Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tank

JiyuuishiJiyuuishi Member UncommonPosts: 22

Hiho.

I will make this short: How and with what class/path is tanking atm the best in the Game?

Like in other MMOs I wanted to try tanking, but I have to admit... I don't like the "feeling" of the Engineer-Tank and I couldn't play an leather-assassin-Tank in any Game that I played up until now.

But most of the comments of tanking as a warrior read like "Don't do it." or "Other classes out-class the Warrior Tank.".

Should I go for warrior and hope that it gets a buff? Or should I try Engi or Stalker?

Greetings

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Go with Stalkers they are Op tanks right now and can do well even with average gear. Other classes are more gear dependent than skills slotted on your hotbar. 
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Try the Engineer.  Although Stalkers are okay as far as staying alive, their Taunting capabilities are subpar compared to that of the Engineer. Besides, the next major Drop/Class Balance will be a slight nerf to the Stalker in that it will no longer be #1 at staying alive as it is now without competition.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    I play both stalker and engi to 50 and endgame some.. i prefer engi tbh. Stalker has a lot of issues keeping aggro from the DPS (spell slingers) seeing how they build up aggro like its nothing. engi on the other hand can counter that build up with their own taunts. Stalkers have a good amount of self heal and make them usefull for tanking groups but if you go to tank a boss that heal is diminished rather bad because its based off of the amount of enemies it hits.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• JiyuuishiJiyuuishi Member UncommonPosts: 22
    And what about Warriors? Are they really that bad?
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Jiyuuishi
    And what about Warriors? Are they really that bad?

Yes. The only thing they're good at right now is PvP spinning. That's it.  Good luck with that as being "entertainment", because it's not really.