Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After years why have they not fixed the gold spaming issue?

AztecAztec Member UncommonPosts: 101
I played this games years ago and thought I would try it again today to see if they made some fixes. To my amazement they still have not fixed the gold spamming issue from years ago. How is this level of incompetence even possible? Do they want the gold spammers? Can someone explain this to me please?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    How much does it cost to create a game account?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AztecAztec Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Grunty
    How much does it cost to create a game account?

The fact that it is free is not the point. Even if you flip it and look at it from a business perspective they would make more money by fixing the issue as people would not leave for that reason and would spend more money in their cash shops by the population being bigger.  You also did not answer the question as to why they let the gold spammers stay and harass the population of gamers.

• ryvendarkryvendark Member Posts: 141
    People have been lazy for thousands of years...how is a dev going to fix that in only a few years with very limited access to the problem. Or are you impling theres a way to stop a supply when there's a huge demand ?
  • AztecAztec Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by ryvendark
    People have been lazy for thousands of years...how is a dev going to fix that in only a few years with very limited access to the problem. Or are you impling theres a way to stop a supply when there's a huge demand ?

Other games have stopped it right away.

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Bit confused here. Player iAO (U.S.A Server) for three years+, and euAO (UK European Server) since it opened three months or so ago, and I have yet to see a gold spammer. Do you have some silly chat channel on or something?
  • clearwingsclearwings Member Posts: 3
    No gold spammers in Europe. In USA I got several pming me to sell gold, they did that to characters that had the name in the artisan list and it was quiet annoying. Here bots and spammers are banned fast.