Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOD Beta not updating/cant login.

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Well I got beta access recently and ive dabbled at having a look but have been so busy and just haven't been able to properly get into game.

Today I tried to look  but I keep getting the message...

''were having problems transferring data and are trying to fix it''

Anyone else get this?

Comments

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Yes. About half a dozen threads have popped up in the past couple of days at Battle.net. Here is the official word so far:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13979137825

We've received reports of players having issues updating to the latest beta build, 18764.

BLZBNTAGT000008A2
    We're having a problem transferring data...

We've identified this problem as being an issue with locale settings. We're working on a good, permanent fix for this, but in the meantime there's a few workarounds that players have reported as working for them.

Click the button in the top left of the app -> Settings -> General -> Battle.net Language -> English (US)

From there you can either uninstall your beta and re-install using the English (US) version (also called enUS, as opposed to enGB).

Alternatively, you can move your beta install to a new location, start a fresh install (using English -US). Once the install starts, you can pause it, and move over your data from the original install. This is a pretty hacky fix so I can't guarantee it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

I don't have an ETA on a permanent fix for this issue, but it's definitely one of our top priorities.