Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black desert na/eu beta starts late 2015

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

http://black-desert.com/forums/index.php/Thread/1411-NA-EU-Beta-to-start-in-late-2015/?pageNo=1

guess will have to wait a bit longer for  a sandbox pvp mmo

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    these companies really need to stop announcing game when their betas are still long way to go. Let alone release. By the time this game releases it will be already dated and better things will be probably out. Just keep it quiet and finish the game. Hypes never end well.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

according to this

http://black-desert.com/news/russianpublisher/

Russia beta indeed this end of year. and release 2015 jan..

Guess will be playing on russia servers again.. i still got my archeage account from gamesnet.ru np here :P

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I guess the reason for this is that they want NA and EU release at almost same time.

For some stupid reason they may feel they need to have it in german and french version as well.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    It's a pity that translation software is still so bad . You still need a person fluent to check them or beta testers to pick out the wrongly translated text.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This game has been hyped for years and now they want to wait another year and a half almost to reach their core market. This game is done. You got so many games coming out in the first/second quarter of next years not to mention expansions, this game is gonna be an after thought.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Its not a fixed date so dont means anything, we allready see alot of this during last years.

I dont follow to close BD, just read a interview here and there and i have the feeling that game is far from been finish.

Having BD around here in 2016 is been optimist imo.

But ofc, i might be wrong.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    What are all these other games that are coming out because I still have not seen one game that looks better then Black Desert.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I know that this isn't the best news but it is progress and its one step further to a US beta and launch.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Only downside about the best asian games is it takes AGES to get their version on EU/NA
    At least i have tons of fun in Archeage and it should last me quite some time so thats a big relief ^^

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Nasa

I guess the reason for this is that they want NA and EU release at almost same time.

For some stupid reason they may feel they need to have it in german and french version as well.

It's not just about translation, it's localization.

Cultural differences, in some cases modification due to censorhip etc.

For example, Germany is the second largest market in europe. And  i suppose we all know what some games gone through in order to be released there, such as changing the color of blood or cutting out parts of a game  just to be able to even release the game there.

I don't know how, or rather, why?!  But a lot of players don't speak english, so they can't play (wish that was true and the weren't flooding english speaking servers with their native language) unless the game is translated to their language. Then there are those who just simply prefer to play games that translated to their native language.

Though, i have to admit. i've learned english from 0 just by playing mmorpg's. And if we are here already, i have to say, we, in Hungary, rarely see any game translated to our language. Either way, i preferred to play games in English, even if my own language was available.

At the other hand, localization (excluding translations) sometimes just seem to be a bad excuse in order to buy some time (idk what for, perhaps hype, preorders etc). Sometimes consists minor changes, such as making the game easyer for the western audience, and as in Tera's case, giving some races (elin) less revealing armors.

My personal thoughts about it.

Game developers should start to localize games in an early phase, or even develope them in a way that ensures the game could be released worldwidely at the same time. But perhaps this will never happen,  as it would require more resources and they probably want to see how it goes in their own territoty. Which is bs when some games having a budget of 50 million dollars + marketing.

So the recipe is simple.

They can reach a wider audience for their product if they translate the game to German and French.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    these companies really need to stop announcing game when their betas are still long way to go. Let alone release. By the time this game releases it will be already dated and better things will be probably out. Just keep it quiet and finish the game. Hypes never end well.

There is nothing wrong with a game company keeping their fans appraised as to the status of their game.  It is gamers who create the hype.  Learn to avoid/ignore the hype.  Play the game when it is released.

• solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54

BD is just too far out for me to give a crap anymore. Initially I was interested, and some of the videos made it look like something special, but its all just hype and fluff.

This game wont beat EQ out the door at this rate, will be behind CU, and I am sure several others before they get anything playable up. 

This much hype and no release in the foreseeable future smacks of a bad game. We have danced like this with other releases that shall remain nameless, but no more, get a game out and something to play soon or shhh.

Paging Black Desert, your boat has sailed......  

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Am I going crazy or did you people even read the link? NA/EU beta is to start EARLY 2015.  

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2014-08-04/chinajoy_2014_mmosite_exclusive_interview_black_desert_team_1.shtml

"Q: Our readers are very eager to play Black Desert, could you tell us when will Black Desert come to these enthusiastic players? Will there be anything new in Black Desert NA/EU for our players? What're the differences between NA/EU server and Korea server?

Brian: About the progress of NA/EU server, we can tell you that the translation and localization of Black Desert NA/EU is underway. Korean sever has just finished CBT2 and will kick off CBT3 in September and Open Beta in November. Then we will begin the alpha and closed betas for NA/EU server after that, we plan to start Black Desert NA/EU CBT1 in early 2015. Our visit to ChinaJoy is exactly aimed for business with top Chinese publishers. So NA/EU server's launch schedule will definitely be earlier than the CN server. 

Black Desert is based on medieval Europe, and we think it matches NA/EU players' culture. And contents of Black Desert NA/EU won't be altered much. But we'll alter it based on NA/EU players' suggestions and demands."

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by wormed

Am I going crazy or did you people even read the link? NA/EU beta is to start EARLY 2015.  

All I want to know is how much are they going to charge for the CB founder's packs? 

You know its coming.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    For Pete's sake, the game isn't even released in Korea yet and you're complaining about beta's here?  You've got a while to wait my friends... a long wait.  Hell, even EQNext isn't going to have a beta yet.  
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by Jockan
    What are all these other games that are coming out because I still have not seen one game that looks better then Black Desert.

BLESS online. ....*blows mind*

Witty & Wicked >:)

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by VveV

Oh, you are a fan boy :) OK, can accept your mind is blown.

If by fan boy you mean a corrector of wrong information and promoter of truth, then hell yea ima fanboi XD

and you are welcome for having your mind blown ! >:)

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

If by fan boy you mean a corrector of wrong information and promoter of truth, then hell yea ima fanboi XD

As a subscriber to UE4, I can assure you that UE4 makes UE3 look like yesterday's news. The vids of Bless look average at best, and seems to display all the gameplay features that we already have with AA and other EQ/DAoC clone games. Run a search on youtube for UE4, check out the trailers, and get a load of what modern games should look like, at least in terms of graphics.

Originally posted by Ket_Viliano

As a subscriber to UE4, I can assure you that UE4 makes UE3 look like yesterday's news. The vids of Bless look average at best, and seems to display all the gameplay features that we already have with AA and other EQ/DAoC clone games. Run a search on youtube for UE4, check out the trailers, and get a load of what modern games should look like, at least in terms of graphics.

http://2p.com/3444212_1/Photorealistic-Screenshots-of-BLESS--Even-the-Photographer-Cannot-Tell-by-Nichole.htm

^ This does not look like yesterdays days news >.> lol

What is the date of the videos that you are watching <.<? I have seen plenty of BDO videos where the game looked like a total clunk fest, In and Out of the combat.  

This would be vaild if what the game did different was actually good. Making the players character for them goes against BDO being a MMORPG. The game has alot of aspects that the developers were just lazy on, one big one was Class and character animations. Example; not being able to be a female elf sorc.

Originally posted by Ket_Viliano

http://2p.com/3444212_1/Photorealistic-Screenshots-of-BLESS--Even-the-Photographer-Cannot-Tell-by-Nichole.htm

^ This does not look like yesterdays days news >.> lol

What is the date of the videos that you are watching <.  

This would be vaild if what the game did different was actually good. Making the players character for them goes against BDO being a MMORPG. The game has alot of aspects that the developers were just lazy on, one big one was Class and character animations. Example; not being able to be a female elf sorc.

I have a simple question, why a Bless fanboy writes in BDO forum? The only answer is he is insecure and scared because Black Desert is the better game :)

Why I do not write in Bless forum? Because I know  for sure Black Desert is the better game :) 

Losses the discussion then tries to change topic. I see i #Gotcha XD

Still trying to stay off topic, get back to me when you can counter my points ;]

#BlessBestMMORPG2015

The topic is outdated, CBT will be in 2015, but not late 2015.

As the game (BDO) will be by the time it is released. There is a reason alot of BDO fans aren't happy about its dates.