Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insta level 90 boost question?

dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

So its my understanding that we'll all get the option to instantly boost any character to level 90. I was wondering however is this a one time thing? What I mean by that is:

Say i want to create a level 90 Warrior..then after playing for awhile I realize I'm not really feeling the Warrior very much. If i delete that character, am I then free to create a different level 90 character??? 

Comments

• GrimshadyGrimshady Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I'm pretty sure you would have to fork over $60 to do that.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    One free 90 for Preorder WoD expansion. If you delete the toon you use the 90 boost on its gone. You will not get another without paying for it. If I remember right the cost is 60 dollars per 90 boost. So be absolutely sure what you use your free boost on is a class you can see yourself playing. Or get ready to pump out money for another boost.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    keep your eyes open in case Blizzard does another beta key giveaway event with a site like this one. If you are lucky that is a good way to try all classes at 90 with Draenor changes.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    So if I don't preorder then I don't get a free 90 character? Like if the expansion comes out and a month later i go out and buy it then i don't get my level 90 toon?
  • MaxisDBMaxisDB Member UncommonPosts: 78
    From my understanding that is correct.. if you do not pre purchase the expansion you do not get the free 90 boost. 

well thats shitty..

• ravenmystravenmyst Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by dyermaker714
    So if I don't preorder then I don't get a free 90 character? Like if the expansion comes out and a month later i go out and buy it then i don't get my level 90 toon?

No that is not correct, you get the boost when you buy the expac regardless of when you buy it.  The free lvl 90 boost is part of your purchase when you buy the expac.  If they decide to remove it they will say that they are till then you can buy the expac a year after it comes out and still get the free lvl 90 boost.

Space available for rent.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    90 levels of anything is too long hahah.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    They made leveling in WoW so easy,  you can do it with your eyes closed and reach 90 in no time. the 90 boost really isn't an advantage anymore.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by dyermaker714

well thats shitty..

you can still reach 90 through playing the game though...

Liar liar pants on fire.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I would agree that getting to 90 is not a fast experience - especially if you have never played and cannot "twink" a new character.

However I would question why anyone who hasn't played the game would want to. There is a lot to enjoy getting to level 90.

If you already have a level 90 or several - I suppose you might want the boost because you have grown weary of the journey but otherwise ....

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    If you're new to the game I'd suggest playing the classes from 1-20 before deciding which one you want to boost. By L20 you'll have a good idea of how each class plays.
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

The instant level 90 is part of the WoD expansion for every single box/key sold regardless of pre-order or not.

If you create a level 90 and then delete it your instant level 90 has already been used and you will not get another one.

If you want another level 90 you have to either level one or pay for the boost. remember if you have a character of level 60 or above and use the boost you will also get your primary professions and first aid maxed to 600 too.

Originally posted by gervaise1

I would agree that getting to 90 is not a fast experience - especially if you have never played and cannot "twink" a new character.

However I would question why anyone who hasn't played the game would want to. There is a lot to enjoy getting to level 90.

If you already have a level 90 or several - I suppose you might want the boost because you have grown weary of the journey but otherwise ....

I definitely agree that the leveling experience is a joy in itself especially if you haven't done it before. I've taken a couple toons to max level in the past and while I still plan to level a few characters the old fashioned way (especially classes that have some of the cooler "milestones" as you level such as warlocks and getting new pets) I wouldn't mind having a couple level 90 toons for classes i've always wanted to try but didn't feel like leveling such as the Paladin or Warrior. At least its an option now as opposed to having to go through the same zones/quests over and over. I'm looking forward to this expansion and the updated character models look wonderful. Bout time

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Dranny

remember if you have a character of level 60 or above and use the boost you will also get your primary professions and first aid maxed to 600 too.

worth repeating

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Just FYI, anyone who buys the WoD expansion gets a free boost to 90.  It is not linked to pre-order.  Anyone who pre-orders WoD can use their free 90 boost BEFORE WoD actually goes live.  In other words, EVERYONE gets ONE FREE character boost to 90 with the expansion.  How they use it, or not, is up to them.  Additional character boosts will cost $60 per character.

Level 90 Character Boost - Battle.net Support

What all you get with said boost is listed in the link above.

Originally posted by Pepeq

Just FYI, anyone who buys the WoD expansion gets a free boost to 90.  It is not linked to pre-order.  Anyone who pre-orders WoD can use their free 90 boost BEFORE WoD actually goes live.  In other words, EVERYONE gets ONE FREE character boost to 90 with the expansion.  How they use it, or not, is up to them.  Additional character boosts will cost $60 per character.

Level 90 Character Boost - Battle.net Support

What all you get with said boost is listed in the link above.

Awesome info. Thanks for the great post!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Dranny
    remember if you have a character of level 60 or above and use the boost you will also get your primary professions and first aid maxed to 600 too.

hell yes, i did this with my 62 hunter. because of this i am going to have every profession maxed at 600 by the time WOD launches :)

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by time007
    90 levels of anything is too long hahah.

The youth of today, needing instant gratification.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

You get a level 90 for purchasing WoD, does not matter whether you pre-order it, or buy it 10 years for now.

If you boost a level 60 or higher, their profession will be boosted too 600 (great for leatherworking ugh lol)

If you delete you're instant 90, you don't get another one.

You can buy another 90 for $60.

Your 90 will come with 4x 22 slot bags, 150 gold, 150% flying, and flying mount (gryphon for alliance, windrider for horde)