cater to all ages under 10. Think this is going to be a huge disappointment to a lot of people, and a LOT are now.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    The only MMOs I'm waiting for are Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.  Sword and Sorcery type MMOs are getting old and I'm ready to get back to my roots in gaming.  That doesn't mean I'm not currently enjoying a few other MMOs at the moment.  However, if SC or ED sweep me away then so be it.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I am waiting for the Oculus Rift and Galaxy VR

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Civilization MMO.

not lying. with WoD cancelled, what else is there to wait for?

WoD was the only one I was waiting on... all of the others I'm pretty "blah" about.

Recently EQ Next's storybricks has caught my attention though... but it's still a very big "maybe", since judging by everything I've heard about the other EQ games, I would've absolutely hated those games. And I can't see EQN being completely different from its predecessors.

So I'll be sticking with SWTOR for the foreseeable future.

Unless we're counting Heroes of the Storm as an MMO, since I'll most definitely check that one out.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by rodingo
    The only MMOs I'm waiting for are Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.  Sword and Sorcery type MMOs are getting old and I'm ready to get back to my roots in gaming.  That doesn't mean I'm not currently enjoying a few other MMOs at the moment.  However, if SC or ED sweep me away then so be it.

Sta Citizen has some promising things, and I was actually liking what I read until I got to the whole "Your character WILL die eventually and get replaced by his progeny", which was a major turn-off.

I don't think I could get very attached to my characters if they're going to die the whole time and constantly get replaced by other people.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Lokero

I'm still waiting for a legitimate sandbox game with decent crafting/trades/player-economy  where I can run my own shops in the open world(like UO, SWG and them).  You'd think such an old and known feature set would appear more often.

I just want to be that guy who owns/runs that weapons shop up on that hill near that place. :p

That sounds a lot like the game I've been waiting for - The Repopulation. Give it a look!

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Civilization MMO.

WoD was the only one I was waiting on... all of the others I'm pretty "blah" about.

Recently EQ Next's storybricks has caught my attention though... but it's still a very big "maybe", since judging by everything I've heard about the other EQ games, I would've absolutely hated those games. And I can't see EQN being completely different from its predecessors.

So I'll be sticking with SWTOR for the foreseeable future.

Unless we're counting Heroes of the Storm as an MMO, since I'll most definitely check that one out.

agreed.....WoD was the only thing in the queue worth waiting for.

For gaming in general I am waiting for Oculus Rift but in MMOs something needs to change radically because most of it is so boring.

In fact, at this point in my gaming life if a player cant  realistically game without engaging in combat and/or the game doesnt have the Oculus Rift then its a pass for me. I am so fucking tired of murder simulators. year after year after year fuck me

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

this! well perhaps not making weapons, but running a vendor selling clothes near that place!

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Civilization MMO.

This one?

http://cryengine.com/showcases/civilization-online

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I'm waiting for the return of good television programs, I think cash shops have spoiled what was a good thing in video games for me and I don't have much of a desire to participate anymore.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Waiting for Kingdom Come Deliverance.
  • klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    The Repopulation, H1Z1 and EQN.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• DimTheDungeonMasterDimTheDungeonMaster Member UncommonPosts: 21

wondering why no one is playing wildstar?

• wiscelwiscel Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Still haven't found a good replacement for Warhammer Online, tried GW2, ESO, Rift but those didnt came close. Setting hopes for W40K Eternal Crusade late 2015.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Top of my list would be:  Star Citizen, EQNext

Keeping a loose eye on a few of the sandboxier types: Gloria Victis, Albion Online, Life is Feudal, etc.

The Repopulation is attempting to have a strong crafting progression path along with your own towns. So too is Pathfinder Online with Player-Created settlements (and buildings).

I can see the appeal of both EQN and SC. But I think Pathfinder will be more my thing for fantasy and SC will be for sci-fi, personally.