Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reaper of Souls or Ultimate Evil Edition

DalimaDalima Member Posts: 3

Is there a big difference with the Ultimate Evil Edition? compared to buying just the Xpac?

Which is I get?

Comments

• sonicwhip2sonicwhip2 Member Posts: 86
    Ultimate Evil edition has both the xpac and regular game.
  • DalimaDalima Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by sonicwhip2
    Ultimate Evil edition has both the xpac and regular game.

No special content right? like DLC?

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    UEE - the console version is way better 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    UEE - the console version is way better 

The only thing that is better is not having DRM.  The rest is subjective.  Personally, when I think Diablo I think PC not consoles.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I keep on hearing that the console version is the definitive one.  That they really got down the controls perfectly and that the addition of such things as rolling (not available in the PC version) really adds to the game.  In addition, you can just lay back in your bed or on a couch and just hack and slash.

I'm not sure how multiplayer is set up on the Ultimate Evil Edition, but I do know that it has an offline / single player mode that the PC version lacks.  Whether it will have a lobby system whereby you can just connect with people like how it's done on the PC version, I do not know.  Though if you have people at home that want to play together -- or are in a party situation -- you can just load up 4 player co-op with a single copy of the game, instead of having to buy four different copies and build four different gaming PCs to do so.

One thing I should note is that I don't intend on buying the console version as I have the PC one already; in fact, I'm 99% a PC gamer as a whole.  I haven't even touched my PS3 or Xbox360 since buying them.  One is used as a paperweight and the other to prop something up.  Initially they were only bought for some exclusives, but I ended up having no interest in them.  If you're really into the online multiplayer aspect, I'd probably go with the PC as I don't know how reliable the console are for that.  But everything else, I'd say get the Ultimate Evil Edition if you're able to.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

I keep on hearing that the console version is the definitive one.  That they really got down the controls perfectly and that the addition of such things as rolling (not available in the PC version) really adds to the game.  In addition, you can just lay back in your bed or on a couch and just hack and slash.

I'm not sure how multiplayer is set up on the Ultimate Evil Edition, but I do know that it has an offline / single player mode that the PC version lacks.  Whether it will have a lobby system whereby you can just connect with people like how it's done on the PC version, I do not know.  Though if you have people at home that want to play together -- or are in a party situation -- you can just load up 4 player co-op with a single copy of the game, instead of having to buy four different copies and build four different gaming PCs to do so.

One thing I should note is that I don't intend on buying the console version as I have the PC one already; in fact, I'm 99% a PC gamer as a whole.  I haven't even touched my PS3 or Xbox360 since buying them.  One is used as a paperweight and the other to prop something up.  Initially they were only bought for some exclusives, but I ended up having no interest in them.  If you're really into the online multiplayer aspect, I'd probably go with the PC as I don't know how reliable the console are for that.  But everything else, I'd say get the Ultimate Evil Edition if you're able to.

At least you made a compelling argument why you think the console version is better.  Instead of just saying "Console version is the bees knees and I don't need a reason to state this as fact!".

Also, the part in red.  This is not exclusive to consoles.  You can easily stream the PC game to your TV.  Or play it on a laptop.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

At least you made a compelling argument why you think the console version is better.  Instead of just saying "Console version is the bees knees and I don't need a reason to state this as fact!".

Also, the part in red.  This is not exclusive to consoles.  You can easily stream the PC game to your TV.  Or play it on a laptop.

I suppose a certain setup would allow for that once someone gets acclimated to the positioning.  I've always had my reaction time slowed when on a laptop or trying to move my keyboard to the bed or placed on my knees on the couch (or perhaps on a tray, whereby I have to move forward awkwardly), so those experiences just led me to make a general statement that a controller is easier to relax in your hands.  Though personally I can't stand controllers anymore; I go for keyboards even on games that may have horrible control ports for such.

Under normal conditions I'd always suggest a PC version of a game over a console one.  Though that usually entails the capacity for modding, higher graphics settings and the eventual sale of the game.  Though this is Blizzard we're talking about, and they aren't exactly known for putting their games on sale frequently or with any zeal.  In addition to that, they destroyed the Diablo modding community with D3 (the ones that went to D3 and didn't stay with D2) and the game isn't pretty enough to really bring out the potential of the hardware we have in our gaming machines.  That, and the previously mentioned stuff, just make me lean towards suggesting the console version to someone who is deciding between the two.

Though again that's dependent on how well the online capabilities of the console versions are.  If it doesn't exist (drop in, drop out of games like on the PC), then it's a toss up of either wanting to play with strangers or people you know in real life, at your house.  Though I'm sure at the least there will be online play with people you have on your friends lists as well.

:3

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

I suppose a certain setup would allow for that once someone gets acclimated to the positioning.  I've always had my reaction time slowed when on a laptop or trying to move my keyboard to the bed or placed on my knees on the couch (or perhaps on a tray, whereby I have to move forward awkwardly), so those experiences just led me to make a general statement that a controller is easier to relax in your hands.  Though personally I can't stand controllers anymore; I go for keyboards even on games that may have horrible control ports for such.

Under normal conditions I'd always suggest a PC version of a game over a console one.  Though that usually entails the capacity for modding, higher graphics settings and the eventual sale of the game.  Though this is Blizzard we're talking about, and they aren't exactly known for putting their games on sale frequently or with any zeal.  In addition to that, they destroyed the Diablo modding community with D3 (the ones that went to D3 and didn't stay with D2) and the game isn't pretty enough to really bring out the potential of the hardware we have in our gaming machines.  That, and the previously mentioned stuff, just make me lean towards suggesting the console version to someone who is deciding between the two.

Though again that's dependent on how well the online capabilities of the console versions are.  If it doesn't exist (drop in, drop out of games like on the PC), then it's a toss up of either wanting to play with strangers or people you know in real life, at your house.  Though I'm sure at the least there will be online play with people you have on your friends lists as well.

All fair points.  I haven't played D3 on consoles, only on PC.  But, I have played a few other action rpgs on consoles (Baldur's gate 1 and 2 for PS2 for example).  So, I'm sure it works well with a controller.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635

You can still use a damn controller on a PC and lay back on the couch and play I do it all the time to suit my mood

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Well, I only play games on my PC now, and since I have RoS since release, there is no way i can switch to a console version.

However, knowing blizz, the control scheme would be very well done. It is not like PCs don't support console controls (for example, i play Tomb Raider, Sniper Elite 3 and Wolfenstein on my PC using a xbox controller). It would be best if the PC version get console controller support.