Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player interested in Level 90 boost

AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

Hello,

I've played lots of MMOs in the previous years, like every AAA-MMORPG except for WoW. Now I'm thinking of trying it out but I'm not that much interested in starting from the very beginning. I see myself as a good, fast learning player, so I think I may handle how to play a certain character, even from level 90 on. 

My question is if anyone of you has tried it already, with the background of being a new player. What was your experience? Would you recommend it to new players as well?

Kind regards

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Being a dps you will be fine. Healing is the next step and does not take too long once you learn the spells. Tanking is easy with your new 90 in 5 mans if you understand taunting...raid tanking takes more time and deeper understanding of all tank abilities.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

as a brand new player to WoW i would suggest to level from 0 at least one character, then boost another one. The leveling is the same old same old but if you like story in games  you will find a lot of quests with very good warcraft story behind them.

If you just want to jump to max level that is fine altohugh it doesnt take very long to reach lvl 90 unless you really take your time (like me). When Draenor launches, at max level all you have to do is the new quests for the expansion to hit lvl 100 plus the typical dungeons, raids, and pvp if you are into that. Old players like the idea of one character boost because they have leveled too many characters already from scratch so its fine to have an instant free boost.

So yeah, if you are a new player, play both, one 90 boost character and one from scratch at least to get to know the beautiful world, story behind races, cities, etc... its fun to do it at least once or twice.

EDIT: Even though the questing in wow is generic, something i like a lot about the game is that you can level a bunch of characters and never repeat the same quests with each character and there are more than one map of the same level ranges so you ahve options to see different stuff with each character you level.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Absolutely agree with the above post.

I would actually suggest that you do the trial before you even buy the game - in case you don't like it. You can play multiple characters / classes. WoW is a big game that has benefited from multiple expansions and content drops.

And even with the boost to 90 you will be behind the drag curve.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Just level 1-90, it's a fun experience the first time around!