Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Stretch Goal ideas for Star Citizen!

KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394

After passing the mind blowing $50 million mark they ran out of stretch goals. So what can a game designer do other than make new stretch goals to keep those fans putting up hard cash to reach $60 or even $100 million.

----

Chris and his team are hard at work developing all new $350 spaceships with barely functioning interiors and no means to actually pilot them. But that is besides the point, here are some fabulous new stretch goal ideas for you Chris:

$70 million
Most aliens will now wander around shrugging if you attempt to speak to them in anything but their own unique, linguist-designed languages. Some aliens will speak back to you in loud, broken English, giving you directions to local swimming pools.

$80 million
All the spaceships now have on-board gravity.

$90 million
Ship interiors are now even more detailed, floor mats must be properly adjusted before lift-off to avoid them flying around the cockpit during dogfights.

$100 million
The ability to open the hangar door of your spaceship showroom by about seven inches, allowing players to see but not access the vast and incredible open-ended universe of potential that sits just outside.

$200 million
Your hangar now contains a Nintendog, which you must feed and look after.

$300 million
Chris Roberts himself will drive down your street in a monster truck, laughing and laughing.

$400 million
Additional realism: sometimes a wasp will fly into your cockpit, causing your character to temporarily lose control and skid into a black hole.

$500 million
All of the spaceships will be installed with overhead sun visors. Players have a 12% chance of finding a spare set of keys here, with a bonus modifier if they're on the run from the police.

$750 million
Planets now have reverse sides, rather than being revealed to be hollow once you fly around behind them.

$1 trillion
A Wii U version.

[source: pc-games]

----

Please add your own stretch goal ideas in this thread. No flaming or trolling please, this is supposed to be a funny thread.

Comments

• An in-game computer, on which you can play Wing Commander.

Or an in-game computer, on which you can play Elite: Dangerous.

Or an in-game computer, on which you can play Star Citizen, in which there's another in-game computer on which you can play Elite: Dangerous.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I think the 100 million dollar goal should be to actually make a game instead of just space ships for sale.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Console port!! *prepares to dodge* 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

I think they should have personal rewards. Like, if you donate 500 dollars, you can get your a photo of yourself in the credits so people can admire the faces of these pioneers.

If you donate 10000 dollars, your face will be pasted on an npc who is the CEO of the Inter Dimensional Institute Of Terran Studies. (photo required)

For a 100000 dollar donation, you can visit their studio (at your own costs) and watch them do their daily bussiness and help them in their game development (e.g. get coffee, buy them pizza, massage their feet) Of course, this will be filmed and posted on the site as an acknowledgement of a true supporter, so that the world will never forget how you singlehandedly changed the genre and gaming industry!

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

----

Did they forget to send you the "sense of humor" stretch goal?

This thread was to have a little fun not to start a flame war between fans and critics. Just calm down and enjoy it for what it is: harmless fun.

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

$1 trillion
    A Wii U version.

I need that! Come on now, throw more money at screen!

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    [mod edit]
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Karu403

the trolls are abundant in this thread.

if you think you have a legitimate argument, why not go and make your point in the official Star Citizen forums?

you're not scared are you?

I think our definitions of abundant are much different. Probably our definition of troll too.

It's ok, though, I have days when I'm just overly cranky too. Same with my kids. I usually tell them to have a good sleep and let's have a better day tomorrow. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    [mod edit]

Asbo

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I love the concept of Star Citizen, I love the detail ideas and I love that its all targeted toward pushing the PC as far as it can go.

However..

I dont think Chris Roberts has any idea how much money this project is really going to cost. A triple A single player game costs more than what he has raised so far.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

This discussion has been closed.