Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They tweeked the blast damage,New rescource system. Best MMOFPS ever

klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95

The last patch they lessened the blast damage so a bulldog gun wasn't so deadly(heat rounds too).Pretty much all blast damage. You have to be ALOT more accurate with your shots.

Also wondering what everyone thinks about the new nanite resource system for spawning vehicles and such. They got rid of spawn timers, so if you certed into spawn time you got all those certs back(if you haven't played in awhile).I don't mind it, its made for more big tanker battles.

Like the title says, This is the best MMOFPS I've ever played. And im a Battlefield veteran and 2142. For a F2P game its pretty darn good. I subbed at first to level up to br 75, but now I don't and its still fun. Some may say its not a MMO or they don't like PVP, but  this game is getting better with time. The hossin expansion and not there adding new vehicles. I know a lot of MMO players cant stand the getting killed all the time, but I love it, its just part of a MMOFPS. Some times when someone gets a good kill on me, I laugh about it. I'm like " you sneaky little sucker knifed me"

Which reminds me of Battlefield 2142, that had just knife servers.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Are there still huge battles with tons of people or has that sort of died off ? I've never tried the game and most of the people I know who did " MEH" about about all they'd say about it.

You make it sound like it's had a lot of work done and being bored I might try it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    There was Golden Eye, then there was Planetside 2. That's what I've always said. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

@Damon, There are still huge battles everywhere. Specially with the new continent out and the continent locking system more people get together on the remaining maps when a faction locks a continent.

Ive played about every shooter in existence (except for Planetside 1) and i have to say that PS2 is to me also the best shooter so far.

However, it lacks some serious progression. I havent seen a single weapon that i want to unlock. Ive been playing with the starter gun since forever and have no reason to change it. Unlocking attachments is cool but when your game doesnt have a good amount of unlockable weapons that are actually better than the starting one, something is wrong. Specially in a game of this magnitude, the weapon variety needs a massive overhaul.

EDIT: the best shooter in First Person, specifically.

• klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95

Yea big battles, and the ability to spam more tanks with no spawn timers. No more infantry, aircraft, mechanized resources. just one pool for all. It regens at a rate of 50 per minute.

One platoon is 4 squads of 12, so you join a platoon and most battles are 48+ against 48+. You don't really know because the map only says 48+ of a enemy in a territory. Sometimes 2 platoons of a same faction roll together for a huge zerg, They usually dominate. It could be 12 against 12 or 100 against 100, depends on the base you trying to get. Some times the third faction comes in too for  a three way!

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

I went in it to play a few weeks ago and it almost melted my cheapo laptop from the amount of people and shots being displayed.. so sad

Actually the came out with the directives(badges). When you complete them you unlock new weapons that cant be got with Station cash  or certs. Thing is you cant really have one weapon that super uber, it would ruin the balance. A lot of weapons are situational. I use a shotgun in tower sieges, 2 shots they dead.

Originally posted by randomt

I went in it to play a few weeks ago and it almost melted my cheapo laptop from the amount of people and shots being displayed.. so sad

Yea, its a huge GPU intensive game. you have to have desktop with a beefy graphics card.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    your title is what lured me in as saying best MMOFPS as I can't imagine that as it is SoE and their code sucks regardless the game.  When I played Planetside there was ridiculous rubber banding and from what I read it is still the same. I find none of SoE's games play well, some of them have great mechanics or unique features but falls flat at it's core do to poor coding.  I do believe they have recently come a ways in this regard with EQ:Landmark and H1Z1 as they look like the first SoE game that is fluid and plays well.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Check out Nvidia's tweak guide for Planetside 2:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1

I recently started playing once I got my second 780 gtx. Amazing game with huge battles going on even now. Looks pretty as well.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Check out Nvidia's tweak guide for Planetside 2:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1

I recently started playing once I got my second 780 gtx. Amazing game with huge battles going on even now. Looks pretty as well.

Thanks for the link, I Will look into this and give the game another go. It's been what feels like  a year since I played. I also have Fiber Optic internet now as well.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    your title is what lured me in as saying best MMOFPS as I can't imagine that as it is SoE and their code sucks regardless the game.  When I played Planetside there was ridiculous rubber banding and from what I read it is still the same. I find none of SoE's games play well, some of them have great mechanics or unique features but falls flat at it's core do to poor coding.  I do believe they have recently come a ways in this regard with EQ:Landmark and H1Z1 as they look like the first SoE game that is fluid and plays well.

Considering you have never seen their code for Planetside 2, it's safe to assume your opinion is completely unwarranted & invalid. And the rest of us will chose to ignore your hatred and instead stay on topic.

P.S EQ:Landmark is the same engine as Planetside 2 and H1Z1. More proof you know not of what you speak of. As expected.

Originally posted by Betaguy

Say what you will of SOE, fact is they make the best AAA games out and are the biggest producer.

The H1Z1 is being developed with the forglight engine, same as PS2 uses.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    I'm not saying that there's nothing to improve and that all is perfect but PS2I can easily agree is hands down best MMOFPS on the market. Despite the massivnes it's still just as playable and fluid (most of the time) as CoD or BF multiplayer. Provided that your machine and connection can handle it ofc.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Planetside 2 is an amazing game.  That being said, once you get involved with a good outfit (guild) or simply join a decent platoon that uses voice comms that the game even provides, the game sky rockets into another level of pure PVP bliss.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

There is much I will never understand about these types of games. I just instantly die at every turn, I will even be with a group of 10 dudes and only I will die. I am like Bad luck Brian..

I am definitely above average in straight shooters like CoD and Counter-Strike. But PlanetSide and Battlefield I just get destroyed. I am excluded from playing these types of games.

Maybe I need to buy a better gun with certs or something...i don't know

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJ0iGZ7Ms8

Michael Caine is Planetside 1.  Sophisticated, intelligent and classy.

Steve Martin is Planetside 2.  Unrefined, dumbed down and crude.

Planetside 2:  Reprecht the Monkey Boy

• The only problem I have with this game is the vehicle nerfs. Currently, air vehicles cannot come anywhere close to a fight. Unless, it's against other air vehicles. Which means air combat vehicles have no place in the game. Anti-air from the ground does a much better job than air to air at killing any transport air craft. I want to play a role of air-to-ground attack and support but it just isn't there because of the sheer amount of ground anti-air available everywhere.