Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know how many people are frustrated by ESO and Wildstar. Come try Darkfall, a game for crafting, p

2»

Comments

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I finally got around to trying this game after getting a buddy key. The gameplay is alright, the animations are a major flaw though, and as shallow as it may be to others, I can't watch an avatar run around so disconnected from the rest of the world. My character felt like an overlay on top of a pretty background. It was a deal breaker for me.
  • Arkangel32Arkangel32 Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Wighty

Your forgetting about general asshattery, douchebaggery, forced game play style (hunt in masses or be raped) at least this was my game play experience early on and that was in a decent guild.

If you dare venture out solo you are basically dead... even if you are wearing crap gear, players will kill you just to see what else you are carrying (ore, mats, gold, etc)

The concept behind the game is great, however as with any game like this the bullys and asshats will retty much ruin what little enjoyment you can possibly get out of it. Your only other choice is join a guild in which case the guild will pretty much dictate your playstyle due to the safety in numbers aspect.

To all the fanbois who are going to white knight this to death, this was based on my first 90 days of DFUW... it could be a completely different experience for now, but you are going to have to really hard sell me on it.

If they could implement a system where the PVP bullies become Evil, and there are consequences then this game would inspire me to play.  

I hate to use this example but ... Ultima Online... Yes I said it.... PVP Bullies became Dread Lords, and could not go into cities and the game was good against evil in many cases and in other cases, good fought good, and evil fought evil..  And in other cases... evil guilds betrayed other evil guilds and so on.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by LIOKI
    I finally got around to trying this game after getting a buddy key. The gameplay is alright, the animations are a major flaw though, and as shallow as it may be to others, I can't watch an avatar run around so disconnected from the rest of the world. My character felt like an overlay on top of a pretty background. It was a deal breaker for me.

While reading before posting, you summed up my thoughts. It just looks so dang bad. Worst riding animations ever. I'm a gameplay over look guy too, but geez.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    yes!! if you are frustrated by eso or ws come try df which will totally drive you mad. or at least terribly mess up your psyche(if it is not messed up already :D).  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

LOL one name keeps me from the game. That name is Tasos. He was and is a liar and I will never trust him. Not saying he is still involved in the game but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he changed his name (profile) and is still out there lying to people.

The history can be found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkfall

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
     Well one things for sure after trying DF you will really appreciate Wildstar and TESO a lot more. While both those game have their problems at least they are run by companies that actually talk to their players once in a while and let them know what's going on rather then aventurines "lets screw the players over and leave them in the dark because they don't know what they really want anyway approach" I mean really this is a game company that waited till the day of release to say oops we aren't ready yet their will be a several month delay after which they still wound up releasing a pay to play beta.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    TESO keeps getting better. Some changes are good some still need work. But one thing I can say about TESO,  it is the perfect Role playing game ever made.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    This means, although you're wearing a 15k set of armor and a 6k weapon, you are already invested in 3 more sets in your bank for the time when yours breaks or you get killed and looted.

This sounded like a great game til the above part.

No, no and hell no! I've played EvE and that was enough hate and flustration expended to last me a lifetime. :(

The idea is that you can't have truly satisfying gameplay without having the low points as well. You gotta lose if you want to appreciate it when you win.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Brenics
    TESO keeps getting better. Some changes are good some still need work. But one thing I can say about TESO,  it is the perfect Role playing game ever made.

Yeah especially if you're trying to role play as somebody who doesn't noticeably affect anything around them.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I've tried DF  many times, never lasted past a month or two. I've gone from hating it, to enjoying it, to loving it, and then back to hating it. The main issue I've always had with it is the amazing amount of potential it has. After so many years and now changes added to it I just don't see any more sand being added to this arena game. I generally like Arena games, even really challenging ones, my issue with DF's pvp is the game is so bloody top heavy. The majorly enjoyable times I've had in DF were in situations where I was fighting against people just as new as myself. The rest of the time it was like being run threw a meat grinder. Guess I'm just not "hardcore" enough. It is a decent game with a ton of potential, I'd probably enjoy it more if they removed conversion spells from the game. ( Explained this a few times, personal opinion )

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    What turns me off about this game is the restrictive class system. I like to play hybrid type characters, such as battlemages and paladins. If I can't do that in a game, I won't play it, because what I enjoy most is leveling up and developing a character. Maybe one day they'll chance that and I'll give the game a shot.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by nate1980
    What turns me off about this game is the restrictive class system. I like to play hybrid type characters, such as battlemages and paladins. If I can't do that in a game, I won't play it, because what I enjoy most is leveling up and developing a character. Maybe one day they'll chance that and I'll give the game a shot.

There was a large update somewhat recently that allows you to do customize everything and make your own custom 'class' via adding the skills, armor, weapons, etc that you want. So you can definitely be a paladin or battle mage now if you like.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online